Ousmane Dembélé

Nazario1985

Dembele needs space. He would be killing it at Madrid or at Liverpool. Our slow plotting style vs parked buses make him look clueless.

But what after the runs ?? can't score reliably can't pass accurately so yeah it's not a running contest

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Am I the only one who likes Dembele from our unholy triumvirate (Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann) the best? Not that hes awesome.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Am I the only one who likes Dembele from our unholy triumvirate (Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann) the best? Not that hes awesome.

Well he's the only one that's actually fast out of them. Which makes him a bit more exciting in this fucking broken system we play in.

Lapi

Well he's the only one that's actually fast out of them. Which makes him a bit more exciting in this fucking broken system we play in.

Hear hear.
In such a slow and static system, his speed actually remains unused.

What a horrible system is where having 77% possession but two set-piece goals are scored only.
It clearly shows that most of the Barca possession is just alibi, good for nothing, just as the pace of Dembele in this system.

Laplacian

Nope, I feel like he has the best chances to succeed because of his speed and talent for unexpected plays. He just needs to learn to bring out those flashes of brilliance more often and show consistency.

Also, he properly fits in a balanced front 3 if our club aimed for that.

Tackle

Hear hear.
In such a slow and static system, his speed actually remains unused.

What a horrible system is where having 77% possession but two set-piece goals are scored only.
It clearly shows that most of the Barca possession is just alibi, good for nothing, just as the pace of Dembele in this system.

Pipe down with the arrogance. It's embarrassing.

Dembele's speed is useless because of two reasons:

1. No other pacey players in attack. You cannot form a counter-attacking side with simply one rapid player. The rest of our forwards have the pace of your average elderly lad.

2. Constantly making the wrong decision after beating his man. Bloody infuriating how he trips over his own feet or misplaces a 5 foot pass after getting past his man.

Yet we have utterly deluded blokes such as yourself that believe some new manager and simply a change of system is capable of getting this collection of players to play good counter-attacking football.

:lol:

De Jong and Dembele on the odd night he isn't stinking up the pitch are the only two players capable of playing proper counters. Alba and Semedo would do well if involved as well.

Arthur, Messi, Suarez, Vidal, Busi, Raki, Griezmann, Coutinho etc. aren't up for it for one reason or another.

Look at Liverpool currently or Madrid 2012. Two of the best counter-attacking teams in recent history. Both had quick, mobile forwards accompanied by a complete midfield with an extremely high workrate. Our personnel does not compare. Closest we came was in 2015 with prime MSN + peak workhorse Rakitic plugging the gaps.

Valverde deserves his fair share of the blame, but scapegoating him for entirety of this team's issues is bollocks.

Lapi

Pipe down with the arrogance. It's embarrassing.

Arrogance?
I think the real arrogance is something like your 627 unapproachable and asinine posts in half a year, whereas my solid 173 in three years show the actual difference.
You talk too much and say very little.

Otherwise there is no common ground to discuss football with you, until you believe that speed is ONLY GOOD for counter-attacking football.
You hate Dembele and it is a highly subjective emotion, thus your sentences mirror those emotions, without using either your eyes or brain.

Kul_z

Well, if he had permission to shoot everytime he gets upfront it would be whole another story. He's good, everybody can see that. If someone like guardiola and klopp or every other manager with clear instructions would work on his decision making(when to pass, when to shoot) he would be sterling on steroids

Tackle

Arrogance?
I think the real arrogance is something like your 627 unapproachable and asinine posts in half a year, whereas my solid 173 in three years show the actual difference.
You talk too much and say very little.

Otherwise there is no common ground to discuss football with you, until you believe that speed is ONLY GOOD for counter-attacking football.
You hate Dembele and it is a highly subjective emotion, thus your sentences mirror those emotions, without using either your eyes or brain.

What else is Dembele's pace good for?

Getting in behind, making runs?

:lol:

That falls under point my second point of Dembele constantly making the wrong decisions. Griezmann is poor, Coutinho was poor, Dembele is both borderline retarded (football-wise) and mostly poor.

He is a player that only starts running when he sees space in front of him. This has been a pattern across his whole career, not only here at Barca under Valverde. He has consistently failed use his pace off the ball apart from obvious counter-attacking situations with the France NT, with Dortmund and with Rennes.

If only that evil boogeyman Valverde was telling him not to stand idly in buildup! Also imagine what Dembele could do if Valverde told him not to trip over his feet and misplace the simplest of passes? If only he had a better coach that would tell him to stop being a glorified, low IQ sprinter, then he would truly be Ballon D'or bound!

Calidad

He’s a talented player who requires COACHING. Something which he isn’t getting at Barca. Likewise pretty much every other youngster at the club (Alena, Puig, Todibo). Valverde is doing absolutely nothing for De Jong or Arthur too.

LMTR14

tries to make a move towards the goal sometimes at least, and that is more than what most of the players in this team do. but with his abysmal passing and decision-making he has no place here. he should go to paris

Home of Barca Fans