Ousmane Dembélé

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Aye.

140m down the drain, zero return on investment and problems with professionalism.

But excuse me for not being optimistic. Guess I am just too entitled. I should just be grateful for when the player comes to training on time during the weeks he is not injured. I am so sorry.

Mercilessly taking the piss out of Rakitic, a player we bought from Sevilla for 20m who went on to be a very good to serviceable player for the club for a half decade is totally the same thing! He has declined with age and is on his way out soon, but he still deserves to be treated like dirt!

Also claiming to be supporter of a club while actively cheering for losses to get rid of the manager also clearly pales in comparison to the atrocities I am committing.

I apologize for my toxicity. I would like nothing more than to see Dembele somehow turn his career around here and become a world class player, but surely that is too negative. Maybe I should openly start stating a new desire for him to further fail miserably despite it being terrible for the club because wishing for failure is just what real fans do!

Rakitic was a disaster in 4 of our CL exits. Dembele played a combined ~20 minutes in those games.

Tackle

Rakitic was a disaster in 4 of our CL exits. Dembele played a combined ~20 minutes in those games.

He was terrible those matches, but so was the entire team and football is a team sport.

Messi was awful against Atletico in 2016, awful against Juventus in 2017, awful in the Roma disaster of 2018 and rather average in the most recent Anfield meltdown.

Do those matches discredit his career here?

Messi is not Rakitic obviously, but I would like to see some semblance of consistency shown when slandering players for individual matches, especially ones where it was a collective failure.

LMTR14

While I agree with all you wrote while I do not share your view on that "the average language" spoken on master level, is less complex than mastering English.

I know from Slavic-, German-, French/Spanish/Italian-languages and of course hungarian, finnish, isladish that they all have more cases, declinations, more articles, different gender that impacts attributes and articles and THUS are WAY more difficult to speak.

Why they should become (realitively) easier later on, compared to English, I do not know - and I heavily doubt this. My logic is: if I have more rules on the base level, there are more potential exceptions later on.

Many people: 1- do not speak correct mothertongue (me included) and 2- are not aware of the exceptions/difficulties of their own language that they are using, because it became second nature, when they turned 3 or 4 years.

Dont you think,so?

BTW I love the fact that I discuss with people my /your ideas altghouth we are x00 miles apart AND we speak other languages (most of the day)

30 years ago, it was different, remember holidays with your parents in other countries ..... EN was by far not that wide spread among the average ppl (maybe tourism and scientific community). Today in Europe in cities I expect 30% have a good english skill, also in former east block countries, and 50% at least passivly. It is possibile for expats, not to learn German and live for 10 years in Vienna, if you know ~10 sentences (yes, no, thanks/how much/and some swear words). ;-)

don't have time to think about all that right now, but actually, we live in the same city ;-)

LMTR14

Conversation? My kid knows lots of english words from cartoons. We don't synchronise lots of cartoons from english to croatian.
I see, that makes sense. I'm against synchronisation for many reasons and outright refuse to watch any kind of dub (but of course with books you have to make due with translations...)

clemente

He was terrible those matches, but so was the entire team and football is a team sport.

Messi was awful against Atletico in 2016, awful against Juventus in 2017, awful in the Roma disaster of 2018 and rather average in the most recent Anfield meltdown.

Do those matches discredit his career here?

Messi is not Rakitic obviously, but I would like to see some semblance of consistency shown when slandering players for individual matches, especially ones where it was a collective failure.

Barely remember the Atletico and Juve, but saying he was average in Anfield is stupid, what would you be saying if these melts finished his chances created? He would have had 3 assists and you would you be saying that this was his best game ever.

Messigician

Barely remember the Atletico and Juve, but saying he was average in Anfield is stupid, what would you be saying if these melts finished his chances created? He would have had 3 assists and you would you be saying that this was his best game ever.

It's nonsense to assume that every player should finish chances perfectly.

Even iniesta in the Juve game fluffed a golden chance to get us ahead yet no one remembers that.

BBZ8800

Regarding the last few posts, I was checking some stats a few years ago and goals in football on average were scored iirc something like once in 7 shots, across all big leagues.

So, on larger samples "your teammates will almost never finish majority of your chances".
No matter who you are.

Alik

So that applies to Dembele being blamed for missing a chance in a 3-0 match and taking the blame for us being knocked out.

FinBarcelonafan

So that applies to Dembele being blamed for missing a chance in a 3-0 match and taking the blame for us being knocked out.

We should blame Valvderde and the whole team for the second game. It was Liverpool without two of their top players. How the feck you lose 4-0??

Lapi

I am sure everyone remembers that...

Almost nobody remembers that here.
Mostly because they don't want to remember stuff like that.

The players say: "pass it to Messi".
Valverde says: "it is as it is".
Forum users say: "blame Demebele".
As simple as that.

clemente

Almost nobody remembers that here.
Mostly because they don't want to remember stuff like that.

The players say: "pass it to Messi".
Valverde says: "it is as it is".
Forum users say: "blame Demebele".
As simple as that.

Of course people remember, it's too easy to remember because in 180 minutes literally nothing happened except that Iniesta chance, Pjanic mauling Messi's teeth, Mathieu masterclass when Digne is available, and Roberto getting butchered by Chiellini on every corner.
Also I give Iniesta a pass on that chance because sometimes you can put it on target and can get outdone by a great save, but Alba, Suarez, Dembele are just shameless, I have no words for their missed chances.

Last edited:

Tekkers

made a great run as soon as he came in the game, only to be completely ignored by messi. that's why he barely makes runs behind the defense anymore

Home of Barca Fans