Ousmane Dembélé

Tackle

U got hurt buddy.. It OK. Those players are millionaires they can handle criticism.

Ignore that fanatical muppet.

He went as far as to diminish Messi and prop up Cristiano simply to defend Dembele.

Just imagine being a "Barca fan" only to speak ill of the greatest player in club history in a pathetic attempt to glorify a 140m flop.

:lol::lol::lol:

LMTR14

Funny how some people are still complaining about Dembele missing that chance
Barça lost 4-0 ffs and you still blaming one player for this defeat?:lol:

two defeats. he had the golden opportunity at the roma game as well. granted it was a lot harder to hit that one, but it also was empty net...

Nazario1985

Saying that the 4th goal didn't matter because we lost 4-0 is actually a big LIE.

Messi got so mad after the miss cause 4-0 is huge to overcome with a 5-0 and will put a big moral depression on the opponent.

By the same f***up logic why score 3 ? just go for 1 goal cause can only qualify of we win both games …

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
There were another fucking 90 mins to play and we only needed one fucking goal to make it 10x harder then the 4-0 would of been....

Vilarrubi

Saying that the 4th goal didn't matter because we lost 4-0 is actually a big LIE.

Messi got so mad after the miss cause 4-0 is huge to overcome with a 5-0 and will put a big moral depression on the opponent.

By the same f***up logic why score 3 ? just go for 1 goal cause can only qualify of we win both games …

Agree, a comeback from a 4 goal deficit in the CL has only happened once which was us against PSG. So statistically it was way more likely we'd have reached the final with 4-0, imo 4-0 would have crushed them mentally. 3-0 comebacks happen in various competitions more frequently, 4-0 is almost impossible. So yeah his miss played a HUGE factor in deciding the tie, whether we played shit at Anfield or not. People who defend him for that miss baffle me, he cost 130m... he should bury those chances with ease.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Agree, a comeback from a 4 goal deficit in the CL has only happened once which was us against PSG. So statistically it was way more likely we'd have reached the final with 4-0, imo 4-0 would have crushed them mentally. 3-0 comebacks happen in various competitions more frequently, 4-0 is almost impossible. So yeah his miss played a HUGE factor in deciding the tie, whether we played shit at Anfield or not. People who defend him for that miss baffle me, he cost 130m... he should bury those chances with ease.

Fucking absurd logic. Guy got 5 minutes in both legs yet you're attributing the blame mainly on him. Seriously it's fucking so dumb.

Alright guys the retards have spoken. The guy that played 5 mins was the main reason we got knocked out.

Remember when Messi put suarez in 1 on 1, yeah no one remembers that or him walking around miscontroling every ball he got.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

That miss was indefensible but our performance at Anfield was far, far more so.

4-0 vs 3-0 wouldn't have mattered and even if it did, we shouldn't need a 4-0 in the first leg to not bottle it. Even if his miss did matter, it shouldn't have.

If we had a competent coach with the slightest iota of attacking intent at Anfield, we would have gone through whether Dembele missed or not.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Fucking absurd logic. Guy got 5 minutes in both legs yet your attributing the blame mainly on him. Seriously it's fucking so dumb.

Alright guys the retards have spoken. The guy that played 5 mins was the main reason we got knocked out.

Where did I say the blame is mainly on him? I must have missed that part?

The Alba header, Rakitic backpass, Suarez chance, Coutinho chance all at Anfield and Valverde lineup/tactics are all to blame too. But out of all the fuckups Dembele's was worst imo and as I said in the original post, all the things that happened at Anfield could have still happened and statistically Liverpool would have needed a miracle to overturn a 4 goal deficit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The Liverpool miss was bad, but if you cannot defend a three goal lead he's the least to blame. Go and find another scapegoat and stop being so immature.

Vilarrubi

That miss was indefensible but our performance at Anfield was far, far more so.

4-0 vs 3-0 wouldn't have mattered and even if it did, we shouldn't need a 4-0 in the first leg to not bottle it. Even if his miss did matter, it shouldn't have.

See my reply above. Pointing the blame at Dembele for that miss isn't taking the blame away from everything else that happened at Anfield, far from it. But that miss is way more important than some people think. 4-0 does matter, statistically it's happened once. Where does this logic end? 6-0 and they'd have scored 7.... lol there's got to be some cut off point.

KingLeo10

As much as it pains me to say it, he's been underwhelming for us. If he was truly hell bent on being a success at Barca, he could have done a lot of things differently. He definitely has the talent for it but not the work ethic/discipline.

DonAK

As much as it pains me to say it, he's been underwhelming for us. If he was truly hell bent on being a success at Barca, he could have done a lot of things differently. He definitely has the talent for it but not the work ethic/discipline.

He's talented, but not as talented as people want you to believe either.

What sets him apart from the likes of Coman, Sancho, Sané?

Some people will still try to convince you that he's a generational talent. Never was.

KingLeo10

He's talented, but not as talented as people want you to believe either.

What sets him apart from the likes of Coman, Sancho, Sané?

Some people will still try to convince you that he's a generational talent. Never was.

I agree he's not a generational talent. Those are far and few. The last one was Neyclown and before that CR7 and Robben in terms of wing forwards. Messi in a different category altogether than even those 3.

For me, he showed more than Coman or Sane at the same age in his Dortmund season. Sancho I haven't seen much of so I can't comment. Sane hit the highest level out of these 3 but it helps playing under Pep as an attacker.

I guess my expectations were that despite our obvious deficiencies at manager, he would atleast play at an elite level. Not top 3 winger/wing forward in the world or anything like that, but easily in the top 10 which should be the standard for a Barca attacker. And here he is competing with Fati for a spot.

DonAK

I agree he's not a generational talent. Those are far and few. The last one was Neyclown and before that CR7 and Robben in terms of wing forwards. Messi in a different category altogether than even those 3.

For me, he showed more than Coman or Sane at the same age in his Dortmund season. Sancho I haven't seen much of so I can't comment. Sane hit the highest level out of these 3 but it helps playing under Pep as an attacker.

I guess my expectations were that despite our obvious deficiencies at manager, he would atleast play at an elite level. Not top 3 winger/wing forward in the world or anything like that, but easily in the top 10 which should be the standard for a Barca attacker. And here he is competing with Fati for a spot.

The problem with Dembele is that he's not a very efficient dribbler. I don't care about his dribbles/game stat, he's not very efficient doing it going forward in dangerous positions. His movement off the ball is awful, he's a type of player that need the ball at his feet, he's mostly stand at one place and wait for someone to pass the ball to him than run into a position to receive it. He's getting slightly better at it recently, but it's still bad and that makes him a very poor fit for Barcelona, or any team that won't commit to building their attacking movement around him.

This is why Barcelona should sell him. We don't need more creative wingers that act like CAMs. We need more direct wingers that know how to position themselves, are efficient 1v1 and can score goals.

That means no Dembele, no Sancho, no one in that mould as long as we have Messi. Heck even without Messi they're not good enough to build the team around.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans