Barca Transfers and Rumors

JohnN

We desperately need a new 9. Suarez will not play for the rest of the season. The board and manager must surely see that. What are we doing? Any news?

Messi983

Highly unlikely we sign another rb now we have Yan the Man Couto.

I would like Emerson and Couto to be the RBs for next season.
Sell Roberto and Semedo for 70m.
Use 70m to buy Koulibaly.
Recall Todibo after he goats out at Schalke
Next years defense.

Emerson Koulibaly Todibo Alba.

Your plan is pretty unrealistic imo.

Betis's SD just said this week they won't let Emerson go before 2021. Couto will only come to Europe in summer when he turns 18 so he'll need to adapt first. He's still raw so I expect him to start in Barça B. He could train with the first team and maybe even play in Copa but he's not ready to be a first team backup. Also, we could have a problem with non-EU spots. Yes, Vidal will probably leave but we consider buying Lautaro so we would only have one free spot. Even if not spending two non-EU spots on RBs wouldn't really be smart anyway.

I could see us selling Semedo but Roberto will stay. He's not really worth much on the market imo for other clubs and while he shouldn't be a starter his versatility is still very useful. Just hopefully Setien will stop using him as a RCB with 3-at the back defense. I would rather see him playing as a striker. :lol:

Koulibaly I like but he'll be 29 in June so we should look for someone younger.

Todibo is unlikely to be here next season. If he'l really set the world on fire in 6 months at Schalke they might actually use their buy option so we won't get him back before 2021 (if we'll decide to use buy-back but he would need to really develop great for that to happen). If he won't then we'll probably loan him again or keep him as a 4th CB but he won't be a starter with his limited top level football experience.

Alba will still be a starter but hopefully Firpo will get more minutes to show if he can be our longterm solution. And I meant by using him as a LB and not LCB in a 3-5-2.

About this Arigoni kid, he's primarily a RB this year but he's versatile and has played multiple positions including LB and CB in the past. I think the club sees him more as a LB. It could still be a BS rumour (we know Sun's reputation) and we might not even be interested or maybe Chelsea/another club will sign him in the end but I think he would probably go Emerson route (he's a bit too old for Barça B) and be loaned for a season or two to see how he'll develop.

But if we are really targetting him Arigoni fits our strategy in recent years where we have multipled down on certain positions, especially at both full back spots where there is a clear lack of top quality options available on the market so we selected the other way and brought Wague, Emerson and now it seems Couto for a combined fee of around 20m.

For LB we had two young La Masia kids in Cucu and Miranda so we didn't really spend that much for "projects" but still tried to bring Palacios last summer for Barça B and then got Akieme who has showed some good things though his upside is not as high. And obviously we've bought Firpo to be a backup/competition and a possible long-term replacement for Alba. He hasn't convinced so far but I still believe in him especially now under his former coach as long as he'll be used in his primary position.

If none of these options will work out we can still pay 50-60m or whatever needed to get a starting level RB/LB (though there is no guarantee he would work out for us even paying that much) in a year or two but we have more urgent needs for this summer.

raki

Alejandro Marques to Juve - 8M + loan of Matheus Pereira - Oficial

Carles Perez - 13M mandatory purchase - not oficial yet

Making some cash with La Masia

wisconsincule

I don’t understand why we aren’t approaching Dortmund for Paco.

It’s Halands time. Im sure we could loan him for 6 months and sign our next striker this summer.

Andrew M

Fuck buying some shit striker in this window. For what? As if it will actually resuscitate this still born season

It will be just another bum we can't shift on the payroll again. Save the resources for the summer when we can actually spend to time to identify an excellent target that can succeed Suarez long term.

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="ca" dir="ltr"> NOTÍCIA CANUT: "M'asseguren que la setmana que ve hi haurà una BOMBA al Barça i podria ser en forma de fitxatge d'un davanter centre". <br><br> El Lluís tira d'intuïció i posa a sobre de la taula el nom de Lautaro Martínez. Escolta el moment! <br><br>▶ <a href="https://t.co/sMFhepzMfV">https://t.co/sMFhepzMfV</a> <a href="https://t.co/qKWLxSxxv4">pic.twitter.com/qKWLxSxxv4</a></p>— Tot gira (@totgira) <a href="https://twitter.com/totgira/status/1221143475258908672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Home of Barca Fans