Ousmane Dembélé

Laplacian

People forgot too fast how good was he when fit. Im excited to see him, de jong and arthur in the same lineup, all fit. Exciting times ahead of us.

More like his 5 games or so of good form in December and January induced collective amnesia of all the sub-par and borderline insulting performances he had in September, October, and November for you guys.

He was fit here too:

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13639-11-Ousmane-Dembélé-old-thread/page828

There's at least 80 or so pages of users negatively reacting to his performances, even from so called "neutral" posters (not just "haters" like me) like Joan. It's either that or people excusing his performances by blaming Valverde or saying the squad's too old for him to play properly. lol

It's simply amazing to me how easily this forum and other fan-spaces have completely forgotten about a huge chunk of Dembele's season. He had like two good games last season and less than 10 this season, yet you guys constantly wave that away as if it isn't part of his game while his good performances are. It's easy to see that Dembele can be magical, he has been, but that form comes way too infrequently for me to use it as a reason for him to start. A player who plays at best at a mediocre level for 3 months and a few weeks of good form is NOT starter quality for Barcelona. It's insane how the standards of this club has fallen.

When evaluating players we should consider his lows, highs, and every thing in between. For dembele his low and highs are way too far apart, the former happens much more frequently than the latter.

Last edited:

Potroh

There's at least 80 or so pages of users negatively reacting to his performances, even from so called "neutral" posters (not just "haters" like me) like Joan. It's either that or people excusing his performances by blaming Valverde or saying the squad's too old for him to play properly. lol

You need to slightly examine your own agenda, because people do NOT simply judge a young forward by his actual PERFORMANCES, rather, at the age of 20-21, the more clever folks, who understand a bit about this game, try to assess his talent and view his FUTURE performances under that microscope.
It is called: constructive thinking, when a coach, expert or semi-expert tries to examine players, things and even tactics in a BROADER range.

You (and BBZ and a couple of other folks, who otherwise have less of a gift to judge a player according to his natural and born talents) try to mostly come up with actual performances, in order to prove that he is an solid piece of shit. You do that regardless that the best clubs would be quite glad to have him, and of course it stands for other similar talents as well.

Well, you as a declared "hater", don't miss a single opportunity to express your feelings and opinion, which is simply dull, repetitive and boring.
Give him another season - here or elsewhere, it doesn't matter - and THEN you can declare that in spite of his talents, he couldn't make it for some sad reason.
But repeating the very same, highly biased sentences over and over again, leads nowhere.

Those, who fail to recognize the unmistakable talents - like Dembele is - will simply remain 'haters', without the minimally needed insight into the actual footballing aspect.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

To this day i still can't believe we have the BEST talent in the world dawg.

Can't wait for him to have a proper season dawg , teams will forfeit before playing us.

Good times ahead of us dawg if PRINCE DEMBELE has a full uninjured season.

HOPE

Laplacian

You need to slightly examine your own agenda, because people do NOT simply judge a young forward by his actual PERFORMANCES, rather, at the age of 20-21, the more clever folks, who understand a bit about this game, try to assess his talent and view his FUTURE performances under that microscope.
It is called: constructive thinking, when a coach, expert or semi-expert tries to examine players, things and even tactics in a BROADER range.

You (and BBZ and a couple of other folks, who otherwise have less of a gift to judge a player according to his natural and born talents) try to mostly come up with actual performances, in order to prove that he is an solid piece of shit. You do that regardless that the best clubs would be quite glad to have him, and of course it stands for other similar talents as well.

Well, you as a declared "hater", don't miss a single opportunity to express your feelings and opinion, which is simply dull, repetitive and boring.
Give him another season - here or elsewhere, it doesn't matter - and THEN you can declare that in spite of his talents, he couldn't make it for some sad reason.
But repeating the very same, highly biased sentences over and over again, leads nowhere.

Those, who fail to recognize the unmistakable talents - like Dembele is - will simply remain 'haters', without the minimally needed insight into the actual footballing aspect.

Right, because making predictions on his future performances based on what he displays the MAJORITY OF THE TIME isn't constructive thinking. Optimistically moaning about poTeNtIaL, poTEnTIAL, and PoTenTIAl despite the level he actually shows however is. Lol?

If anything's boring, dull, repetitive and lacking all sorts of nuance and substantiation here it's you.

Laplacian

Nah man Potroh is correct. Count your Dembele comments and face the facts. You re nearing Zidane@Rakitic level of repetition.

I'm pretty sure all the "but he's GOt So mUch PotENtiAL" comments as retorts to criticisms of his shite performances however aren't repetitive, but instead brimming with intellectual foresight and creativity.

Potroh

Right, because making predictions on his future performances based on what he displays the MAJORITY OF THE TIME isn't constructive thinking. Optimistically moaning about poTeNtIaL, poTEnTIAL, and PoTenTIAl despite the level he actually shows however is. Lol?

One more thing you need to understand about this game:
Forwards are NOT similar to defenders and goalkeepers. Attackers ARE allowed to make mistakes, not all shots go into the net, not all key-passes are successful and not all dribbles go through.
The good attacker has a "creative ratio" where his actions are OFTEN a success.
On the other hand a good defender is the one who almost never makes a mistake, goalkeeper is the same.
They earn less, are adored less and their reliability is the key.

