Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

According to Marca we're close to sign 16 year old striker Fabian Luzzi whose contract with Rayo is expiring this month.

We've apparently also shown interest in another Rayo player, 20 yo CB Martin Pascual who has played 7 games in Segunda this season.

Messi983

If we really want a short Argentinian forward we should consider Bustos. He's likely coming to Europe with Milan and Roma interested. Will be interested to see how he'll do.

I don't know if he'll ever be good enough but IIRC I've read somewhere his buy out clause is only 10m so I wouldn't mind signing him and loan for a season to La Liga team to adapt to European football. But we'll probably wait until he'll "explode" (score 10-15 goals) in Serie A and then offer 100m for him in two years when we'll give up on Lautaro. :lol:

FC433

Braithwaite, Suarez, Griezmann and Messi. We are also looking for a new CF :wave:
+ Fati, Dembele and Trincao.

Riordon

Aouar apparently is available for 50m, thats a nice price. Aouar, Soyuncu and Dest/Cancelo would be a good enough window for me.

Andresito

Staff member
Aouar apparently is available for 50m, thats a nice price. Aouar, Soyuncu and Dest/Cancelo would be a good enough window for me.

TBH I don't think we'll spend a total of 150M unless a big chunk of the money is for a star player.

Vilarrubi

I don’t get how these journalists reckon Neymar saga is over because he’s 150m but Lautaro for 39m less is completely feasible.

Messi983

As much as I hate us spending so much on Lautaro he's still much more reasonable signing than Neymar.

Braithwaite, Suarez, Griezmann and Messi. We are also looking for a new CF :wave:
+ Fati, Dembele and Trincao.

I know. That's why I've suggested to buy him for cheap and loan him. Then if he develops well we bring him back next year (when one or two of Suarez, Griezmann or Braithwaite could leave). If not we can still sell him and recuperate most money. But yeah, won't happen. It's just an alternative I'd prefer us to look on over buying another expensive forward.

Another Argentinian striker who I like is Adolfo Gaich. He's 1.90 m though so too tall for our standards. :)

I prefer a more physical midfielder but wouldn't mind this transfer window at all. We would need to actually sell players like Coutinho to afford those signings though.

FC433

^I agree with you. Never heard of Adolfo Gaich, I will check him out.

I personally think that we should get a LW if we were to get a new attacker. Sane seems the ideal option or just wait another season. Out attack needs a lot of work we have plenty and yet they are not enough and that is because they are not what we need.

SeloBarca

Would also take Aouar instead of the players we have been linked to so far.
Havent seen Martinez enough, but people here doesnt seem to rate him.
De Jong, Arthur, Aouar could be quite nice.

Messi983

Haaland's replacement in Salzburg and there are strong rumours he'll replace Werner in RBL. I could see him becoming one of our next 100m targets in a few years. :lol:

Messi983

I really hope we're scouting Salzburg's talents. Yes, they are mostly RBL bound because of the connection between the clubs but we should still try to sign some of them before bigger clubs get them and they become much more expensive or unavailable at all. We apparently already had bids rejected for Karim Adeyemi last year. Dominik Szoboszlai is another very interesting player and so is Sekou Koita.

But for our current needs I think we should consider Enock Mwepu for a BBM role. He'd probably be available for half the price of the likes of Ibrahim Sangare or Boubakary Soumare. I doubt he's on our radar though.

Messi983

Don't think we can do the same. What Red Bull is doing is in somewhat gray area and there were also questions two years ago if both RBS and RBL could play in the same European competitions (which they later did and also played in the same group to make things even stranger).

We could always find a "feeder" club to loan our players though. IIRC we have an official agreement for cooperation with Utrecht (I think it's them but could be another midtable Eredivisie team), we're working pretty well with Betis too in last years so there is no excuse to not try to buy 2-3 cheap (5-10m) players every year and loan them out to develop. Then if they develop good bring them back if not sell them and re-invest money in other similar players. I'm not saying we should have 30 players on loan for years like Chelsea and FIFA will also limit numbers of loans in coming years but between 8-10 players over several years I think odds are pretty good we'd find one or two who would be good enough to stay at the club longterm.

We've actually adapted our philosophy over the last 2 years a bit and started to do some things I've suggested in the past. We did some potentially good future signings with Pedri and Emerson but as long as we'll continue to miss out on big 100m signings other "smaller" transfers won't really matter much unless we'll find a future key player among them.

Home of Barca Fans