Barca Transfers and Rumors

FC433

We should really consider getting a CM. Busquets, FDJ, MP, Puig, and Alena are not enough. Would not hurt to reinforce the team since we are allowed to use 5 subs.

Messi983

We should really consider getting a CM. Busquets, FDJ, MP, Puig, and Alena are not enough. Would not hurt to reinforce the team since we are allowed to use 5 subs.

I think 5 players are more than enough for 2 positions if we'll stay with a current formation. We also have Ilaix in Barca B who could play in Copa or maybe some easier league games and Roberto can also be used there. I think if Dest comes Koeman will trust him more than people believe and he could become a starter in a few months so this would allow us to play Roberto in midfield more. But I think he would play in the FDJ role (giving him rest) more than in the Pjanić/Busi one so it might eventually cost Puig more minutes which some people won't like.

The way I think Koeman wants this team to play is by having one more static midfielder to keep his position in midfield (Pjanic/Busi) while the other of the two is more mobile (FDJ/Puig, could also be Roberto). Now if we'd need to score then we could turn to FDJ+Puig combination in second half but I don't see those two starting together often if at all. Alena is just a 5th/maybe even 6th midfielder who will play Copa and get "garbage time minutes" here and there unless we'll have injuries/suspensions problems. Or if he'll use his given minutes extremely well (I doubt) and push Koeman to play him more.

Now if we could get a midfielder who would really improve the team for a good price and (more importantly imo) bring something different we currently don't have in midfield I would be all for getting him.

Wijnaldum was linked to us but I see him more as an AMC where we already have Messi/Griezmann and Coutinho/Pedri (and if Depay comes he can play there as well). I don't see him fitting in the MP/Busi role or as a sub for FDJ. But if Koeman has different plans and we could get him for around 15m (and not longer than a 3-year contract with possible club optional extension for another season) then I wouldn't mind him.

FC433

^
excellent post. I understand that 5 may seem enough now, but one injury will hurt us a lot, particularly if it happens to either MP/ FDJ. We may need to switch to 433 as well. I do not really know, I was thinking of playing Todibo at CDM, but he will not stay, unfortunately.

Party? Soumare? Mikel Merino? Gueye? (PSG are struggling financially, and desperately need 60m: https://www.transfermarkt.us/draxle...ale-psg-need-euro-60-million/view/news/371273)

I like Witsel, but I cannot see him coming, unfortunately. We would have to invest at least 30m, which means that we may not be able to sign a forward. Tough!

Porque

MD reporting we still need to lower the wage bill before signing.

So that's Rafinha, Todibo, Umtiti who still need to go.

They mentioned Junior but he is on one of the lowest wages in the club and I don't trust going with Miranda- again.

Hopefully Umtiti get's rolled into the Depay deal, Todibo completes a decent EPL sale and Rafinha too.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Umtiti is the bigger issue when it comes to wages.

Guys like Todibo are on peanuts and I'm not certain about Rafinha either. But if we want to make a good dent we need to get rid of Umtiti the most but sadly I can't see that happening.

Messi983

City apparently offered us Zinchenko so he could be an option if we sell Firpo. Better stay with Firpo for another season then.

xXKonan

Yeah I would stay away from Zinchenko.

He started off well in the LB spot when Mendy was out but since then it's all been down hill. He's bascially 3rd choice at City now.

FC433

9 days till transfer deadline is over.
Do you expect any surprised from us during that time?
One more, maybe two. CF and CB.

Yeah I would stay away from Zinchenko.

He started off well in the LB spot when Mendy was out but since then it's all been down hill. He's bascially 3rd choice at City now.
+1 Firpo is good enough.

We have a very good chance of winning the CL this season. I hope we do not sell any more players and keep as many as possible. I think we need two more players, a CM and a CF.

CFC? Still not good enough. PSG? Weaker than last season. Bayern? Very thin squad, and Sane is out for 3-4 weeks already. City? Poor attack and fragile defence. Madrid? Already given up this season. LFC? Will be tough. The only one that we may struggle against. Juve? Would not worry too much.

Partey is the deal player, but 50m is a bit too much!

Home of Barca Fans