Barca Transfers and Rumors

Riordon

I'm pretty sure he'll end up in Madrid in two years.

I doubt we'll buy another RW before we see what we have in Trincao. Veron has renewed his contract until 2024 last year and has a 60m buy out clause. With so many needs in the first team I don't think we're in situation to make that kind of a risky transfer. And tbh I'd rather stay away from signing overpriced Brazilian kids in a near future. I prefer to gamble on a few chaper ones like Emerson and Matheus.

With Veron being right footed he can also play LW and cut in. He has played and scored many goals like that. And he is probably the best U18 brazilian player right now. He has everything to make it as one of the best forwards in world and I doubt he will go for 60m though, 30-40 seems more realistic. Not so bad for a top talent IMO. I would wait and let him develop in Brazil for a year though.

Vilarrubi

Eb6OqDHWAAEMJbJ

MTL_Barca

I'd say there's more to it than just if you can recover the money. If a player doesn't fit or doesn't meet expectations he's still a flop in my books, even without significant financial damage. Not only is the team worse than expected in that case but you also waste time on a player that won't stay, don't get to develop the team further etc.

Gomes for example was definitely a flop, complete waste of money and time. Any real reinforcement during that time instead of him and Arda would've made the midfield and therefore the whole team so much better.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I'd say there's more to it than just if you can recover the money. If a player doesn't fit or doesn't meet expectations he's still a flop in my books, even without significant financial damage. Not only is the team worse than expected in that case but you also waste time on a player that won't stay, don't get to develop the team further etc.

Gomes for example was definitely a flop, complete waste of money and time. Any real reinforcement during that time instead of him and Arda would've made the midfield and therefore the whole team so much better.

Of course but now we were looking at numbers. It hurt us a lot when both Gomes and Turan busted. We needed midfielders.

BBZ8800

This team might improve if we get rid of few amigos, Suarez, Busi/Raki/Vidal. Those the obvious targets. We get rid of couple or them and I think we might even see improvement in our overall play. If they stay, expect the same shit all over again.

Do it.

I would personally get rid of Raki and Suarez. Suarez is a must goner. We would need new striker.

Feel free to quote me.
Do you know what will happen when amigos leave?
= EV-Setien effect

1. no one can be worse than them
2. to = wow, now we are a few levels were than before. How is that possible?

And people will just move to new alibis and scapegoats.
(6 Months ago, EV was guilty for everything, now scapegoats are amigos and bad transfers).

Messigician

Feel free to quote me.
= EV-Setien effect

(6 Months ago, EV was guilty for everything, now scapegoats are amigos and bad transfers).

So true.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Feel free to quote me.
= EV-Setien effect

Didn't you say that amigos were the main problem when EV was here? Did you change your opinion? Who are the real culprits, not just scapegoats? Setien? The amigos? The board?

BBZ8800

Didn't you say that amigos were the main problem when EV was here? Did you change your opinion? Who are the real culprits, not just scapegoats? Setien? The amigos? The board?

Amigos are the problem and the reason why we can't reach world class level.

But... they are still way better than other options.
To explain it in numbers:
10/10 is a worlf class level
Amigos are stuck at 8/10 level due to their age.
So, if we want to reach level 10, we will need to get rid of amigos.

The problem is that current players who will replace amigos are let's say 6/10 level.

And every new transfer has like 33% chances for a success.
So:
1. Short term subs for amigos suck
2. And longterm, it will take a few years until we will make a few good midfield transfers

So, back to the original question:
= amigos are meh.
But othet options are way weaker.

MTL_Barca

Of course the veterans keep being important when every (big) transfer fails, but they still can't stay forever.

I mean it's not like they are all 29-30 and people here just want to replace them for the sake of it, they are actually on their way to approach mid 30s now and showed time and time again how much they declined physically. Puig is the best Barca midfielder right now and Fati can start without issues as well...that's the level of the squad right now.

They won't go all at once anyway but i seriously doubt the team would be much worse if let's say Rakitic, Suarez, Vidal leave and Busquets loses his status as undisputed starter. It would of course require some successful transfers, what already seems to be too much to ask for these days :lol:

If the money the board mindlessly spent on Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele was used better Barca shouldn't even be in this situation but it is what it is :valverde2:

BBZ8800

Puig is the best Barca midfielder right now

Puig played 2 matches.
This is classical fan's daydreaming, overhyping and exaggeration.

Not long ago:
Dembele was more talented than Mbappe after a few good matches.
Arthur was the 2nd best midfielder in the world.
And Alena was surely good enough since we won against Inter.

So, let's see how will his status look like after 10-20 matches.

MTL_Barca

Puig played 2 matches.
This is classical fan's daydreaming, overhyping and exaggeration.

Not long ago:
Dembele was more talented than Mbappe after a few good matches.
Arthur was the 2nd best midfielder in the world.
And Alena was surely good enough since we won against Inter.

So, let's see how will his status look like after 10-20 matches.

It's not about Puig being a future starter or something it's about how the quality of the midfield dropped over the years. What Puig is playing right now isn't world class or anything special really. But he still outshines the old guys at the moment and it's not like they suddenly underperform, that's pretty much their expected level nowadays. The likes of Rakitic or Vidal still have their moments and will have a good game here and there but for the most part it's just mediocre especially with that many games over a short time period. Same goes for Suarez upfront, he doesn't make runs or press like he used to do. He's basically jogging around like Messi at this point, waiting for the ball to play but he doesn't have Messis skills, destroying attacks left and right while yelling at his teammates.

Not a granny yet but same story in the back with Umtiti whenever he plays. The dude can't even run properly and we get news of "knee discomfort" every couple weeks. He is finished and it's actually hard to imagine how a talented young guy could be that much worse.

That level of play honestly can't be that hard to replace. I mean it is if you buy Griezmann just to realize he doesn't fit and bench him for Puig/Fati but it really shouldn't be that hard for a club like Barca. Now if we want to replace prime Suarez, prime Busquets etc that's a different story but they themselves won't ever reach that level again anyway so what's the point in going on for another 1, 2 or 3 years with them?

Home of Barca Fans