Ousmane Dembélé

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think the club has wanted to renew him for a while, mostly for protection purposes (so he doesn't get sold for peanuts next summer with just one year left on his contract) and it has nothing to do with his recent performances.

Gnidrologist

His IQ seems to have surged about a magnitude. Wonder if this is Koemmanders achievement or something happened to his life, maybe coming of age?

Andresito

Staff member
His IQ seems to have surged about a magnitude. Wonder if this is Koemmanders achievement or something happened to his life, maybe coming of age?

Don't think that has improved tbh. It's rather his sloppiness that has been reduced. He's more and more starting to look like a good winger rather than a talent prone to basic mistakes.

But still, not much difference between him and Ansu in maturity on the pitch. Dembele doesnt look 5 years older. But hopefully he can keep improving.

JohnN

He isnt 5 years older playing time wise. He has been out for two years with injuries.
I can't see him as a consistent scorer, but he is a really fast dude, perfect for either wing of an attaching trio, if he starts being more careful with his touches.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He played well, stretched the defense and created some chances. Really should have shot more though, his shots are pretty powerful, especially considering other attackers' finishing today. Also didn't really try to dribble past the defenders for some reason.

FCMessi

completely his fault for being a legit threat on the wing instead of passing back like the other Barca players on the wing.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Just take the L, mates. He didn't do shit significantly.

He didn't individually but his introduction allowed us to create more chances. Just for this reason he should be playing as he is our only good winger. Ansu is injured and Trincao not good enough.

Laplacian

He didn't individually but his introduction allowed us to create more chances. Just for this reason he should be playing as he is our only good winger. Ansu is injured and Trincao not good enough.

Right, because of his pace. But that's hardly enough to warrant "he's been great" posts I've been seeing in the match thread. I swear Dest has better take on ability and technique than Dembele and he's an RB. If he's our future we're truly doomed and mediocrity is our new level now.

Horatio

You're welcome
He played well. They barely passed to him and couldnt utilize his speed in a game like this. His passing was on point.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He was good and most of the others players were shit , making him even look better. Yet here you are jumping to "truly doomed" and mediocrity.

Him being inconsistent will likely never change , but unfortunately he is the only winger with pace that we have that can make something happen. Which also means he should be the last forward that needs to be sold.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans