Barca Transfers and Rumors

Havesaks

The last time we did a swap with Inter we got screwed. Ibra in Eto out. Plus we paid Inter frigging 70 million.
Griezmann is a more established player. They should be giving us Lautaro plus 25 million.

Eto with one year left was valued for 40m euros and we paid additionally 30m euros for Zlatan. Something like that. Not Eto'o + 70m.

LABarcaFan

Would you guys agree on a direct swap - Griezmann for Martinez?
Even-though I am against paying that much money for Lautaro, I'll do that trade. We desperately need to get rid of Griezmann and Coutinho (on loan again) among some others like Umtiti, Firpo, Rakitic and Vidal. If that work, we can have Trincao as RW, Dembele (if healthy) as a LW and Lautaro as a CF with Leo operating just behind his country man. Looks good as a idea and I think is doable.

FinBarcelonafan

Even-though I am against paying that much money for Lautaro, I'll do that trade. We desperately need to get rid of Griezmann and Coutinho (on loan again) among some others like Umtiti, Firpo, Rakitic and Vidal. If that work, we can have Trincao as RW, Dembele (if healthy) as a LW and Lautaro as a CF with Leo operating just behind his country man. Looks good as a idea and I think is doable.

It would be a trade for worse player but it would help our team overall. Griezmann doesn't work with Messi and Lautaro is bigger need for us.

Suarez needs competition.

Batistuta9

I would do the swap. Lautaro is a much better fit and is also 6 years younger. It seems as though the board have gone all in for lautaro, but I think Isak would be decent if we could get him around 40m and give pedri on loan for a year if odegaard goes back to Madrid, especially with dortmund having a buyback of 30m for 2021,22 and 23. He has got 14 goals in 34 games in his 1st season in Spain which is good for a 20 year old

Last edited:

Havesaks

I don't know all the available players on market or which player is the best fitting striker, but what I'm sure about is Griezmann-Martinez swap would be a big improvement. It makes sense for all parties including Griezmann (at least from a professional perspective). There simply is no room for him here. Neither as AM, ST, RW, LW or SS.

Rakitic I would be open for to let go on a free transfer. a player who is just here to cash the money like ?zil and the likes, has nothing to offer anymore and with his seniority he has to much of a negative influence with his mentality. We need to drive him out.

Coutinho-Kante. Make it happen. Vidal type of player which has proved to be a valuable asset. As Coutinho has no real value here, it would be a good deal.

Ter Stegen needs to get his contract extended asap.

Neymar if we can get him cheap I wouldn't mind to much. At the very least we need another winger. Dembele needs a fresh start somewhere else, and if he could finance the most of or all of it.

If we can sell Umtiti, I would like an athletic Cb as well.

We need to sell, to spend.

LABarcaFan

It would be a trade for worse player but it would help our team overall. Griezmann doesn't work with Messi and Lautaro is bigger need for us.

Suarez needs competition.

I guess that is the main reason our board wants Lautaro. Here is something that many of our fans already know, but they don't want to say it. The main reason why in the last decade many attacking players could not had any success in Barcelona is named - LEONEL MESSI. His playing style is not allowing these players to show their exact value. Malcolm, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann are just few of them.

I was asked many times why all of this players have had a lots of success in their previous clubs and once they came to Barcelona, become a craps. I didn't want to admit to myself that reason until recently. I have never been big fan of Griezmann, but it will be very unfair to say that he was the same shit in Atletico M and Real Sociedad. He has tried all front positions and could not find his place. There is a reason for it and I have named it. I don't care how many Barca fans will contradict me for that. I really don't. My only fear is that no matter who we bring, he will have the same faith. Maybe (lets hope) Lautaro can be an exception since he is Leo's team-mate in the Argentine national team.

I would do the swap. Lautaro is a much better fit and is also 6 years younger. It seems as though the board have gone all in for lautaro, but I think Isak would be decent if we could get him around 40m and give pedri on loan for a year if odegaard goes back to Madrid, especially with dortmund having a buyback of 30m for 2021,22 and 23. He has got 14 goals in 34 games in his 1st season in Spain which is good for a 20 year old

Yes, Lautaro is younger and is our only hope to form a tandem with Leo.

I don't know why are you even mentioning the name of Alexander Isak?
Since Jan. 23, 2017, when Borusia Dortmund bought him from AIK, Sweden for $ 9.5 mil. he's been loaned twice to Willem II and Real Sociedad. This season he has scored just 7 goals in 27 La Liga games. Why would you prefer him over Lautaro?

The only way to get Martinez is to make a swap with Griezmann. Konte does not want to take any other player. Of course, there are also other options for CF position at lower price, but if we sign anyone of them, we will have to keep Griezmann, because no other team has expressed any interest. There was a hope that PSG may consider it but since they decided to keep Neymat with new 5 years improved deal, that option is dead for us.Lets hope Lautaro and Leo will find a way to play together.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I guess that is the main reason our board wants Lautaro. Here is something that many of our fans already know, but they don't want to say it. The main reason why in the last decade many attacking players could not had any success in Barcelona is named - LEONEL MESSI. His playing style is not allowing these players to show their exact value. Malcolm, Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann are just few of them.

Henry, Eto'o, Villa, Pedro, Neymar, Su?rez? If a player is good enough, he finds a way to play with Messi. It's not like Coutinho has dominated in Bundesliga.

LABarcaFan

I don't know all the available players on market or which player is the best fitting striker, but what I'm sure about is Griezmann-Martinez swap would be a big improvement. It makes sense for all parties including Griezmann (at least from a professional perspective). There simply is no room for him here. Neither as AM, ST, RW, LW or SS.

Rakitic I would be open for to let go on a free transfer. a player who is just here to cash the money like ?zil and the likes, has nothing to offer anymore and with his seniority he has to much of a negative influence with his mentality. We need to drive him out.

Coutinho-Kante. Make it happen. Vidal type of player which has proved to be a valuable asset. As Coutinho has no real value here, it would be a good deal.

Ter Stegen needs to get his contract extended asap.

Neymar if we can get him cheap I wouldn't mind to much. At the very least we need another winger. Dembele needs a fresh start somewhere else, and if he could finance the most of or all of it.

If we can sell Umtiti, I would like an athletic Cb as well.

We need to sell, to spend.

Coutinho for Kante? Why would you need 29 y.o. CM? If we make a swap, better get someone younger.

Keep Dembelee and give him one last chance. We are not making any money selling him.(relatively speaking to his price)

If we make Griz - Lautaro swap, yes, we have to keep Dembele. At least he can play as a LW. I hope this virus off-time will heal his injury once for ever.

Henry, Eto'o, Villa, Pedro, Neymar, Su?rez? If a player is good enough, he finds a way to play with Messi. It's not like Coutinho has dominated in Bundesliga.

From all these players you are mentioning only Suarez flourished with Leo because they are very close family friends. About Coutinho, you are right. To me, he is just overrated, even though people from Liverpool are insistent that he was a lot better player with them.

Andresito

Staff member
From all these players you are mentioning only Suarez flourished with Leo because they are very close family friends.

No they all did. We arguably played our and maybe history's best football in 2009 and 2011, you don't do that with 2 out of the 3 attackers not flourishing.

Porque

This market we will have to start from 0 and forget passed transfer fee's paid for the likes of Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann and received for the likes of Neymar.

Kante for Coutinho can improve our level. If we look at what Vidal could bring at 31/32 then Kante can give us two very good seasons. Same with Dembele. Can we find a swap for the first 11 that fits better our squad.

And Griezmann, can we manufacture a straight swap with Lautaro? Will Lautaro be the person who can lead our frontline.

All these can be good moves. But ultimately if the core of amigos is still starting next year it will still be futile.

Home of Barca Fans