Barca Transfers and Rumors

Zidane82

Firmino is the guy we need ... part ex Suarez for him and our future is rosy for a few years ..
https://youtu.be/-5v13LWLcOk

hulinat

Fati - Malen - Messi

Arthur - Busi- Frenkie

Grimaldo-Tits-Pique-Dumfries

------------Steven--------------

jizz

subs: adama

Messi983

Thats in reality a 442 with a very weak midfield (cause of numbers).

That's why I was asking. We don't have players for 4231 right now. We could have them next year but I still doubt it's the right system for us.

Like how we played against Inter and Sevilla when Arturo came on.

FDj-Arthur
Messi-Fabian Ruiz/VdB/Eriksen/Havertz-goalscoring LW
Griezmann

Messi in a kind of free role but as a start must be to the right. Its very important that the AM has huge stamina and intensity.

This is the lineup that suits Arthur and Frenkie the most, both play that role at the national team and has been playing that role for their former clubs, both quite unknown to the 433. Its the only way I can see how we will solve the problem with Arthur/Frenkie both play the Xavi role.

So my summer is a CB, AM and LW.

I get what you're saying but I just don't see us playing with a true AMC as long as we have Messi. If that's our plan then we can just give another chance to Coutinho playing him where he's most comfortable. He's already ours and I don't believe we'll get anything close to 100M (hope to be wrong though) so maybe it's better to use him than spend another 100M on someone who might then not play at his best position again.

Also, don't know who that goalscoring LW could be if we don't count Neymar who would be just too expensive and we probably couldn't also get a midfielder and a CB (which both should be priorities over LW imo) if we bring him back. Fati is still very young and shouldn't be a starter next season imo and we don't know if he'll really score enough and Dembele can't be counted on seriously because of his injuries (he's also better on the right imo).

We also need to make our minds about Griezmann's position next season before we make any further big money signings.

1. Do we play him as a lone 9? I know Suarez is getting a lot of criticism (some deserved, some not) but he still guarantee us 30+ goals per season. Can Griezmann score as much if he would be our main striker? With Messi around it's possible but so far he's always been better having another forward ahead of him (Costa, Giroud). We should absolutely try him in this role with a healthy Messi and Dembele/Fati around him in some games this season to see how he'll do but we probably wont' get a definitive answer in just a few games because Suarez will still start most of the games as long as he's healthy.

2. Or keep Griezmann as a false LW with a lot of offensive freedom to move around (not as much as Messi of course) but also defensive responsibilities (he likes to play defense so this shouldn't be a problem). But then we would need a reliable "9" to replace Suarez's goals and there just aren't many proven realistically available strikers on the market.

Firmino is the guy we need ... part ex Suarez for him and our future is rosy for a few years ..
https://youtu.be/-5v13LWLcOk

Can you please stop with Firmino? We'll never sign him.

1. He's too expensive. Liverpool would demand 200M at least and we would need to pay additional 100M because of the clause agreed in the Coutinho deal.
2. He'll be 29 next year so he's hardly a longterm solution. Klopp's system also makes him look a lot better than he is imo.
3. Why would Liverpool want Suarez?

Riordon

That's why I was asking. We don't have players for 4231 right now. We could have them next year but I still doubt it's the right system for us.

I get what you're saying but I just don't see us playing with a true AMC as long as we have Messi. If that's our plan then we can just give another chance to Coutinho playing him where he's most comfortable. He's already ours and I don't believe we'll get anything close to 100M (hope to be wrong though) so maybe it's better to use him than spend another 100M on someone who might then not play at his best position again.

Also, don't know who that goalscoring LW could be if we don't count Neymar who would be just too expensive and we probably couldn't also get a midfielder and a CB (which both should be priorities over LW imo) if we bring him back. Fati is still very young and shouldn't be a starter next season imo and we don't know if he'll really score enough and Dembele can't be counted on seriously because of his injuries (he's also better on the right imo).

We also need to make our minds about Griezmann's position next season before we make any further big money signings.

1. Do we play him as a lone 9? I know Suarez is getting a lot of criticism (some deserved, some not) but he still guarantee us 30+ goals per season. Can Griezmann score as much if he would be our main striker? With Messi around it's possible but so far he's always been better having another forward ahead of him (Costa, Giroud). We should absolutely try him in this role with a healthy Messi and Dembele/Fati around him in some games this season to see how he'll do but we probably wont' get a definitive answer in just a few games because Suarez will still start most of the games as long as he's healthy.

2. Or keep Griezmann as a false LW with a lot of offensive freedom to move around (not as much as Messi of course) but also defensive responsibilities (he likes to play defense so this shouldn't be a problem). But then we would need a reliable "9" to replace Suarez's goals and there just aren't many proven realistically available

I have thought about Coutinho too but unlike guys like F.Ruiz and Eriksen he lacks workrate. He lacks intensity and has clear defensive deficiencies. So it’s a no go for me IMO. With everything considering I think we would be best off with Eriksen for cheap. Then we will have two very athletic guys in the midfield.

The goalscoring LW is hard. They all play for the big clubs. And to be fair guys like Mane and Sterling were not world class when they were brought. It’s about finding someone who has the potential to play the role and later can develop into the role. For me it’s Richarlison. 13 goals last season which is around the same numbers as Mane and Sterling two years ago. Then there other quite inexperienced players who I consider very talented players. Marcus Thuram and Djenepo from Southampton will be great wingers soon.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Let's just take a minute and appreciate splashing 400m euros on Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann. Not one of them has yet to make a contribution of note to our team.
It's truly staggering level of incompetence.