Therefore, an attacker needs to be judged very differently, specially at the age when he is still immature compared to what he might become. Good attacking is creative and complex.
That's why a younger guy, who shows a lot of nice type of features, needs more patience, and is MORE susceptible to complex factors. Like: whom he is playing with, which tactics tie down his actions, etc.

Otherwise Dembele had wonderful games, decisive games and goals, so all you may bring up against him is the RATIO of his good performances and the unlucky injuries he suffered.

If anything's boring, dull, repetitive and lacking all sorts of nuance and substantiation here it's you.

That's just childish and unnecessary my friend.
The "my defense is to attach" mentality is rarely successful past elementary school years...

BBZ8800

You (and BBZ

No offense, but you said you were a coach, right?
And all you talk about is a talent, talent, talent.

Not a single word about things like IQ.

So, I guess you coached on a level where a pure talent is enough to get you out of any trouble.

If you are talented but dumb or a bad professional, you will still be better than others?

Well, if Dembele were a player of a Hungarian NT team, then yes.
In a team where other players are mediocre for Barca's standards, someone like Dembele would be an alien, and YES, in that team=his talent is more important than his flaws.
So, for a Hungarian NT team, even a dumb Dembele is better than any other current domestic footballer.
So, I see where are you coming from.

Sadly, this is Barca.
And being a winger here is one of our key positions.
I weren't a coach of Barca, but after reading your comments, you surely weren't either.
And a totally different rules apply at a smaller clubs compared to Barca.

Let's see how his career will develop.
My bet:
1. He will always stay sloppy, inconsistent and meh at Barca, with a sporadic glimpses of an insane magic and talent
2. In a new club, he will be the same and he will never get nowhere near to his expected level.

Why?
= because of a mix of= IQ, natural laziness and a natural weaker motivation, being a submissive personality, missing some basics of football, being a weaker professional.
And what is not his fault=injured all the time.

I am quite sure how will his career will develop.
But what is more painful, the same users who have a blind faith in Dembele, won't learn anything and will do the same mistake for every young player (with a huge talent and with a set of different deadly flaws) whom we will buy after him.

Last edited:

Tackle

BBZ now going at people who actually played football professionally and even played in WC.

LMAO.

Bollocks.

Valverde has coached in the first division of Spanish football for over a decade now. If we're going to be using appeal to authority arguments then you have even less of a right to criticize or question him.

Kul_z

More like his 5 games or so of good form in December and January induced collective amnesia of all the sub-par and borderline insulting performances he had in September, October, and November for you guys.

He was fit here too:

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13639-11-Ousmane-Dembélé-old-thread/page828

It's simply amazing to me how easily this forum and other fan-spaces have completely forgotten about a huge chunk of Dembele's season. He had like two good games last season and less than 10 this season, yet you guys constantly wave that away as if it isn't part of his game while his good performances are. It's easy to see that Dembele can be magical, he has been, but that form comes way too infrequently for me to use it as a reason for him to start. A player who plays at best at a mediocre level for 3 months and a few weeks of good form is NOT starter quality for Barcelona. It's insane how the standards of this club has fallen.

When evaluating players we should consider his lows, highs, and every thing in between. For dembele his low and highs are way too far apart, the former happens much more frequently than the latter.

He was good for 3 months, he was applauded by the fans, his self esteem was rock solid and he built on that so he played almost every game better then the previous one, until that injury happened. the only player with messi who was able to create something. Ev fucked him with that lyon game, and then he was at the beginning again. He drowned after that miss against liverpool, suarez not helping either with his yelling. If he stays injury free this season, he could become one of our key players

BBZ8800

BBZ now going at people who actually played football professionally and even played in WC.

LMAO.

Wait, I don't agree with a former footballer and a guy who claims to be a coach.
And I am an idiot for that.

Yet, you and 90% of people here are shitting on Valverde for Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Puig, subs, style of play, transfers even though he won 2 La Ligas and he won league titles in Greece (and a former BARCA's player=highest level of a club football)?
Lol, a hypocrisy?

Shitting and doubting opinions and decision of a 20M per year coach is ok.
Doubting an opinion of a user who may or may not be a random football coach is bad.

Barcaforum never disappoints. :sherlock:

Well, if Potroh says that Dembele has TALENT, who am I to say that he will fail due to 100s of other deadly flaws? :lol:

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wait, I don't agree with a former footballer and a guy who claims to be a coach.
And I am an idiot for that.

Yet, you and 90% of people here are shitting on Valverde for Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Puig, subs, style of play, transfers even though he won 2 La Ligas and he won league titles in Greece.
Lol, a hypocrisy?

Shitting and doubting opinions and decision of a 20M per year coach is ok.
Doubting an opinion of a user who may or may not be a random football coach is bad.

Barcaforum never disappoints. :sherlock:

Come on, you answer to all of us, your critics, citing a single response. Talk about overgeneralization. The hypocricy.

Home of Barca Fans