Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcilliant

Even then we still need another midfielder + a decent CB and two fullbacks.
That’s just to catch up to Liverpool

I think we need 2 CBS, a box to box midfielder and a striker. That's just the start.

We also need to evolve tactically. Even Pep's City are quicker on the counter and score from set pieces. Pep has evolved too but this club is stuck in 2011.

raminho

463F8E32-C52E-4436-B431-88C9C622DCB6.jpg

Seems like something like this is in the works for next season and if we continue with Setien it could work. Wouldn’t mind a WC defender or Emerson but don’t think it’s happening yet. I see it difficult to even get the much rumoured Lautaro or Ruiz and Pedri and Ilaix Moriba are fine growing somewhere else.
It’s been a long time since my last post (Yeah I know no one missed those) partly for being busy, partly for this forum turning into one collection of buffoons.

Ps. Photo is pretty bad quality but you get the idea

MTL_Barca

The team needs at least 3-4 strong signings this summer. CB, CM, LW, CF. If it's too expensive then maybe only one attacker.

Honestly that shouldn't be impossible with some sales and the ressourcess Barca has available but who knows with these people, i could totally see them blow the whole budget on Neymar :lol:

Judoman

The team needs at least 3-4 strong signings this summer. CB, CM, LW, CF. If it's too expensive then maybe only one attacker.

Honestly that shouldn't be impossible with some sales and the ressourcess Barca has available but who knows with these people, i could totally see them blow the whole budget on Neymar :lol:

Probably most likely scenario..

Messi983

I wouldn't even do a direct swap Coutinho for Neymar without any money involved. And I don't want to see Coutinho here next season.

But yeah, will probably happen. The power of amigos is real.

FCBfan22

The thing is, why would NeyNey want to leave PSG, if Cou, one of his best friends would be arriving.

In the end we will just sell Coutinho for 70 million or so to PSG and I'm fine with that.

P.S. Why are we even thinking about summer... Get a forward ASAP. Get Isak or Moron, so we can even have the remote chance of winning Liga.

Last edited:

Messi983

Why not talk about the next season, this one is lost imo. We don't have money for Isak or Moron so the best we can do is Angel or Lucas Perez.

At least it's fun thinking about Upamecano and Isak (they are top targets for me) but I know we'll waste our time (but hopefully not money) again with Neymar.

Last edited:

gasgas

Imagine

.......................ter stegen
Semedo....Todibo.....Upamecano...Alba
Ziyech.....de jong...arthur...Sancho....
..............messi........isaac/lautaro/fati

:wub:

Reminds me of Monaco when they entered UCL semis

FCBfan22

Why not talk about the next season, this one is lost imo. We don't have money for Isak or Moron so the best we can do is Angel or Lucas Perez.

At least it's fun thinking about Upamecano and Isak (they are top targets for me) but I know we'll waste our time (but hopefully not money) again with Neymar.

IMO, we can still win Liga since it's level is absolutely abysmal at the moment, if we react fast and get a GOOD forward. Also, if we pay 70 million for Isak, since I think we won't be paying much less in the summer, knowing Barto's recent transfers. CL is as good as gone, tho.

Strike a deal for Coutinho with PSG in the summer for 80 million, get a financial loan and sign Isak. That would be the best thing we can do now.

Raketa10

IMO, we can still win Liga since it's level is absolutely abysmal at the moment, if we react fast and get a GOOD forward. Also, if we pay 70 million for Isak, since I think we won't be paying much less in the summer, knowing Barto's recent transfers. CL is as good as gone, tho.

Strike a deal for Coutinho with PSG in the summer for 80 million, get a financial loan and sign Isak. That would be the best thing we can do now.

There is no good forward on the market right now. When I see who are our targets I hope we won't sign anyone in February. None of the players mentioned is good enough for Barca and all of them will end up like Boateng. We'll burn 20 or 30 mil for a guy that no one will want to buy after that. Just look at this names: Lucas Perez, Loren Moron, Willan Jose, Angel! This is the level of Sevilla and not Barca! A fucking horror show!

Last edited:

Messi983

Here is what I would do...

Sell for whatever we can get: Coutinho, Dembele (if we can't sell then loan him to get rid off his wages), Vidal, Umtiti, Busi and Suarez (I know those last two will never happen but one can hope)

Buy:
1. Upamecano - around 60m
2. Isak - 50-60m should do it

As already mentoned these two are my priorities. And then further:

3. Camavinga - around 60m
4. Aouar - around 50m
5. Mertens/Willian - free transfer, contract shouldn't be longer than 2 years though
6. get back Todibo - don't think S04 will buy him; IF they will get Salisu from Valladolid as a 4th CB for 12m. Or regardless get him anyway, I really like his potential and getting another CB would also give us an option to play with 3 at the back which Setien likes. And I think Pique could retire in 2021 so we'll need another CB by then anyway.
7. Would also like to bring back Emerson though don't think it's possible so Semedo will stay a starter for another season (don't really like him but we have other more urgent needs). But we can get that Porto RB for 10m and give him a chance in preseason to see if he's ready for a backup role. If not give him a few months in Barça B to adapt and then promote him.

If we can't get rid off all amigos get Frenchies in so we'll have another "clique" to go against them. :p

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=v5fy9

1. I would still keep Pique as a starter as I think he would look a lot better alongside a faster CB like Upamecano. But Todibo should get enough minutes to show what he can do. Lenglet is good enough for a 3rd/4th CB role and I'd keep him over Umtiti because he's still more reliable/less injury prone.

2. Firpo starting over Alba won't happen but I think he'll do well if given prolonged playing time to adapt to the team and build a confidence. I'd play him a bit further up the pitch as a LWB since he's more used to this role. On the other hand Semedo would be more defensive (I know some people are high on him but I really don't believe he has enough attacking quality, he's solid defensively though) to give us more balance and also to cover for a slower Pique. Upamecano can cover for a more offensive minded Firpo/Alba on the other side.

3. Camavinga and FDJ could exchange their positions in the buildup but Frenchman is better defensively so I'd play him as a DM. Busi should be strictly a backup though with Setien he'll likely still start most games. That's why I'd sell him and keep Raki (if he'd accept a bench role which he won't anyway) or just give a chance to M.Fernandes.

4. I don't see Arthur as unquestionable starter so I'd rotate him at both CM positions.

5. Aouar is a bit of a forgotten man here lately but I still like him very much. He can bring goals and assists and also ability to play as a LW.

6. Forwards are all versatile so we'd have multiple options. Playing Messi behind Griezmann-Isak in a 4-3-1-2, they both can move to the left as well. I think Trincao can also play as a false 9. 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2/3-4-3 would also be possible with these players imo.

7. Willian or Mertens would bring some veteran cover for youngsters Fati, Trincao and Isak.

I don't know if this plan would work but I'm sure it would have better chances to succeed than what I'm affraid we'll do. Buy Neymar for some stupid money and hope he'll solve all our problems while going into another season with Pique and Lenglet as our best CBs and Suarez as the only true "9" (we'll probably extend his contract as well because that's what Messi&amigos want).

Home of Barca Fans