Barca Transfers and Rumors

serghei

Aren't Governments though supposed to work together with clubs/corporations badly hit by COVID to figure a way out? I think we'll be fine. Debt will be restructured, and we'll need to keep spending under control better in the future.

Something needs to be done quickly about the wages though. Biggest wages in the world and the performances nowhere near match that. It's night and day when you look at the return we get on the field from paying our players the most money. Looking at the wage structure, you'd say we're dominating Europe, and here we are mentally prepping ourselves for another shameful CL exit.

Zidane82

From what I've seen, 1 billion figure's net debt which already includes wages. Did I get it wrong?

Uk media saying 1.3 gross debt so your figure sounds correct ..

They reckon we won?t go bankrupt but will have to sell players and reduce wages dramatically

Plus we are behind on paying the players wages .. apparently we?ve only been paying them 80% of their wages ... wonder if that has any effects on their contracts ??
Could some of them legitimately ?end? or ?break? their contracts as we err not keeping our part of the bargain ??

Last edited:

Zidane82

Nobody will sign Coutinho and Griezmann because of their wages. Coutinho earns 12 m a year net, while Griezmann earns 18 m a net a year.

Barca has to sell the likes of De Jong and Fati to overcome bankruptcy. also, Barca shouldn't renew with Messi. Downsizing and selling players who can bring good money is the only solution for Barca. Barca has debts over 1 billion and most of them are short term debts. They didn't pay players wages this season yet. This will make the debt higher. Bonds won't make an effect. Barca should declare bankruptcy or should sell players like De Jong and Fati. like l said, downsizing is the only solution.

Well apparently we NEED to reduce the wage bill dramatically so releasing Messi would presumably solve that problem instantly ?

Zidane82

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Confirmed. Brighton now ?confident? to sign Moises Caicedo in the next days. The agreement with Independiente del Valle has been reached for ?6m. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/bhafc?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#bhafc</a> are now waiting for the work permit to complete the deal. ��<br><br>No ManUtd, no Chelsea, no Everton. Newcastle trying for days. <a href="https://t.co/AkWpVlKJqd">https://t.co/AkWpVlKJqd</a></p>— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) <a href="https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1348971263369355264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6m only?

Brighton are set to be relegated nobody in their right mind would sign for them

Catta

As long as we keep Frenkie, Araujo, Pedri and Fati, everything will be fine. Everybody else leaving to balance the books will not be a big loss.

Havesaks

If we can get something like 30-40m+, I kinda would like to sell ter Stegen and get rid of his wages as well. Its not like we need that kind of luxury if our economy is so bad-shit. Question is who would buy him? Chelsea?

JamDav1982

If we can get something like 30-40m+, I kinda would like to sell ter Stegen and get rid of his wages as well. Its not like we need that kind of luxury if our economy is so bad-shit. Question is who would buy him? Chelsea?

Would take at least double that for them to sell him. Closer to 100m.

Havesaks

Would take at least double that for them to sell him. Closer to 100m.

100m is unrealistic, and even if he is worth that much, which I doubt, how much does his presence benefit the team? When Neto played I didnt feel we missed out on much - quality wise. Its like having a luxury around we dont really need in our current state. Its way more important to keep the likes of de Jong, pedri, Fati and maybe even dest and araujo... we can miss out on having a top 5 goalie, when Neto covers 90% of his quality. The last 10% is a luxury we probably cant afford.

Sure, if we can get 50, 70 or even 100, that would be even better.

JamDav1982

100m is unrealistic, and even if he is worth that much, which I doubt, how much does his presence benefit the team? When Neto played I didnt feel we missed out on much - quality wise. Its like having a luxury around we dont really need in our current state. Its way more important to keep the likes of de Jong, pedri, Fati and maybe even dest and araujo... we can miss out on having a top 5 goalie, when Neto covers 90% of his quality. The last 10% is a luxury we probably cant afford.

Sure, if we can get 50, 70 or even 100, that would be even better.

Closer to 100m is far more realistic than a 30m sale. Would never happen and rightfully so.

MATS is a completely different class of GK to Neto.

Home of Barca Fans