Barca Transfers and Rumors

Laplacian

Sell Bruno Fernandes for 60m, buy this guy for 6m, great business for SCP.

Also, don't know if City would consider selling as they probably see him as a longterm replacement for Fernandinho but Yangel Herrera is an interesting player.

They're like Dortmund.

Sell Dembele and Auba, get Sancho and Haaland in return for pennies.

Laplacian

Sell Bruno Fernandes for 60m, buy this guy for 6m, great business for SCP.

Also, don't know if City would consider selling as they probably see him as a longterm replacement for Fernandinho but Yangel Herrera is an interesting player.

They're like Dortmund.

Sell Dembele and Auba, get Sancho and Haaland in return for pennies.

Windhook

That's the way scouting works in the last couple of decades. Clubs like Porto, Ajax, Dortmund, Benfica and such are stepping stone for great talents. Remember Martin Odegaard? Real Madrid decided to skip a step in his development and bought him straight from Norway.

khaled_a_d

Might argue we done the same with Pedri.

And Araujo, Halilovic, Ramos Mingo, Munir, Mina and ton of others.
We have spent a lot with youth, but we didn't start to get benefits until very late.
If Pedri,Araujo, Dest met their potential, we are doing a good job.
tbh, I entertain our future more than a club like RM
It could change in matter of seconds.

Giginho75

No foolish deal!!!

I hope that Dembele, Coutinho and (for a part) Griez are the evidence of Barca's failure in the last years.

Messi983

Might argue we done the same with Pedri.

And Araujo, Halilovic, Ramos Mingo, Munir, Mina and ton of others.
We have spent a lot with youth, but we didn't start to get benefits until very late.
If Pedri,Araujo, Dest met their potential, we are doing a good job.
tbh, I entertain our future more than a club like RM
It could change in matter of seconds.

Don't know if I'd put Dest in the same category as the others. He was bought from a "developing" club like Ajax, we just got him cheaper than they usually sell their best players, mostly because he wasn't (and still isn't) really on the level with likes of FDJ and MDL. Which doesn't mean he can't be a very good player for us in future.

I'd mention Emerson here as well. Probably a bit of a special case because of his "strange" transfer but that co-operation with Betis is another way to bring possible talented players to the club relatively cheaply. Which we could use more in our current financial situation. Loans are ok but I think clubs are more likely to regularly play "our" players that are "co-owned" by them (and they can make some profit of them) than loanees unless those are obviously better than what they have. That wasn't a case with most Barca B players who were loaned out recently though. Maybe being sold with a buy-back would benefit those players to play more and develop better than pure loans.

What we did with Pedri (and also with Trincao who was bought in January) is also what I've suggested years ago we should be doing more often. Buy a player and leave him on loan at his current club (if that club is suitable to his current level). In the past we were usually trying to buy players for Barca B and if those players were already playing at a higher level than Segunda B I'm sure some of them would consider that as a step back in their careers even if they would sign with Barca on paper. Don't remember any names but I'm sure we've "lost" at least a few players because of that. We should've been more open minded when recruiting young talents and I hope this will change in future.

Probably not in next 2-3 years as we won't have much money to spend on "future transfers" so anyone bought will be straight for the first team or just young cheap signings for Barca B (hopefully at least one of them will turn out like Araujo). But when financial situation will improve and we'll hopefully have a more competitive team we should use those type of transfers more imo. I don't want us to turn into the next Chelsea and have 30 players out on loans who will never play for them but we could put aside something like 10-15m to buy 2-3 players every summer and send them on loans for a season or two to clubs like Betis/Sociedad/Villarreal or maybe Eredivisie/Ligue 1 teams to see how they'll develop.

If they're cosidered good enough they could be brought back to replace some aging or underperforming players in the first team (regardless of how good a team is every team has a few replacable players every season). if not they could be sold for probably not much loss (if not for a profit) and that money could be re-invested back into similar transfers. We could "try out" 10-15 players in a few years but if one or two of them turn out into a longterm first team player while we don't lose money or even make profit on others it's well worth it imo. And if we sometimes make a big transfer protit on a player who won't be good enough to stay around (like Mina) that money could be used to buy a player who will come and hopefully improve the first team immediately as well.

