Ousmane Dembélé

FinBarcelonafan

I think it needs to be recognised...or remembered that it was Dembele who got us up the pitch to create that chance in the first place. Probably the only player in the whole squad capable of doing that too.

It was a poor miss. But the embarrassing performance at Anfield was nothing to do with his miss.

Exactly. We lead 3-0 after the first match. There's no excuse. If he scored 4-0, Liverpool would have scored 4 and won in overtime. We sucked balls.

Laplacian

I think it needs to be recognised...or remembered that it was Dembele who got us up the pitch to create that chance in the first place. Probably the only player in the whole squad capable of doing that too.

It was a poor miss. But the embarrassing performance at Anfield was nothing to do with his miss.

Read the comment again. This isn't about the UCL, the Anfield game or whatever. I don't care about that. I care about the abilities the club paid 140m for. It's about his brainless antics on pitch.

I think it needs to be recognised...or remembered that it was Dembele who got us up the pitch to create that chance in the first place.

Mate, you guys over-exaggerate his abilities way too much. Let's watch it again, it's near the end of the video.

[youtube]1S4cXeL1-nc[/youtube]

HE RAN, IN OPEN SPACE, ON THE COUNTER, WITH LITERALLY NO ONE AHEAD OF HIM, AND PLAYED AN EASY OPEN PASS TO MESSI. Why are you guys acting like he did anything special? It's you who needs to remember what happened...

Yeah he's the only who can do that (at that time also Malcom), because he's the only 22 year old winger in the club and everyone else is past 30+. If "he runs a lot" are what the standards are now then, why did the club pay 140m for him? Might as well just get Deulofeu back lol

JohnN

Read the comment again. This isn't about the UCL, the Anfield game or whatever. I don't care about that. I care about the abilities the club paid 140m for. It's about his brainless antics on pitch.

Mate, you guys over-exaggerate his abilities way too much. Let's watch it again, it's near the end of the video.

[youtube]1S4cXeL1-nc[/youtube]

HE RAN, IN OPEN SPACE, ON THE COUNTER, WITH LITERALLY NO ONE AHEAD OF HIM, AND PLAYED AN EASY OPEN PASS TO MESSI. Why are you guys acting like he did anything special? It's you who needs to remember what happened...

Yeah he's the only who can do that (at that time also Malcom), because he's the only 22 year old winger in the club and everyone else is past 30+. If "he runs a lot" are what the standards are now then, why did the club pay 140m for him? Might as well just get Deulofeu back lol

He could run because he was subbed in some minutes before and had fresh legs. Any barca player should be able to do that in the same situation.
It was a very bad miss. Unlucky Pique didn't get the ball, as he is very consistent in front of goal.

We have been over this, Dembele was just subbed in so he wasn't sharp at that time, it wouldn't have made that much of a difference in the return leg and even if it did, Dembele can be attributed with something like 5% fault for the aggregate result. Anyone can miss easy goals, we shouldn't focus on that.

We should focus on all the other things about Dembele, like the fact that he can't seem to get a decent run of games without an injury.
Whatever potential he keeps (very well hidden) under the surface, he will never be able to show them without consistent playing time and good fitness.

Laplacian

Exactly, those runs during counters aren't special.

[youtube]IpifzPVgPpc[/youtube]

Those two attempts during the second half, why can't he show that on a consistent basis...? They're great shots and the goal of course is lovely. Sigh...
The guy just is just all instinct and no brains. Just look at that cross, he plays it straight to Italy. Didn't look up or anything, just kicked and prayed.

El Flaco

[tw]1165297258222542849[/tw]

[Alfredo Martinez] Barcelona will sanction Dembele again. He had to pay 500k euros in fines to the club last year.

BBZ8800

EV replied today: "Dembélé? I don't want to talk too much about him... I'll leave this topic without comment."

Maxim4

EV replied today: "Dembélé? I don't want to talk too much about him... I'll leave this topic without comment."

This is Valverde's statement. I do not know why you change his words.

"I have nothing to comment publicly," the FC Barcelona coach said coldly. "I do not want to talk about that.
Other things have happened in recent years. We always make tons and controversies and I will not comment. "

BBZ8800

This is Valverde's statement. I do not know why you change his words.

"I have nothing to comment publicly," the FC Barcelona coach said coldly. "I do not want to talk about that.
Other things have happened in recent years. We always make tons and controversies and I will not comment. "

I quoted the EXCACT text from Barcacentre Twitter.

EdmondDantes

He didn't quite mean it like that. He - more or less - said he'd rather not comment since whenever he's touched this subjected it just snow-balls needlessly.

He wasn't that assertive but rather indifferent - before the press at least.

Tackle

EC1A6nSXYAAWO9G.jpg

I was told it was insulting to compare Dembele to Adama.

In reality it may be the other way around.

Both have shite end-product and a non-existent football IQ, but Traore at the very least is one of the best dribblers in the world. More than that can be said about Ousmane.

MagIX

:lol:
I can't believe it.

Please, please close definitely the worst-the most ridiculous-the most shameful chapter (title: 300mio thrown in the toilet) in the barca history: please after loaning Coutinho, pls sell/loan Dembele.

this again

300mio !! ..... what an opportunity we have thrown away! what an opportunity to have a such big amount to invest in the team.... we have a banana republican management!

Home of Barca Fans