Ousmane Dembélé

JohnN

Dembele isn't shit but he can't avoid getting harsh criticism due to the price tag and the return he has brought us. I can't see him being more than he currently is, but I could be wrong.

KingLeo10

LOL.
How many times have you seen Mane playing?
Better at dribbling/running with the ball than Dembele?
Sure, and the earth is flat as well...

I've seen him play enough in the high profile PL games and of course the CL. Greatly enjoyed how he destroyed Bayern at the Allianz and he gave us hell that same season.

He is indeed a different profile compared to Dembele but from my viewing, he looks and seems better at carrying the ball forward in those high leverage games compared to this season's Dembele. The Dortmund version was pretty impressive at this aspect, though.

Now, in comparison to those you name in the same profile as Dembele - Neymar, Sane, Robben etc. - I think everyone would agree Dembele's offensive output is lacklustre compared to this group, which was the initial argument you prompted with that irrelevant xG statistic.

You could do with losing the arrogance, though. After being shown gaping holes in your "one metric fits all" philosophy.

Birdy

Mane has great strengths obviously, and whether in general you would rather have Mane than Dembele is a different discussion.

I said Dembele is better at dribbling/carrying the ball than Mane. I mean both these actions together (dribbling + carrying the ball).
On dribbles completed (apart from the fact that in all comps Dembele has higher percentage):
Mane for example is very agile and can change direction or turn quickly, and with that change/turn bring himself momentarily in-front of his defender. That counts as a dribble completed in the relevant stats.
Compare that with a Dembele dribble when he fakes a move and accelerates the next moment to leave the defender several steps behind. Counts as a dribble as well, but is totally different: Dembele leaves his man behind for good, contrary to Mane who gains an edge to pass shoot, but the next moment the defender catches him.

He is the same type of player as Hazard, Neymar, and Robben, Ribery some years ago. Type does not imply he is of the same quality, at least yet.

Kul_z

I've seen him play enough in the high profile PL games and of course the CL. Greatly enjoyed how he destroyed Bayern at the Allianz and he gave us hell that same season.

He is indeed a different profile compared to Dembele but from my viewing, he looks and seems better at carrying the ball forward in those high leverage games compared to this season's Dembele. The Dortmund version was pretty impressive at this aspect, though.

Now, in comparison to those you name in the same profile as Dembele - Neymar, Sane, Robben etc. - I think everyone would agree Dembele's offensive output is lacklustre compared to this group, which was the initial argument you prompted with that irrelevant xG statistic.

You could do with losing the arrogance, though. After being shown gaping holes in your "one metric fits all" philosophy.

No one is capable to perform in this toxic surrounding, mane? Dont make me laugh, he would end up worse buy then coutinho. Put dembele instead of mane in that liverpool team and you have a ballon d'or contender. Put neymar in that liverpool team and you have a goat contender.
Its a tragic fate, but neyboy is the only lw player that wouldnt be intimidated by messi's greatness. I hope that barto fucker is proved and sentenced guilty for working close with perez to ruin barca or whatsoever, because i refuse to believe that neysnake and dani alves were determined to make those transfers. It seemed like it had to be done, barca with two quality transfers in those years should have been a gestapo force among citizens in europe

Laplacian

My word, we're back to blaming the club's toxicity and Messi for Dembele's inability to play like a proper forward. Lmao this forum.

SmilerBam

Mane has great strengths obviously, and whether in general you would rather have Mane than Dembele is a different discussion.

I said Dembele is better at dribbling/carrying the ball than Mane. I mean both these actions together (dribbling + carrying the ball).
On dribbles completed (apart from the fact that in all comps Dembele has higher percentage):
Mane for example is very agile and can change direction or turn quickly, and with that change/turn bring himself momentarily in-front of his defender. That counts as a dribble completed in the relevant stats.
Compare that with a Dembele dribble when he fakes a move and accelerates the next moment to leave the defender several steps behind. Counts as a dribble as well, but is totally different: Dembele leaves his man behind for good, contrary to Mane who gains an edge to pass shoot, but the next moment the defender catches him.

He is the same type of player as Hazard, Neymar, and Robben, Ribery some years ago. Type does not imply he is of the same quality, at least yet.

He is not like Hazard or Ribery.Nor Neymar.What a laughable post.Dembe is in every way and form inferior to Mane.And the others you mentions too.He is not even 30% of Neymar for example.

Home of Barca Fans