Ousmane Dembélé

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Abidal has met with Dembélé's agent this afternoon and he has shown that the club is unhappy with his recent behaviour. [cat radio] <a href="https://t.co/1FUmULX7v2">pic.twitter.com/1FUmULX7v2</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1164959983848632321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vlad

Jesus, what a fail, Kudos to BBZ, he was right about this guy from the first sign he is coming here

Ediz: just think about that at the moment, barca got 220m for neymar, they added 80m, bought 2 players, fans were all over the place from cou and demb. hype, now, they just want to get rid of them to bring 2 year older neymar, wow, epic.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

I feel he could have done well with someone like Pep or Klopp to set his ass straight.

But yes, at this point you can’t solely blame Valverde for his woes. But I do believe a better coach could have got more out of him and maybe helped him his potential. I’m not going to deny his attitude sucks though. Valverde mishandled him but ultimately he’s the one wasting his own talent. Contrast with Arthur who will most likely make it despite Valverde's best efforts against him. Same goes for De Jong.

Barely playing him against Roma was still inexcusable. He was basically tailor-made for that game.

Last edited:

TheJackal

Could be both, but at this rate I'm not sure Dembele will ever be mature enough.

He's still only 22 to be fair, so there's potential that he may improve. Then again, he already has all the money in the world so maybe he just doesn't care anymore.

Riordon

A lot of you write that Pep or Kloop would do wonders with him.

I’m sure he is the type of player and person that Pep hates and would have given up. Pep can’t turn anyone worldclass. That’s why he spent 200m on fullbacks and god knows how much on centerbacks.

He can’t deal with Dembele.

He would deal with him like Eto’o and Toure

Last edited:

Neyback19

Banned
A lot of you write that Pep or Kloop would do wonders with him.

I’m sure he is the type of player and person that Pep hates and would have given up. Pep can’t turn anyone worldclass. That’s why he spent 200m on fullbacks and god knows how much on centerbacks.

He can’t deal with Dembele.

He would deal with him like Eto’o and Toure

No dude, it's all Valverde's fault. Dembele would have won five Ballon d'Ors by now if not for Valverde. Just look at how Sane has been tearing teams apart under Pep for the past year.

I would breakdown Dembele's problems at Barca so far like this:
Injuries 55%
Attitude 20%
Lack of ability besides pace 20%
Valverde 5%

Last edited:

Laplacian

I don't even care about the UCL, I know we can't do it with Valverde but that Liverpool miss will haunt me. Guys just look at it, it's just him, Pique, and the GK with tons of space and time for a shot. I mean missing is embarrassing...it's THE WAY he missed. The most brainless, shortsighted scuff shot ever.

I can't believe it man. The club paid 140m euros for this "talent." I just don't want him in this club anymore. How does a world class generational winger make a miss like that...? Fuck off man.

Calidad

I don't even care about the UCL, I know we can't do it with Valverde but that Liverpool miss will haunt me. Guys just look at it, it's just him, Pique, and the GK with tons of space and time for a shot. I mean missing is embarrassing...it's THE WAY he missed. The most brainless, shortsighted scuff shot ever.

I can't believe it man. The club paid 140m euros for this "talent." I just don't want him in this club anymore. How does a world class generational winger make a miss like that...? Fuck off man.

I think it needs to be recognised...or remembered that it was Dembele who got us up the pitch to create that chance in the first place. Probably the only player in the whole squad capable of doing that too.

It was a poor miss. But the embarrassing performance at Anfield was nothing to do with his miss.

Home of Barca Fans