Barca Transfers and Rumors

BarçaBarça

Chelsea would never accept that swap. Also, while I think we clearly need a midfield destroyer like Kante we should be looking for a younger version of him.

Chelsea have had success with Pedro, Fabregas etc. Now they are interested in Coutinho + Kante comes from his first season with more injuries.
I'd say the could be very tempted, as they also have Jorginho in that position and Kovacic as CM. They have younger players coming through and that could give them second thoughts about needing Coutinho. But they lose Willian + Pedro, both with substantial playing time, which Coutinho could overtake.

Could be because we will rely more on dataanalysists + fewer scouts. Not necessarily a bad decision, then.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Gerard Romero claims Juventus wants Dembele+Vidal if we want Pjanic and De Scliglio.

Nothing really advanced though and it seems like it will be tough to convince either to go to Juventus. But honestly, even with Dembele issues and Vidal, it still feels like we would be ripped off by giving them away for Pjanic of De Sciglio. :lol:

Vilarrubi

Gerard Romero claims Juventus wants Dembele+Vidal if we want Pjanic and De Scliglio.

Nothing really advanced though and it seems like it will be tough to convince either to go to Juventus. But honestly, even with Dembele issues and Vidal, it still feels like we would be ripped off by giving them away for Pjanic of De Sciglio. :lol:

What a clown lol these multi player trades never happen. If I was a reporter I wouldn’t even report them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We'd have to be retarded to actually accept something like that.

Honestly the more I think about it the better I think we're off just not doing anything this summer, and just keep the same squad for another season.

From the rumors and reports I've seen we're more likely to actually downgrade the team rather than upgrade it.

Buys us more time to evaluate the strikers on the market too. In fact the only player I'd consider signing is Werner due to his release clause, but he seemingly only want to join Liverpool.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why do you think our scouts are bad?

Certainly the signings were up to the sporting director and probably even higher up folks within the club, but the scouts are the supposed to be the ones identifying talent and presenting recommendations to the sporting director and the higher ups. How many truly good signings, even candidates that we were rumored to link with in the last how many years did we have?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He thinks nearly everything about the club is bad. Wouldn’t worry about it .

I think having a sense of crisis is better than wearing those rosy glasses and thinking everything is just fine. We do have problems in both sporting and the non-sporting part of the club.

By the way I am not critical of everything about the club at all, not at all. For example I think Barca Innovation Hub was a great and cutting edge idea showcasing the club's commitment to data analytics and data science, even Real Madrid is copying us now on that. Another example is the digital strategy of the club which I thought was great and very visionary. I really like what Barca Studio is up to.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did the Pjanic idea from big data? :lol:

So far we don't know if data analytics have played any roles in the club's pursuit of players. Looks like their focus has been on sporting medicine and game tactical analysis, in either case too early to know what kind if impact it has had, I guess.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Certainly the signings were up to the sporting director and probably even higher up folks within the club, but the scouts are the supposed to be the ones identifying talent and presenting recommendations to the sporting director and the higher ups. How many truly good signings, even candidates that we were rumored to link with in the last how many years did we have?

We've been linked to so many great players and talents, confirmed by those players' clubs and reps, yet the management have failed to close those transfers.

Not the scouts fault that our management pretty much since Txiki left(and Lord knows Txiki had his blunders) have been shit for the most part.

Zubi's last transfer window was good. Robert's intentions were good, but execution didn't turn out as well as we wished it would, and Abidal is just pathetic.

We've gotten some good finds too, could have had more, but we're just too slow to move or prioritize the wrong players/sign players without a plan.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Damn, i saw on ********* which is rubbish i know, that juve requested fati for pjanic. Lmao tf those guys smoking

Barcilliant

Just keep the current squad. Try and develop the youngsters and hope that the seniors can have one last hurrah and fuck off bar Messi.

Home of Barca Fans