While our midfield has fielded Gomes, Denis, Vidal, Rakitic, Sergio, Roberto... Not one of them could be considered top 20 in the world last 2 years.

Judoman

Let's just take a minute and appreciate splashing 400m euros on Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann. Not one of them has yet to make a contribution of note to our team.
It's truly staggering level of incompetence.

While our midfield has fielded Gomes, Denis, Vidal, Rakitic, Sergio, Roberto... Not one of them could be considered top 20 in the world last 2 years.

Would you say no to any of those 3 before we got them? Which midfield player,who d be a sure thing, did we miss in the past 2 years?

It s easy to be a general after the battle is over.

Zidane82

2. Or keep Griezmann as a false LW with a lot of offensive freedom to move around (not as much as Messi of course) but also defensive responsibilities (he likes to play defense so this shouldn't be a problem). But then we would need a reliable "9" to replace Suarez's goals and there just aren't many proven realistically available strikers on the market.

Can you please stop with Firmino? We'll never sign him.

1. He's too expensive. Liverpool would demand 200M at least and we would need to pay additional 100M because of the clause agreed in the Coutinho deal.
2. He'll be 29 next year so he's hardly a longterm solution. Klopp's system also makes him look a lot better than he is imo.
3. Why would Liverpool want Suarez?

Who on earth are you to be telling us what we say or who we talk about

khaled_a_d

Would you say no to any of those 3 before we got them? Which midfield player,who d be a sure thing, did we miss in the past 2 years?

It s easy to be a general after the battle is over.

I along many others,never wanted either Coutinho or Griezmann, the writing was on the wall that they don't fit in here.
I liked Dembele but not for that price. His style was also a concern for me.
F.Ruiz was an easy choice for midfield. For 15 or 30 he was a bargain, that said I won't complain about midfield since we got 2 young quality starters for good prices.

Riordon

This Leicester team is really great. They have several players who could play for elite clubs. One who we should follow is Ricardo Pereira, arguably the best RB in the Prem this season. Also great last season.

Ndidi is the kind of DM i want to try in our team, a player in the mold of Kante and Gueye.

Maddison, Youri Tielemans, Soyuncu....all great players.

Zidane82

This Leicester team is really great. They have several players who could play for elite clubs. One who we should follow is Ricardo Pereira, arguably the best RB in the Prem this season. Also great last season.

Ndidi is the kind of DM i want to try in our team, a player in the mold of Kante and Gueye.

Maddison, Youri Tielemans, Soyuncu....all great players.
You just beat me to it ..
Leicester are playing like we used to :)

Ndidi to back up FDJ and Arthur

Then Çağlar Söyüncü who’s easily been the best central defender I’ve seen anywhere so far this season. He’s already THE fan favourite and he’s more than replaced the £80 million Maguire .

Highlights of their 9:0 AWAY win the other night

https://youtu.be/bX_uDOMT8UM
On current form they would absolutely slaughter us

Last edited:

Riordon

You just beat me to it ..
Leicester are playing like we used to :)

Ndidi to back up FDJ and Arthur

Then Çağlar Söyüncü who’s easily been the best central defender I’ve seen anywhere so far this season. He’s already THE fan favourite and he’s more than replaced the £80 million Maguire .

Highlights of their 9:0 AWAY win the other night

https://youtu.be/bX_uDOMT8UM
On current form they would absolutely slaughter us

I wanted to talk about Çağlar Söyüncü on here for some weeks now but wanted to see if he can keep this level up for at least a season. He is very good. Up there with the best CB's in England.

His radar is also very impressive:

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1179786887738712064

Messi983

I have thought about Coutinho too but unlike guys like F.Ruiz and Eriksen he lacks workrate. He lacks intensity and has clear defensive deficiencies. So it’s a no go for me IMO. With everything considering I think we would be best off with Eriksen for cheap. Then we will have two very athletic guys in the midfield.

The goalscoring LW is hard. They all play for the big clubs. And to be fair guys like Mane and Sterling were not world class when they were brought. It’s about finding someone who has the potential to play the role and later can develop into the role. For me it’s Richarlison. 13 goals last season which is around the same numbers as Mane and Sterling two years ago. Then there other quite inexperienced players who I consider very talented players. Marcus Thuram and Djenepo from Southampton will be great wingers soon.

Yeah, agreed about Coutinho. Don't think we'll seriously go after Eriksen. He is/was apparently Barça fan so he could choose us over other offers he'll get if we move quickly but don't expect this to happen.

I wouldn't mind Richarlison. He's versatile and could work well with Griezmann and Messi exchanging positions upfront. Also a hard working player.

Also, talking about CBs, here is another name to follow. Don't know much about him but he looks like a good talented player.

[tw]1188255633633615872[/tw]

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bruno-fuchs/leistungsdaten/spieler/563692

[youtube]u3Ak5lyFaNs[/youtube]

Riordon

Yeah, agreed about Coutinho. Don't think we'll seriously go after Eriksen. He is/was apparently Barça fan so he could choose us over other offers he'll get if we move quickly but don't expect this to happen.

I wouldn't mind Richarlison. He's versatile and could work well with Griezmann and Messi exchanging positions upfront. Also a hard working player.

Also, talking about CBs, here is another name to follow. Don't know much about him but he looks like a good talented player.

Regarding Eriksen he has looked very poor lately, one can hope it’s due to the contract situation. Maybe we would be better of paying whatever Napoli want for Ruiz.

Discussed Bruno Fuchs yesterday. He for sure looks interesting and highly rated. He is very impressive playing out from the back. I must admit I don’t like the idea of paying 80m for Konate so hope we are looking at alternatives. Pau Torres also.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans