Barca Transfers and Rumors

Arizona Scott

Potentially speaking:

Psg reportedly want coutinho+semedo+50mio for ney and we maybe offer them Coutinho+umtiti+50 mio. Who could be our new cb? Since we know PL teams wont sell, cause their transfer window is closed.
Koulibaly, to old and expensive.
Upamecano, to expensive. Other guy from Lepzig?

I like the 2nd group/deal much better than the 1st. We can always get an emergency vet like Murrillo in case Todibo isn't ready for 3rd/4th choice, I don't think big resources are needed in CB right now. Next summer we an check out one of the Lepzig guys, Tah, etc.

gregorrin10

Potentially speaking:

Psg reportedly want coutinho+semedo+50mio for ney and we maybe offer them Coutinho+umtiti+50 mio. Who could be our new cb? Since we know PL teams wont sell, cause their transfer window is closed.
Koulibaly, to old and expensive.
Upamecano, to expensive. Other guy from Lepzig?

Umtiti would've only been expendable if he'd have gotten De Ligt. Since we didn't, Umtiti should absolutely stay. See if his knees let him reach the heights he once reached. If not, make him finally go to surgery, and if he refuses, sell next summer.

Arizona Scott

Umtiti would've only been expendable if he'd have gotten De Ligt. Since we didn't, Umtiti should absolutely stay. See if his knees let him reach the heights he once reached. If not, make him finally go to surgery, and if he refuses, sell next summer.

His value would absolutely plummet further in this scenario. Kick him in the deal, if we get an extra 30 mil cash from it AND clean him off our wage bill. With the slower pace in france and advantage of PSG having the ball all day vs whomever they play--he might even look decent. But I don' this guys ever being world class in La Liga or EPL level sport again and he has a wage that suggests he should be.

I would be just as fine as a Murrillo type guy at a fraction of the cost (loan) of keeping Umtiti. This would have a vet + Todibo as cover (hey maybe even Busi in a real emergency). Then maybe next summer raiding the bundisliga for one of about 3 really pacey and impressive looking young CBs.

Riordon

Some might say I’m overreacting due to yesterday results but these are my thoughts for some time now.

Without Messi, we are a fucking average team. How many of our players would get into a world XI? Only Messi for me. What about 10 years ago? What about 5 years ago? Easily 5.

Take a look at the team. And even the new signings. We keep to get them wrong. Who has the potential to be the best at his position in a short time frame(two years)? Only De Jong, I would say.

Messi’s qualities are hidden all of this.

We need to rebuild the squad with a new coach who has clear ideas. I’m willing to go two or even three seasons trophyless to develop a new spine. We are basically Real 2010-2013 now. They got it right and then won 4 CL’s afterwards.

We need to rebuild. Semedo is shit, Pique has one/two season left, Lenglet not starter material, Alba declines fast, Busquets a shadow......and go on.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some might say I’m overreacting due to yesterday results but these are my thoughts for some time now.

Without Messi, we are a fucking average team. How many of our players would get into a world XI? Only Messi for me. What about 10 years ago? What about 5 years ago? Easily 5.

Take a look at the team. And even the new signings. We keep to get them wrong. Who has the potential to be the best at his position in a short time frame(two years)? Only De Jong, I would say.

Messi’s qualities are hidden all of this.

We need to rebuild the squad with a new coach who has clear ideas. I’m willing to go two or even three seasons trophyless to develop a new spine. We are basically Real 2010-2013 now. They got it right and then won 4 CL’s afterwards.

We need to rebuild. Semedo is shit, Pique has one/two season left, Lenglet not starter material, Alba declines fast, Busquets a shadow......and go on.

While I see your point, a big reason for our decline and lack of development when it comes to certain players is the chaotic, nonsense style of play and tactics, or lack thereof, implemented by Valverde. Any new player that joins the team looks worse because they usually come from a proper system or at least a defined role to a shithouse.

The only player able to shine through it is Messi because he's too good to be hindered by shitty tactics. Sure, just like for Argentina he might not win the big trophy aka the CL, but individually he's the team's only hope.

With a good manager I'm confident the Messidependencia wouldn't be such a huge problem. It would be a loss for sure, but we won't look like a mid-table team without him. More players will be able to shine too.

That said, you know how much I want a dominant midfield again and how highly I rate someone like Havertz or possibly Aouar, but it won't help without a manager who can implement a system with well defined roles.

Attacking patterns, a clear plan when it comes to transition from defense to attack, movement off the ball, etc.

Last edited:

Riordon

Agree, I’m even willing to go two seasons without trophy’s if we can get a coach with clear ideas and also exciting football.

I also think it will help with transfers if the coach knows what he wants. Now it just seems random. Why get Griezmann for him to play LW?

Ten Haag, for me. Pair him with some people with same ideas as him and let them run transfer. Overmaars too maybe?

malvolio

Agree, I’m even willing to go two seasons without trophy’s if we can get a coach with clear ideas and also exciting football.

I also think it will help with transfers if the coach knows what he wants. Now it just seems random. Why get Griezmann for him to play LW?

Ten Haag, for me. Pair him with some people with same ideas as him and let them run transfer. Overmaars too maybe?

Doesn't work like that here. Nobody goes 2 seasons trophyless and gets away with it. Not sure you can get away with one..
Also, with the GOAT in our team we are obliged to maximize our trophy cabinet since he won't be here for long. Then we'll eventually go without trophies even if we experiment or not

FC433

We need at least one winger if not two more. Bergwijn 40m (LW and RW), Olmo 30m (LW, CAM and RW) and Chukwueze 40m (RW)

xXKonan

[tw]1163564730646257667[/tw]

Says Juventus wants to give us Rugani a CB in order to land Miranda, but so far we aren't interested in the idea.

Toecrusher

Feel we need another forward...cant cut it the whole season with 32 year Messi, 33yr old over the hill Suarez, newbie in Griezmann, and total Jekyll and Hyde Dembele.

Carles Perez aint good enough.

Home of Barca Fans