Barca Transfers and Rumors

mc_lovin

Theres no way we can afford 2 forwards. We have 3 midfielders when Rakitic and Vidal leave (+Alena, Roberto?). We need a CB as well. Best case for me would be ~100ME for an attacker, ~50ME for a CB and ~50ME for a midfielder. And even that is a stretch with our finances (and Trincao, Braithwaite). My preference would be:
1) Lautaro
2) Upamecano (was really impressive vs Bayern and "rather" cheap, dont think we can pull another Umtiti for 20ME out of the hat)
3) Partey, Camavinga, Soumare? At least a physical midfielder would be nice.

Havent watched Soumare though, Partey is happy in Madrid and Camavinga is Real bound, but maybe theres a chance with the latter. We definitely have the better perspective for Camavinga (+they sacked the one negotiating with Madrid).

Arthur-Camavinga-Frenkie looks great to me, but that depends on how people/our coaches see Frenkie - for me hes clearly a CM.

jairzinho

I like Werner and like the German mentality. But isn't he also near 100m. or so?

We should be able to get him for 60 million in the summer. It's a no brainer IMO. Everyone has their ideal striker, Werner is it for me.

I really don't get the hype around Martinez who seems more of a ss than an actual 9. Werner is closer to an actual 9 than him.

FC433

Theres no way we can afford 2 forwards. We have 3 midfielders when Rakitic and Vidal leave (+Alena, Roberto?). We need a CB as well. Best case for me would be ~100ME for an attacker, ~50ME for a CB and ~50ME for a midfielder. And even that is a stretch with our finances (and Trincao, Braithwaite). My preference would be:
1) Lautaro
2) Upamecano (was really impressive vs Bayern and "rather" cheap, dont think we can pull another Umtiti for 20ME out of the hat)
3) Partey, Camavinga, Soumare? At least a physical midfielder would be nice.

Havent watched Soumare though, Partey is happy in Madrid and Camavinga is Real bound, but maybe theres a chance with the latter. We definitely have the better perspective for Camavinga (+they sacked the one negotiating with Madrid).

Arthur-Camavinga-Frenkie looks great to me, but that depends on how people/our coaches see Frenkie - for me hes clearly a CM.

This is what I would do:

I would not get any additional players without selling what we have first. I believe that we need a CB and a CM.

Konate (Upamecano is priced, I believe, at 60m and he has only 1 year left on his contract, a bit too much) and Soumare.

Dembele/ Fati Griezmann/ Suarez Messi/ Trincao

Coutinho/ Puig FDJ/ Busquets Soumare/ Arthur

Firpo/ Alba CL/ Umtiti Konate/ Pique Semedo/ Roberto

MTS/ Neto

- If we manage to sell Coutinho, I would try to get either Ruiz or Sergej Milinkovic-Savic
- If we manage to sell either Dembele/ Suarez, I would go for either Werner/ Martínez/ Sane/ Richarlison
- I would like to get Tomás Esteves, but that is not realistic, unfortunately.
- I would also like to sell Busquets, Pique and Suarez, but that will not happen either.
- Vidal and Rakitic seem 80% out, which is good.

vuji_31

This is my team and why it should be like this if you ask me, and this is realistic one without some crazy players like KDB,Neymar or someone alse.

Well we concide goal every game so clearly we need to upgrade our defence.
LB : Alba and Firpo
RB : Semedo and Roberto
CB : Pique,Lenglet,Todibo,Upamecano

CDM: De Jong,Busqets
CM : Arthur,Alena,Fabian Ruiz,Puig,Roberto

LW: Fati,Dembele
ST: Griezmann,Suarez,Werner
RW: Messi,Trinicao

Sell : Coutinho (70 mil),Rakitic (15mil),Vidal (15mil) and Umtiti (20mil).
Buy : Fabian Ruiz (70mil),Werner (60mil) and Upamecano (60mil).

I dont think Barcelona will buy some other CDM because they god Busqets and De Jong who can covered it.
I think they will be going for Ruiz,because it is being linked a lot of time ago and he is one realistic option.
For striker I will choose Werner because Inter M will not accept trade, they want 110 millions which is too much already for half decent season.
Also Werner said that he would like to play in Spain.

I would not rule out selling of Dembele , Suarez or Griezmann because if player like Werner is cooming he will not be on the bench , while Trinicao and Fati will.
7 players is too much for our attack.

Also I am in doubt about Umtiti or Todibo staying in Barca

Last edited:

Messi983

Konate (Upamecano is priced, I believe, at 60m and he has only 1 year left on his contract, a bit too much) and Soumare.

