Barca Transfers and Rumors

KluivertsBoots

Bergwijn went to Tottenham for 32m as well and completes the profile. If you had any misgivings about Carles Perez (not even factoring in Dembele or the fact Griezmann would inevitably occupy a move central role with Suarez out long term), the money should have gone towards a player who could help now and not a project such as Trincao and clearly not the latest desperation signing.

khaled_a_d

So, with Braithwaite signing I think we have spent 18M for him, 30M on Trincao, 7M on Fernandes. Most likely all count for our summer transfer budget. That is 55M already
On the other hand we will get 8M for Abel, 6M for Cucurella and potentially 13M for Carles Perez. That is 27M. So 28M difference already.
Unless we get some huge fee for one of our players (Coutinho/Dembele/Griezmann) we will most likely be on a tight budget next summer. 110M for Laturo, or 175M for Neymar and we are most likely done in the market without proper upgrades in midfield and defense.

Andresito

Staff member
It would be totally idiotic to spend more than 100M on a player who has a lot of question marks surrounding him. Lautaro and Neymar are both a huge gamble.

Barcilliant

Can someone tell me why we are not looking at the Wolves duo Neves and Jota?
They are quick and direct. Something we sorely need instead of snails like Suarez Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic.
They don't cost 100 million each either.

Messi983

Can someone tell me why we are not looking at the Wolves duo Neves and Jota?
They are quick and direct. Something we sorely need instead of snails like Suarez Arthur, Busquets and Rakitic.
They don't cost 100 million each either.

I don't think they would be cheap either. Wolves don't need to sell, they could play CL next season (just 5 points behind 4th place), Mendes is their agent AFAIK and every player's price goes up once we're interested. Yeah, probably not 100m but could easily be 70-80m and tbh I don't think they're worth that.

Another Wolves player I'd really like to see here is Raul Jimenez if he would be 2-3 years younger.

Porque

The issue isn't really selling Carles Perez. It was selling Carles Perez under the notion an attacker would come in to improve the frontline (Bakambu or *shudder* Rodrigo) then paying the buyout for Braithwaite in desperation.

But the profile of Braithwaite is fine, I am sure he will score a few goals and have a better impact than Boateng. He is not another Boateng to me.

Indeed we should always have a Braithwaite type bench profile who is happy to ride out his few opportunities each season before inevitably moving on for more minutes. Only difference is this should be planned so this profile can be signed on a free or low-cost opportunity of the market. Something I mentioned before.

And that is whats frustrating to me about this move as someone like Isak is exploding right now in LaLiga (coz this board loves LaLiga XP, saves on scouting airmiles) to which those 18m could be used towards signing.

KluivertsBoots

Give me Donyell Malen over Latauro. The Latauro hype is out of control, and I think he's more geared for the Premier League anyway with his style. Malen, on the other hand, is the more shrewd move. He's healing from a minor knee procedure, and is a big doubt for the Euros. This would keep his price down as well. Malen is the all-around forward Barca need to send Suarez to MLS.

jairzinho

I'm surprised that hardly anyone rates Werner here.

IMO he would be a good signing for us, much better than Lautaro and can play anywhere across the front line.

Batistuta9

IMO he would be a good signing for us, much better than Lautaro and can play anywhere across the front line.

I'd prefer buying werner for 60m than lautaro for 110m. Other users have said he is too dumb. I agree he isn't the smartest player, but he would be useful in our current team. He's one of the best forwards on the shoulder, similar to what neymar's role was in 2015. Messi will be able to play him in behind at will

mc_lovin

I'd prefer buying werner for 60m than lautaro for 110m. Other users have said he is too dumb. I agree he isn't the smartest player, but he would be useful in our current team. He's one of the best forwards on the shoulder, similar to what neymar's role was in 2015. Messi will be able to play him in behind at will

In the end its cheaper to go for the better talent. Werner vs Lautaro is a good player vs a potentially worldclass one. 110ME sounds excessive, and 80-100ME would be more reasonable, but if we are convinced by Lautaro we should go for him. For me he is without a doubt the most exciting striker to watch right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In the end its cheaper to go for the better talent. Werner vs Lautaro is a good player vs a potentially worldclass one. 110ME sounds excessive, and 80-100ME would be more reasonable, but if we are convinced by Lautaro we should go for him. For me he is without a doubt the most exciting striker to watch right now.

Would be good to include Rakitic or Vidal in a deal for Lautaro to bring the price down.

Batistuta9

Instead of neymar we could probably get both werner and lautaro after some sales. With both of them, arthur and de jong, they could hopefully be the core of our new team (all 22/23 years old) . We definitely need to invest in some young world class centre backs, our defence is a joke atm

I would sell coutinho, dembele, griezmann (just doesn't fit, will be 29 and sell before his value drops too much), umtiti, vidal and Rakitic. It's time to move on

Last edited:

serghei

I like Werner and like the German mentality. But isn't he also near 100m. or so?

Home of Barca Fans