Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

[tw]1217541937399582728[/tw]

Before [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] ask I have no idea who this kid is. :lol:

[youtube]4Q5bd0LVDxc[/youtube]

Giginho75

Any news about the new striker?
I read Stuani 🤪

Anyway is much difficult finding a top striker in January.

Griez can play there, Leo too (despite I prefer him on the right).
So Barca could take just an average back-up for the bench.

Messi983

Any news about the new striker?
I read Stuani 🤪

Anyway is much difficult finding a top striker in January.

Griez can play there, Leo too (despite I prefer him on the right).
So Barca could take just an average back-up for the bench.

I would take Stuani last year when his clause was 7M but now it's 20M. He's 80% of Girona's attack and they don't want to lose him. I still think they would have a hard time to reject if we'd offer 10-15M but it's too much for just a 6-month rental more or less assuming we'll buy a new forward like Lautaro in summer.

Any news about Karim Adeyemi? We were interested in him.
I think he is the one to get for attack tbh

Didn't hear anything since they've apparently rejected our 15M offer but I assume Salzburg will keep him now after they've sold Haaland and Minamino.

HT1214

He's now Real Madrid target too. They just follow every player we are interested and buy them with higher price. Basically all the players madrid buy are linked with us first, and then go to madrid at the end. And it really make them successful.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Barcelona and Real Madrid are both keen on Fluminense's 18-year old striker Marcos Paulo. (Source: AS)k

FC433

I am not happy with the recent news. In a couple of years, clubs will not be able to do more than about 6 transfers each season and that includes selling, buying and loaning. We need to be a little bit smarter.

I believe that both Bruno Guimarães and Matheus Henrique are better than Matheus Fernandes, while Gabriel Veron seems to be rated higher than Marcos Paulo. And we need to start looking for wingers.

gasgas

I am not happy with the recent news. In a couple of years, clubs will not be able to do more than about 6 transfers each season and that includes selling, buying and loaning. We need to be a little bit smarter.

I believe that both Bruno Guimarães and Matheus Henrique are better than Matheus Fernandes, while Gabriel Veron seems to be rated higher than Marcos Paulo. And we need to start looking for wingers.

You can always count on Ratomeu to waste them on boateng and douglas

Messi983

Well, you have to consider two things here.

1. price-tag
2. player's willingness to accept what we plan to do with him

Bruno Guimaraes was rumoured to go to AM though I've seen nothing about him in weeks and apparently Benfica is also interested. He would cost us at least double of what Matheus Fernandes will and we would need to give him minutes in the first team to develop. Is he complementary to FDJ and Arthur or should we look for another type of midfielder. Don't know Matheus Henrique but he's under contract with Gremio for 4 more years so he would probably be more expensive than what we're willing to pay for a "project" right now. Second thing is would Bruno G. or Matheus H. accept possibly going on loan for 6-18 months to adapt to European football or would they prefer to go to another club where they can get into starting lineup right away?

We should keep in mind we'll need not one or two but probably 3-4 new midfielders in next three years. FDJ is probably the only current midfielder we can guarantee will still be at the club in 2023 but even he can suffer a longterm injury/not develop his full potential/decide to leave for whatever reason. We'll probably spend big money on a midfielder like Fabian,... this summer. One spot could go to Riqui/Alena, we'll surely buy a few new midfielders in next years (with no guarantee they'll work out) but one spot in midfield rotation could easily also go to those "projects" like Matheus, Pedri,... depending on how they'll develop and what type of midfielder(s) we'll need at that time.

Can't really compare G.Veron and M.Paulo imo. First one has just signed a new 5 year contract and Palmeiras would probably ask for more than 50M while the second one's contract is expiring in 18 months and is rumoured to be available for around 15M. Yes, we need wingers (both for the first team and even more so for Barça B though a player like Veron is too expensive to be bought for the B team), especially a RW if we'll give up on Dembele finally staying healthy but Messi is still our RW for now on paper (we'll see how Setien will set up the team though). I wouldn't pay big money for a LW talent with Fati already here (and even less bring back Neymar). Instead I'd go for a versatile forward who can play multiple positons upfront or maybe bring a more experienced but not too expensive winger as an insurance policy and to get some pressure off Fati.

On the other hand looking at a player like M.Paulo makes sense too. We need young strikers as well maybe even more so than wingers. I don't know him well enough to say we should absolutely buy him and there probably are better talents available in a similar price-range but we should keep our options open.

What I like in our recent approach finding younger talents:

1. we're concentrating more on players with expiring contracts (Todibo last year, hopefully soon Couto will be confirmed, Mingo seems done deal as well) who are chaper. M. Paulo and M.Fernandes are in similar group with their contract expiring in 2021.

2. we moved quickly on a player like Pedri before he made his first team debut in Segunda and his price would go up and also have more clubs interested in him so maybe he wouldn't even get him. I know he's a Barça fan so this made things easier for us but Isco and Modrić were also Barça fans before signing for RM and many other players who were declared as Barça fans decided to sign with other clubs despite having our offer.

3. further using Pedri's example we were willing to leave him on loan at his current club instead of insisting bringing him to Barça B at any cost. Las Palmas have probably also accepted a deal because they can keep him for one and possibly two more seasons while getting some money in advance and he's also developing well playing in a higher division than he would had he come here. I think we've missed on some players in the past because we weren't considering loaning them back to their clubs. Maybe we could've signed Fabian Ruiz for 15M and leave him at Betis for a season or two to develop for example.

4. we've shown some "creativity" in that Betis deal for Emerson. Now Betis considers him as "their" player and know they can earn at least something with him. If we would buy and just loan him it's questionable if they would have as much incentive to play him (similar to what was happening to Miranda at Schalke; I think if we'd sell him with a buy-back he'd probably get more minutes sooner). Probaby still because he doesn't really have much competition at his position but it was still a solid deal imo.

We are far from perfect but I believe we learned some lessons and are improving in some aspects on the market but obviously not every talent brought to the club will work out (most new players actually won't reach their expectations regardless of their transfer fee but if you're taking a gamble on players it's better to do that for 5-10M than 20-30M; and that's exactly what we're doing with Wague/Emerson/Couto, Pedri/Fernandes/,... , we are spraying a risk instead of putting all eggs in one basket) and on the other hand club X will sign a player Y for cheap and then fans will complain why we didn't buy him instead of wasting money on our failed experiments. But hindsight is always 20/20 and we'd never know if that player Y would develop the same playing here in a different system and under different (much higher) expectations. Most players wouldn't.

Richard.H

After failing to find a new club Arda Turan will return to Barça. [sport]

giphy.gif

JerseyAddict

Can Barça ship out Raki, Vidal and 1 more player and get Eriksen for 20m?

And whatever money Barça has splash on a proper 9?

Messi983

According to MD today there will be a meeting between Setien, Abidal, Bartomeu&Co. to adress if we'll buy a forward. Pedro, Piatek and Olmo are among the options while Alcacer's return is discarded. Lol, if this is the best they could come up with. Wouldn't mind Pedro or Olmo but none of them is a goal-scorer we need. Piatek on loan with a buy-option (non-obligatory) could be an interesting option. He needs to get his confidence back and I think he'll score again.

Home of Barca Fans