I think Konate would be even more expensive than Upamecano. He's under contract until 2023 and RBL knows they will lose Upamecano who doesn't want to renew so they will sell him and keep Konate unless they would also get some crazy offer (around 100M) for him. Not to mention that Konate is injured for most of the season and has only played 5 games so far. He should be back soon and we'll see how he'll do then though.

We shouldn't hope Coutinho will suddenly start play well again under Setien and keep his astronomical wages (he probably also doesn't want to return at this point). Also don't have any hope for Dembele to stay healthy for more than a few months per season anymore so get whatever we can for him. I'd even loan him if we'll find a team willing to accept (most of) his wages to get some salary relief (this is a bigger problem for us than transfer fees) especially if we want to add some new big earners like Lautaro and Neymar (hopefully not to both of them but I believe at least one of them will be here next season).

You also forgot to add MB to your plans. I think he'll do enough to stay at least another season. ;)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People are overlooking the fact that Barca need to offer Dembele a contract extension if they keep him. They cannot sell him next year with a year left on his deal.

And why should we keep him anyway? Cut our losses with Dembele and Coutinho. We cannot rely on Dembele due to his injuries and Coutinho is just not good enough.

FC433

I think Konate would be even more expensive than Upamecano. He's under contract until 2023 and RBL knows they will lose Upamecano who doesn't want to renew so they will sell him and keep Konate unless they would also get some crazy offer (around 100M) for him. Not to mention that Konate is injured for most of the season and has only played 5 games so far. He should be back soon and we'll see how he'll do then though.

We shouldn't hope Coutinho will suddenly start play well again under Setien and keep his astronomical wages (he probably also doesn't want to return at this point). Also don't have any hope for Dembele to stay healthy for more than a few months per season anymore so get whatever we can for him. I'd even loan him if we'll find a team willing to accept (most of) his wages to get some salary relief (this is a bigger problem for us than transfer fees) especially if we want to add some new big earners like Lautaro and Neymar (hopefully not to both of them but I believe at least one of them will be here next season).

You also forgot to add MB to your plans. I think he'll do enough to stay at least another season. ;)

True. He could be anywhere between 70m to 80m. Close to MDL's price, but I genuinely believe that he is worth it. He is much better than Upamecano who has one year left on top of that. If Upamecano was priced at 40m, then I would not mind getting him, but for 60m? we may as well add another 20m and get a better CB. We could loan him for 15m with a mandatory 60m in summer 2021.

Messi983

People are overlooking the fact that Barca need to offer Dembele a contract extension if they keep him. They cannot sell him next year with a year left on his deal.

And why should we keep him anyway? Cut our losses with Dembele and Coutinho. We cannot rely on Dembele due to his injuries and Coutinho is just not good enough.

Agreed.

I would offer him a 1-year extension if he'd accept a 60-70% pay-cut (we could make him earn back this money in variables if he would actually stay healthy and perform well) so we could sell him easier. But this will never happen, lol.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Has anyone watched Angelino enough to know if he could be a option for LB?

The Man city Angelino? I'd say may not fit the profile we need as he doesnt seem that fast and isnt that great defensively, but if it was an option between him and Firpo id choose Angelino as he will have better combination plays and technique so will fit our team better.

The main issue is there doesn't seem to be that many out there atm so i don't really know who we could target instead.

TLDR: not quite the level we need but would do a solid job here.

Riordon

Nkunku from Leipzig is also a great player who we should consider for the midfield position. Fantastic pass selection, more of a complete CM (lacking a bit in defense though), can play box to box, advanced mid. Should be considered along with Upamecano/Konate.

Calvin Stengs is also impressive and can play offensive midfielder or right winger, his final balls are incredible. Could be Dortmund's Sancho replacement. Watch this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc2pwXycZx4

Plenty of young great players out there we don't have to pay 100+m for.

Last edited:

Messi983

Barcelona are close to sealing the signing of Hugo Guillamon, a promising left footed centre-back, 20, who on Saturday made his Valencia debut against Real Sociedad at the Reale Arena.

The U19 Euros winner, he would arrive for free in the summer with his Valencia contract up. Guillamon is a player that Barca have followed for some time and they believe he can adapt to their style of play.

The idea is that he joins the B team with the idea of soon getting into the first team squad - with a long contract set to be offered.

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barcelona-set-to-sign-hugo-guillamon-from-valencia-7860657

FC433

^
Poor move. We have already got a promising CB from Argentina who is only one year younger. Both are left-footed.

FC433

True, but that would make it hard to develop what we have or attract future ones. If other talents see us not caring about them, they will not come.

Home of Barca Fans