Barca Transfers and Rumors

Co0ter

I agree, Lautaro has had a few good games all season. Why people think hes some kind of WC player that deserves to start for Barca is beyond me.

Andrew M

I agree, Lautaro has had a few good games all season. Why people think hes some kind of WC player that deserves to start for Barca is beyond me.

It always happens here. Wasn't that long ago that Seri was seen as the next Xavi.

mc_lovin

Lautaro doesnt have an awful lot in common with Seri. He always looked like a real talent coming to Europe, recently it just clicked for him. We need an attacker (preferably a 9) - so Lautaro seems quite logical: hes great to watch, technically very good, has speed etc. I wouldnt want us to pay his release clause (111ME?), but for a more reasonable price Im all for it. Especially if its between him and Neymar.

Sooner or later we need to go for a Suarez replacement, I dont want another year with him as an undisputed starter. The question is if we are convinced by Lautaro or wait for someone else to emerge (unlikely in the next year, but who knows). The other alternative would be someone like Malen, who looks rather average, but then again, who knows.

Barcilliant

We need a striker who scores goals. Lautaro is hardly a prolific striker. He's a good player but the jury is still out on him.

I miss the days when you could get an Eto at a reasonable price

mc_lovin

Who is this prolific striker though?

Edit: Normally talent adds up to goals sooner or later. Thats why Im not overly bothered by Lautaros "average" scoring stats.

Andrew M

World lacks strikers and all the good ones are locked up with other good teams.

Yeah it's difficult. A lot of other big teams are in the same position as us with no. 9s.

Suarez
Aguero
Lewandowski
Benzema

Just waiting to see that next gen of top strikers appear before these guys get too old

Kane is a top striker i guess

wisconsincule

MD reporting we made an offer for Dani Olmo . Haven’t watched much of him but he fits the profile we need and has Barca DNA.

Seems like a player our board will buy purely because he played here as a youngster.

mc_lovin

I never thought anyone of Olmo, Ruiz or Ceballos looked really special, but from that lot I always thought Olmo was the best. I wouldnt mind him at all, he could be a very good squad player (at the very least).

Home of Barca Fans