Yeah, I know some players would still prefer to sign for Ajax/BVB as a stepping stone to a bigger team instead of coming here only to be send on loan so at the start it would take some time to convince them to join us but if in time this model would start to work and players would actually come back from loans and get a chance in our first team I think more and more players would accept this idea. Especially if those players would come from smaller teams playing in Segunda like Pedri or South America (probably not Brazil as their players are the mostly overpriced but countries like Ecuador and Venezuela have produced some interesting players lately alongside the obvious "big ones" like Argentina, Uruguay and Colombia). I think those players would be much more likely to accept going on loan than those already quite regularly playing in a top 5 league or top teams in other top 15-20 European leagues.

The same for Barca B players. Players like Puig didn't want to go on loan because they were affraid they'll never return. But if we'll send a few 19 years old kids on loans to clubs playing at a higher level than Segunda B, they would do well there and be brought back to get a chance in the first team this would also send the right message to all upcoming youngsters that going on loan is not the club wanting to offload them but rather help them to progress so they can maybe get to the first team one day.

It's obviously a longterm process but with the right people in charge I don't see a reason why at least some of those ideas (there are obviously other ways as well) couldn't be implemented into the recruiting and developing at the club or Barca's stature. We need to find more and better ways to bring talented players (preferably cheap but at least on a somewhat realistic value and not multiple times overpaid) under club control (whether in the first team, Barca B and youth teams or on loans/sold with a buy back) and develop that talent to either keep them longterm or maximize their value when selling.

Last edited:

Trafalgar

So we want to get rid of Lenglet, Pique and Umtiti are finished and mingueza is not Barca material ... so basically we need a whole new defence lol

xXKonan

Deco offered Bayer 04's CB, Edmond Tapsoba to Barca.
Yeah he's one of the players Deco represents.

Haven't seen really much of him, it seems like he is a starter with Leverkusen so I doubt he would be cheap for all things considered.

Andresito

Staff member
Tapsoba renewed just 4 months ago so as you say, won't be easy.

I think we should discard any rumour of anyone costing more than 10m tbh.

khaled_a_d

I think we should discard any rumour of anyone costing more than 10m tbh.

Lol, no.
Even if we try to end the off-season with getting money rather than spend, we are more likely to get some funds from our sales in order to make few decent transfers.

Andresito

Staff member
I think we all can agree on some players that should leave. Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti, Pjanic.

But how big of a loss can we take?
If we look at their remaining worth in the books it's currently:

72 - Griezmann
58 - Coutinho
45 - Pjanic
0? - Umtiti

Realistically I can't see us getting even half of that amount. 35-40m for Griezmann, 15m for Coutinho, 5-10m for Pjanic. Ship Umtiti for free.

Raketa10

I think we all can agree on some players that should leave. Griezmann, Coutinho, Umtiti, Pjanic.

But how big of a loss can we take?
If we look at their remaining worth in the books it's currently:

72 - Griezmann
58 - Coutinho
45 - Pjanic
0? - Umtiti

Realistically I can't see us getting even half of that amount. 35-40m for Griezmann, 15m for Coutinho, 5-10m for Pjanic. Ship Umtiti for free.

Pjanic is probably worth only 10 mil on the market. Coutinho around 20-25, Griezman 35-40, and Umtiti 0. It will be hard to get rid of them but we should try as much as possible. They bring nothing and are on astronomical wages. We should also get rid of Alena. I would say he is probably worth around 10 mil. Same goes for Firpo. Furthermore, Todibo will probably remain at Nice. If we somehow manage to get 80-90 mill for all of them it will be a miracle.

I don't know what is the arrangement with Betis for Emerson but he could also bring us some money if we sell him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans