Barca Transfers and Rumors

Barcilliant

I wanted Cavani when he was at Napoli.

He won't come here. Either Chelsea or AM will be his preferred destination.

There are no good number nines out there. In fact I'd say the overall quality and quantity of high class players has declined in the past five years.

gregorrin10

I wanted Cavani when he was at Napoli.

He won't come here. Either Chelsea or AM will be his preferred destination.

There are no good number nines out there. In fact I'd say the overall quality and quantity of high class players has declined in the past five years.

I'd honestly like for us to take a punt on Werner, if we can't get Lautaro for his existing release clause. These two are honestly the only two forwards in world football right now that tick all the boxes for me, they're quality already, yet still young, with bags of potential, they excite me and I think they would fit in well here too.

Messi983

Sport is saying Werner is an option (yeah right) while MD reports we're considering Auba (he's probably the most likely but I don't like him too much) and Rodrigo.

Cavani is not an option, apparently him and Suarez don't get on. Only one that remotely excites me out if these names is Auba. If he can destroy Valencia in an arsenal team he would surely do well here. I'd rather save the money for the summer than spend anything on anyobe else. What's available is just not good enough for Barca.

Messi983

Cavani is not an option, apparently him and Suarez don't get on.

Where did you get this from?

But yeah, he's not an option. PSG have rejected a 10m bid from AM. Even with his contract expiring they won't let him go for cheap and even less to us. He's just too expensive for a soon to be 33 and he also wants to play regular.

Giroud could be a good short-term option and he would be available for around 5M. Or get someone like Piatek on loan with a buy option. This are probably our most realistic options.

MTL_Barca

Don't think any stopgap 9 will really make a significant difference, but i could see them sign one anyway just. As long as they find someone better than Boateng it should at least help a little bit.

For the summer a real solution has to be found. Barca needs another reliable attacker unless Griezmann suddenly starts scoring every week and Dembele stays healthy and steps up too but both seem quite unrealistic as of now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans