Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

wtf, I don't think we're replacing a 33 yo player with another 33 yo player who didn't play for a year and wants 10m ... even Barto isn't that dumb.

He was never linked to us. He wanted that contract from Benfica who were the closest to sign him (but that was already about a month ago) and probably from other clubs as well. There is a reason why he's still a free agent. He's still a good player who a lot of teams would want to have but not for that crazy wages. I think sooner or later he'll need to lower his demands if he'll want to play for a good European club but maybe he's also waiting to see where other players (like Suarez, Dzeko and Milik) will move as he maybe wants to return to Napoli once they sell Milik. Don't see them giving him big wages though as they've already spend big money on Osimhen to be their striker.

Barcilliant

We are well on the way to becoming a Europa league club and perhaps it's better that way short term.
This annual tradition of being humiliated in cl is becoming too much.
All of Europe's big teams have made decent transfers but here we are with nothing.
This rebuilding phase will take three to four years minimum.

ebc_99

We are well on the way to becoming a Europa league club and perhaps it's better that way short term.
This annual tradition of being humiliated in cl is becoming too much.
All of Europe's big teams have made decent transfers but here we are with nothing.
This rebuilding phase will take three to four years minimum.

So what? That's how football works, it's always been up and down, right now Barca are down but I have no doubt the club will be back at the top in a couple of years. Just be happy that Barca's down years are finishing 2nd in La Liga and Champions league QF rather than mid table like Liverpool or Arsenal or the Milan clubs.

Let me dream a little:
We go for Suyoncu with Umtiti/Todibo+20mio
With Semedo money (40mio),we go for Wijnaldum and Dest.

We also get something from Martin and Rafinha.

Line up:
Ts
Dest-Suyoncu-Lenglet-Alba
--Wini-DeJong--Puig--
Trinc/Demb--Messi--Fati

Subs:roberto,pique,araujo,AG,pjanic,Busq,alena,trincao/dembele,firpo,neto

Andrew M

So what? That's how football works, it's always been up and down, right now Barca are down but I have no doubt the club will be back at the top in a couple of years. Just be happy that Barca's down years are finishing 2nd in La Liga and Champions league QF rather than mid table like Liverpool or Arsenal or the Milan clubs.

Good post

Sorin

Probably BS but according to The Athletic Norwich rejected our 22m offer for Max Aarons.

According to reports we would loan him this season with option to buy for next season. No obligation. If that's the case, no wonder Norwich declined.

Messi983

According to reports we would loan him this season with option to buy for next season. No obligation. If that's the case, no wonder Norwich declined.

I've read Aarons himself also declined our approach as he wants to stay in England. Probably hoping for one of EPL clubs coming after him.

And just my personal general opinion as I don't know much about Aarons and he could fit us perfectly for all I know but I just don't have a good feeling about British players adapting well to Barca/La Liga. Yeah, I know Lineker was good but that was 30 years ago.

Messi983

Alex Telles close to United for around 20m. I know he has only a year left on his contract but cheaper than expected. Could be worth a risk if we sell Firpo but probably too late anyway.

Home of Barca Fans