Ousmane Dembélé

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sane is not world class, but that's besides the point. If you watch Sane you'll see that he's far less erratic with ball and much more intelligent off the ball than Dembele is. I don't think any player can comfortably increase his level of technique to Sane's level of natural ability in his 20s. I don't think I've ever seen that in football ever. Children? Yes. Adults? No. Look at the composed goals Sane was scoring when he was 21, and look at the shots Dembele's currently attempting at 23; they're Vinicius Jr type of shots. I don't see how you can reliably say they're in the same bracket. Maybe 4 years ago, sure. Not today.

Look I'm not a hater and I don't expect a Neymar, I will praise him when he has good games (which I have) and if I think he has bad games I will point them out.

Hasn't Sane been largely underwhelming for Bayern though? He has problems with his workrate and consistency ever since that season/injury at City. He is also already 25, two years older. IMO he's not any better than Dembele right now.

Horatio

You're welcome
Don?t wanna sound like a broken record, but well deserved rest will do him well. I?d still play him against Bilbao sunday, then after week rest.

Laplacian

Hasn't Sane been largely underwhelming for Bayern though? He has problems with his workrate and consistency ever since that season/injury at City. He is also already 25, two years older. IMO he's not any better than Dembele right now.

He's a year older.

I think he's been underwhelming for Bayern, yes. I also said he isn't world class. My post was mostly about his technical ability, which is several tiers above Dembele's. Sure there's more to being an elite player than technical ability, but Sane has almost everything Dembele has and more. He's a much more composed finisher (this has been the case since 17/18 in City), he's much better at set pieces, a better passer (especially at short passing), much better in off the ball movement, and far less erratic in ball control (his ability to carry and control during runs is only a tier below Neymar and Hazard imo) than Dembele's. I think it's just blatantly false to put them in the same bracket. I think the only thing Dembele has over Sane is that Dembele literally has no weak foot, whereas Sane is mostly one-footed.

Laplacian

If he is so good doubt that pep would sell him.

Also not starting evety game in bayern

They didn't want to sell him, he refused to sign an extension and wanted to leave lol. He was out for a year and needs time to regain elite fitness. Secondly, I never said he "was so good", I just don't think him and Dembele are in the same brackets of talent. Sane is obviously higher for me. If you disagree, that's fine. It's just my view.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
They didn't want to sell him, he refused to sign an extension and wanted to leave lol. He was out for a year and needs time to regain elite fitness. Secondly, I never said he "was so good", I just don't think him and Dembele are in the same brackets of talent. Sane is obviously higher for me. If you disagree, that's fine. It's just my view.

I think Dembele actually has more vision and creativity and sometimes more dynamism, the rest I agree with. He has a poor game and we have 5 pages of discussion on how he sucks and is a brainless idiot, telling really.

Andresito

Staff member
I think he might have issues with the tempo of his own game:
- When he has too much time he overthinks, examples of this are some of the missed sitters. There was one 2-3 games ago when he didn't know what foot to shoot with, also Liverpool.

- When he's running at full pace he lacks control over his next action because he's too fast. Example of this is when he bursts past his defender only to just whip a cross in without aiming, in 99/100 onto a defender.

Somewhere inbetween is where he needs to be. Not saying he shouldn't run at full pace, but he needs to be in better control of it.
Pep has talked about playing the game in your head beforehand, with Dembele everything is 0-100, black or white. Very unpredictable.

Replace the word 'sentence' with 'run'.
m9HGSjsF1gXfaz2t2rYuaZLuBE3v4k5KGwqnJ4wall8L0LO-6CFukhbctdThAEKLcLdPPrbNogNcLhofHQ1VMx3FL76VQ3hubZFrrgxdghaq9peHrQVRZiARqUwt3EIjLamN3LN-Dw

Kul_z

Sane is good, but dembouz when fit is a hell unleashed. Total havoc without secure outcome. Id pay to watch dembouz, for sane i wouldnt drop a single cent

JohnN

We have to watch dembele in a long period of sustained playing time to make an assessment.
Currently he is getting worse with each passing game which is the opposite of what should be happening.

behindbrowneyes

He's been played too much lately.

This. He was dealing with major injuries in his last 3 seasons here and never really got into game rhythm. Of course he can't be consistent. He has to go through this process because you only get match fitness by games, games, games. We could also see this with Messi. He has to run more since Koeman is coach and it was obvious that he was lacking freshness in the box. That's a big reason why his finishing was off during the first months. I don't buy it that was only due to the fact that he was frustrated.

After all it is a very tough schedule for players. Due to Corona even tougher. Even fit, athletic and experienced players like Alba lack consistency with so many games.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing with him is that he's so erratic... He has the raw talent, but his body is faster than his brain which makes him miss the basics...

When it works it's great football, but those moments are too far in between, so most of the time it feels like he is just wasted potential...

The good part is that Koeman seems like he has talked some sense into him, so let's see if he can keep improving...

Home of Barca Fans