Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Juve was close to signing him apparently. I could not find videos of him. Jun Nishikawa - Sebastian Sforza - Pedri - Ilaix Morbia - Nico - Txus Alba? (never seen him) Lots of promising midfielders.

Do you have any news about Nishikawa? Haven't heard about him since January.

SeloBarca

Neymar (which is most likely to happen due to demands from players, would rather have Sane)
Timo Werner
A quick agile AM like Iniesta
A CB
A RB (Kimmich to expensive? Atal?)

There is alot that has to be bought for massive amount of money.
Would sell Griezmann, Dembele, Rakitic, Umtiti or Lenglet, Roberto (which wont happen) Vidal, Coutinho and all loaned players.

Messi983

Kimmich is not even a RB anymore these days. He's mostly used as a DM but has also played some games at CB. I would love to get him but it's almost impossible.

gasgas

....Sane.....Haaland....Messi
..Arthur.....de jong...KDB
Alba..Upamecano....Pique.....Semedo
........................ter stegen

BarçaBarça

Yeah, I know there are some one-season-wonders included but in today's world not many players stay at "smaller" clubs long enough to have 2-3 consistent seasons there so we would be more sure they can make it here before buying them. Other top clubs go after them after their breakout season instead of risk losing them or their price go up even more if they perform for another season at a high level. And once they are in RM, PSG, City,... they are almost impossible to get unless they flop there (but then we're usually not interested anymore; though maybe in some cases those players should get a second chance if we can get them for cheap).

I agree, the biggest clubs must adapt and take a chance earlier. Before we could wait for a consistent breakthrough and buy, but now it's more difficult because everyone has money and prices has doubled. I think it is what the club is trying to do with Trincão for example, and that's fine by me.

I know it's hard to find the right strategy, Real and others haven't yet either. I think Real will eventually buy Mbappe for +300M, maybe 400M and that would be a great buy, but the waiting time until could still be trophyless, which is also expensive. Liverpool bought lesser players and WC coach to make them grow into a team. That is a great strategy but hard for a club of our size to do. As you, I hope we will try around the time when Messi leaves.

In other words I prefer to buy 3 or 4 players for 30-40m (50-60m nowadays) instead of spending 110m+ for one player. Our success ratio on the market is around 30-40% (I'm including players who are only squad players here not just starters) so we have better chances to get at least one solid contributor out of 4 players. People were critical to Robert Fernandez's summer of 2016 when he has bought Umtiti, Paco, Gomes, Digne and Denis (he was cheap because we had a buy-back). Umtiti was a great starter before injuries (which are mostly his fault because he has played through injury at the 2018 WC and then also didn't want a surgery when Barca doctors suggested) and we sold other players with not a big loss. Digne was also a very solid backup for two years but understandably wanted to leave to get more playing time at his age. Both Paco and Gomes also proved in other clubs they are good players but were just not a fit here (and in Paco's case also not given a fair chance because Messi's bestie Suarez has to play even when not totally fit). So that transfer window wasn't really all that bad all things considered. 2018 was ok as well with Arthur, Lenglet and Vidal all becoming solid contributors for not too overexaggerated fees in a new market though we've missed on some other opportunities as well to make our squad better.

I agree that 2016-window was alright and more realize now that it's hard to make great deals and make them work. Even De Jong doesn't automatically "fix" everything and makes us great again. It is our "superstar"-signings that has failed, in Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann so far (although I still have hopes for him) and we should evaluate that carefully. A strategy could be to buy cheaper players earlier in their breakthrough and hope. That would be smart economically and as long as we don't have a sporting project set in stone, then avoid the biggest fees right now, I'm aboard on that one. Salah and Mané in Liverpool wasn't record signings, but grew to be world class, we should learn from that.

What didn't change much is our (in)ability to sell players.

You're right so far, but Dembele and Coutinho will be defining for this story-line. It is not utopia to see desperate Chelsea, desperate Arsenal or manic PSG pay 100M for each of those players, which would be great sales right now. So, jury is still out in terms of how bad we are to sell players, imo.

Back to "one-season-wonders" in my plan:

We'd get Haaland in 2021 (he won't leave Dortmund this summer) or even in 2023/24 (as explained in previous post) when he'll have more than just one season behind him. But I'm convinced right now he's a real deal and he'll score at every level/club he'll play for.

