Barca Transfers and Rumors

vuji_31

Arthur again said he wants to stay.

Juve will not make their cheap tactics wit Bartomeu when he wants Neymar.

MTL_Barca

Why not? I don't see anything wrong in that. We have like 6-7 players for sale/loan and their names are on the market. Now is the time for negotiations. We need to generate some cash in order to buy new players, but no Neymar or Martinez.

Yeah sure, Barca is negotiating the sales of Roberto, Arthur, Dembele, Roberto, Rakitic, Coutinho, Griezmann, Vidal, ter Stegen, Todibo etc right now while trying to bring in Neymar, Martinez, Onana, De Ligt and 20 other players.

Let's face it, most transfer rumors are either blown out of proportion and don't lead to anything serious or simply made up to fill the papers. Most of the stuff that is reported is just bullshit we all know that, at best there is a handful of truly reliable sources and usually they aren't the ones bringing up new names every single day.

Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the summer ends up being quite slow and boring. At the moment the big leagueshare all paused (some even start to cancel) and nobody knows for sure how/when things can continue and how it'll work out. Economically it's a difficult time and football clubs aren't an exception to that. I would be surprised to see a lot of super expensive signings, also because it will probably be extra hard to get rid of highly paid deadwood this summer.

JohnN

Clubs must have lost plenty of money. Don't think many transfers are possible. I haven't been following the rumours it it sound like a bullshitfest has happened the last month.

Vilarrubi

Yeah sure, Barca is negotiating the sales of Roberto, Arthur, Dembele, Roberto, Rakitic, Coutinho, Griezmann, Vidal, ter Stegen, Todibo etc right now while trying to bring in Neymar, Martinez, Onana, De Ligt and 20 other players.

:lol: :lol: when you list them like that it shows you how ridiculous all these rumours are. Some people just lap them up though.

LABarcaFan

The board is probably scrambling for cash atm but all these rumors are just ludicrous, no way Barca is in negotiations for like 15 players right now. It's always funny to see what the journalists fabricate when there aren't any games going on.

No. I am not talking about selling 15 player and buying 20 new one. I am not that naive. But we can sell Umtiti, Rakitic, Vidal and either one of Dembele or Griezmann. The last one has interests from Tottenham and Newcastle, so it is very possible for him to leave if Setien really has decided to keep Coutinho.

Now, you will tell me that Dembele and Griezmann has to agree to be traded, which I understand, but there is always a way to do that. If they both refuse to leave, then I will bench them and they won't see any playing time. There is no even one single example of player preferring to stay at the end of the bench in Barcelona, instead of playing full time somewhere else. And that somewhere else won't be China or Katar it is going to be the EPL. So from these 4 sales we can generate around 165 mil. and with that money we can secure two top class players like Upamecano and T.Werner for example, or Ruben Dias, Boubakary Soumare and other.

I am not looking at these rumors as a BS, like you. I am looking into the real possibilities of these transfers and think they are all doable. Is the board ready to do them, that is different question which we can not answer.

MTL_Barca

No. I am not talking about selling 15 player and buying 20 new one. I am not that naive. But we can sell Umtiti, Rakitic, Vidal and either one of Dembele or Griezmann. The last one has interests from Tottenham and Newcastle, so it is very possible for him to leave if Setien really has decided to keep Coutinho.

Now, you will tell me that Dembele and Griezmann has to agree to be traded, which I understand, but there is always a way to do that. If they both refuse to leave, then I will bench them and they won't see any playing time. There is no even one single example of player preferring to stay at the end of the bench in Barcelona, instead of playing full time somewhere else. And that somewhere else won't be China or Katar it is going to be the EPL. So from these 4 sales we can generate around 165 mil. and with that money we can secure two top class players like Upamecano and T.Werner for example, or Ruben Dias, Boubakary Soumare and other.

I am not looking at these rumors as a BS, like you. I am looking into the real possibilities of these transfers and think they are all doable. Is the board ready to do them, that is different question which we can not answer.

Some sources are just trash, that's why most rumors are bullshit and not because the deals wouldn't be possible in theory.

LABarcaFan

Was looking at videos of Fabiano and Kanoute. Those two were twice as good as this overrated featherweight. In today's market guys like Fabiano would be worth at least 125 million.
It's absurd that there are no good number nines out there

Slowly but surely the football is dying. More and more European youngsters are going to practice other sports. That is why the market is overfilled with African players. And among the ones who still play it, the mid-level players like Vidal, Arthur, Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele are considered as a stars ( worldclass ). That is the reason the price tag of player like Mbappe went up to the sky.In 2017 PSG paid 145 mil. to Monaco for his rights, plus another 35 mil in bonuses, if the player got sold before the end of his contract (2022). Today, any club who wants to buy him will have to present an offer ranging between 230 and 250 millions !!!!!!!!!

Just for comparison, the best ever football player in the history of the sport - Leo Messi's price tag is 123.20 mil. Yes, the first one is just 20 y.o. and the last is already 32, but even at this age, Messi is a lot better player than these over-rated "stars" - Mbappe, Neymar, Martinez...

And yes, there are good # 9 my friend, but besides Timo Werner, who made a name recently, the other don't have that luxury.
So what is the conclusion?

DO NOT BUY ANYMORE OVER-RATED AND OVER-PAID PLAYERS with price tag of 100 mil. and over. Barcelona has to change completely it's transfer politic and take a totally new direction.

LABarcaFan

Clubs must have lost plenty of money. Don't think many transfers are possible. I haven't been following the rumours it it sound like a bullshitfest has happened the last month.

True. Almost every sport club worldwide has lost lots of money because of COVID-19 pandemic. But, there are clubs like Barcelona, Real, PSG, Manchester City, Tottenham, Newcastle, Manchester Utd. and Juventus who are still able to play with big money. The new Saudi and Katari owners of Newcastle, Manch. City and PSG are not affected from the pandemic as other and can afford to pay any price.So there is a hope that we can sell some of our players and create funds for new ones.

Messigician

📰 [ESPN🥇] | Barcelona plan to swap rather than buy players on the transfer market this summer, with football's shutdown already having cost the club between ?120 and ?140 million in revenues, club vice president Jordi Cardoner has told ESPN

We move)! No wonder there's so many rumours with the expandable players in the squad whatever it takes we need Neymar and Martinez for our continued success

Messi983

Lol, Neymar and Martinez are exactly what we don't need if we want to have any success in a near future.

Don't know how reliable this rumour is but wouldn't mind another Emerson like deal.

Legia Warsaw left-back Michal Karbownik (19) could have been offered to Barcelona. He could cost 8M-10M euros [sports channel]

There could be a similar operation (loan) between Bar?a and Betis as they did with Emerson [estadio deportivo]

https://twitter.com/FTalentScout/status/1224752282169942016

Barcilliant

Lol, Neymar and Martinez are exactly what we don't need if we want to have any success in a near future.

Don't know how reliable this rumour is but wouldn't mind another Emerson like deal.

https://twitter.com/FTalentScout/status/1224752282169942016

Exactly.

Basically there is no money available. Either we sell, swap or buy at a low price.
I don't see us splashing out 100 million plus for players but with this board who knows.

For the love of God, priorise the defense first and then the midfield. We have enough attacking players. Suarez will be back.

LABarcaFan

Some sources are just trash, that's why most rumors are bullshit and not because the deals wouldn't be possible in theory.

I think this forum does not allow members to post any news from so called BS sources like all British sites, Diario AS and some other medias based in Madrid. I am trying not to post here any news from them. But, when I read something in Barcelona based newspaper or newspapers with reputation and name like La Gazzetta delo Sport , Tuttosport, Corriere Dello Sport (Italy), Bild and Transfermarkt (Germany) and L'Equipe, Sky Sports (France) most of the time their rumors are true.

Few days ago one of our respected members "DonAK" has expressed his frustration with very disrespectful comment, stating that he fells exasperation ( or whatever was the word in his post ) to even log in these days! Wow! He was probably frustrated from the transfer comments we make in this thread. I would like to suggest him if that is what he feels, to take a break till this COVID-19 pandemic is over and we all will have more reliable sources of information.

It is anyone's choice to read these rumors or not. To trust them or not. It is an individual issue. There is no football in the entire world. Fans got frustrated and bored. Forums like this one is the only place we can still talk about football and keep the flame in our hearts ON. So I will repeat it one more time. If you do not believe these rumors and do not like to comment them, then take a leave of absence and stay calm. Obviously, this forum is not a good place for you at this moment.

P.S.
Even-though I am quoting you, my post is not intended to you only. No hard feelings at all.

Last edited:
There are few very good players with relatively low buy clauses, i would consider:
Thomas 50mio. Why arent we linked with him is beyond him. Wwtched him live last year on Camp Nou. He was amazing.
Upamecano 60mio
Werner 60mio. Perfect transfer window for me.
Telles is reportedly off to PSG, so i hope we can get Kurzawa for free.
Btw, how is Youceh Atal progressing?

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

There are few very good players with relatively low buy clauses, i would consider:
Thomas 50mio. Why arent we linked with him is beyond him. Wwtched him live last year on Camp Nou. He was amazing.
Upamecano 60mio
Werner 60mio. Perfect transfer window for me.
Telles is reportedly off to PSG, so i hope we can get Kurzawa for free.
Btw, how is Youceh Atal progressing?

True. We should aim for players with great value and potential.

Home of Barca Fans