Barca Transfers and Rumors

xXKonan

He's not the tallest RB but he appears to have a lot of talent though.

He was a Chelsea Youth player who left Chelsea in January as he was behind the likes of Reece James etc. But while Reece himself is taller and more physical, Lamptey seems to be more technical than James is.

hardyboy

Is there a rule in La Liga that you can buy a player only if you sell a player who plays in his position? For example if you want to buy a defender then first you'll need to sell a defender. Does this rule exist in la liga?

JamDav1982

mc_lovin

I dont think Romano specifies that we need to sell players in the same position, thats the (weird) conclusion from the author. We need to sell players for salary restrictions, net balance.

For us it just makes sense to sell Suarez first and then get Depay. Same for the Semedo replacement. Nothing to do with the regulations.

Messi983

You never know what stupid thing Tebas could think about but don't think that rule really exists. I believe what Romano meant it's more a mix of two things.

1. we needed to clear some wages before signing new players and Suarez as one of the highest earners is an obvious choice. This was our main obstacle for not signing players (if we exclude Arthur-Pjanic swap).

2. it's quite logical we wouldn't sign Depay if Suarez would stay as we would already have 8 players (Messi, Griezmann, Fati, Trincao, Coutinho, Dembele, Braithwaite, Suarez) for four attacking positions in a new system.

I don't think there is an actual rule preventing clubs from having for example 14 forwards and 4 defenders in their squad. They are just restricted by La Liga salary limit (forwards are usually paid more than defenders) and by a number of players they can register for the first team. Other than that it's just a common sense how to build a squad.

Andresito

Staff member
Lol come on, how would you even define one's position officially? What about Roberto, Lucas Vazquez, Saul? Is the league going to forbid players registered as midfielders to play as fullbacks?

Why not just register Coutinho as a left back and when he plays we can just say he's an offensive LB who cuts inside :lol:

Messi983

Without Luis and hoping to close the transfer of Braithwaite to the Premier, Koeman is left without a center forward. It has neither the pure '9' nor the '9' that plays space. There are plenty, yes, false '9'. The objective, therefore, is to cover this gap in the best possible way. A scenario that rules out multi-million dollar signings like Lautaro Mart?nez or sidereal chips like Edinson Cavani.

Conclusion, with the belt tightened to the last hole, we work on two profiles: a young, mid-level center forward, who comes to help more than to decide and who is financially accessible. That is, as cheap as possible. Remember that Bar?a appreciated signing Darwin N?nez (21), Uruguayan from Almer?a. He did not do it because Benfica paid 30 million. Too much for that profile.

The other is the opposite. Veteran footballer, with experience and who practically arrives with the low pocket. To understand each other, one like Su?rez who is not exactly Su?rez and who, above all and above all, who does not charge like Luis.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...752/los-dos-perfiles-del-9-para-el-barca.html

Messi983

Yeah, if we'll bring a new forward it will most likely be Memphis. And I'm not against him mostly becasue Koeman knows him. As I've said before I prefer to spend money on players who coach wants so he will use them rather than wasting money on "future projects" like Malcom who were never wanted by a coach so are rarely used. I also believe even if Koeman leaves next year Memphis could still have a role in this team (at least as a rotational player) with Messi and/or Griezmann and/or Coutinho possibly leaving in a year or two. He's also 26 so not too old to be sold if he doesn't work out.

OTOH I wouldn't mind getting someone like Stuani (if we can get him for less than 5m and on a 1+1 year contract) instead of Depay. I know it's Segunda but from what I've seen last season he's still in a pretty good physical shape. And there is no doubt he can score. He wouldn't start most games but could be a good player to bring off the bench when we'd need a goal. I know he's a few months older than Suarez but he'd accept his backup role and be on a lot lower wages and a solid bridge-gap until we hopefully can find a longterm striker next year. And if he plays well he could even stay as a backup to that new striker for another season.

Porque

Yeah. Just give Koeman the forward he wants and knows how to use. No point rummaging the market for a plan B and ending with a Braithwaite esque option.

The price is the same amount that their willing to pump on Dest who is a huge Q.

Home of Barca Fans