Isak is more questionable I agree but I'd still prefer to take a risk with him for around half of Lautaro's price. I also like his profile better than Lautaro.

Aouar is pretty proven in Lyon and ready for a bigger club imo. If we won't get him now he'll go to another top team and likely be lost forever.

I haven't seen much of Soumare but I like his profile, we could get another similar player instead of him but I think we need that type of midfielder.

Upamecano is a very good market opportunity with his contract expiring and a buy out clause of 60m (which seems a lot I know but as explained above it's just a new market reality). He also fits a profile of a CB I think we need. If we can get someone similar for less then I'm fine with this as well. I'm not set on those players I've mentioned exclusively. They are my favourites but if we can find alternatives it's good as well. But Upamecano and Aouar would be my priorities. It's unlikely we'll get either one of them though because we'll spend money and time on Lautaro and probably Neymar as well (hopefully just our time and not also money though).

Other players (Emerson, Trincao, Todibo) I've mentioned are already under club control and they deserve to get a fair chance especially if we'll do a rebuild. Give them two full seasons at least to see what they can do. One season is not enough as most players need that time just to adapt. We'll probably be an average team not competing for major titles for a few seasons when Messi declines/leaves anyway but if we could at least build for a better future at the same time I'd feel much better.

Håland could come winter 2020 for 75M if this summer becomes a disaster-Neymar-summer once again, and I wouldn't be against that. Lautaro would most likely be part of lower price for one of our players (Vidal, Semedo) in exchange, but still too expensive as you say. The other names sound fine, but I think we should also aim for more De Jong-like transfers, not only less profiled transfers like Aouar or Soumare would be.

vuji_31

We can write what ever we want but most important thing is how bad they want Neymar. If they want to buy him then nothing from Aouar,Haaland,Upamecano,Werner, Lautaro, Isac or other players.

I would buy Upamecano,Ferran Torres, CM and LB.
I don't have many ideas for CM and LB.

I would sell Coutinho or Griezmann but it is realistic that board will not sell Griezmann after one season.Although he is playing so shit and his right foot is trash.

Kul_z

Sell rakitic for 20m to atletico. Sell vidal to china for 30m. Sell alba to whoever the fuck wants him for whatever price that is higher then 15m.
Sell alena for 10m.
Thats a lot of wage free'd.

Bring back todibo, cucurella.

Griezmann, coutinho, dembele could be used in swap deals because its hard to expect that we would get anything near 100m for any of them.

Coutinho - goretzka or alaba if this situation is ongoing
Griezmann - just hope not for neymar
Dembele - if klopp wants him, demand taa, vvd or mane or tell them to fuck off.

Mats, neto, semedo, roberto, lenglet, umtiti, todibo, pique, firpo, cucurella, busi, arthur, de jong, goretzka, messi, suarez, braithwait, mane.

Trincao and fernandes

Thats 20 players + griez + 70m on sales + whatever money is available for transfers, i think its something around 20m.

Griez + 90m available.

Thats easily two if not three very good to best players in their position excluding the very best/world class media hyped players.

We can play this right in the end.

Zidane82

Sell rakitic for 20m to atletico. Sell vidal to china for 30m. Sell alba to whoever the fuck wants him for whatever price that is higher then 15m.
Sell alena for 10m.
Thats a lot of wage free'd.

Bring back todibo, cucurella.

Griezmann, coutinho, dembele could be used in swap deals because its hard to expect that we would get anything near 100m for any of them.

Coutinho - goretzka or alaba if this situation is ongoing
Griezmann - just hope not for neymar
Dembele - if klopp wants him, demand taa, vvd or mane or tell them to fuck off.

Mats, neto, semedo, roberto, lenglet, umtiti, todibo, pique, firpo, cucurella, busi, arthur, de jong, goretzka, messi, suarez, braithwait, mane.

Trincao and fernandes

Thats 20 players + griez + 70m on sales + whatever money is available for transfers, i think its something around 20m.

Griez + 90m available.

Thats easily two if not three very good to best players in their position excluding the very best/world class media hyped players.

We can play this right in the end.
How could Rakitic play In Atletico’s hard pressing hard grafting system !?

He’d have a frickin heart attack

Home of Barca Fans