Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

I never thought anyone of Olmo, Ruiz or Ceballos looked really special, but from that lot I always thought Olmo was the best. I wouldnt mind him at all, he could be a very good squad player (at the very least).

What position will he play?

Messigician

Mino Raiola (player agent): "Why didn't De Ligt join Barça last summer? Barcelona thought: This is easy... Matthijs comes from Ajax, and Frenkie goes to us, so De Ligt comes to us too. That's not a good thought process. De Ligt is not just a player. And there is also Piqué." [vi] https://t.co/kf1qHOXN1W

Raiola: "According to many Dutch people, Barcelona is not a foreign club. For them it's like a Dutch club, so Matthijs has to go there and if that doesn't happen, then it's almost weird. I'm not into that."

Havesaks

Certainly de Ligt wouldn't have been worse off in Barca, in theory. I feel pretty certain the commission fee played a rather big part to this failed transfer. Where Mino is right, in a way, barca 'felt to sure about it' or was at least to lazy/ignorant in their approach; Ernestos unwillingness to talk with potential transfer targets is a matter of its own, but our board not realizing how desperate we needed a quality CB to pressure Pique and give him breaks. We aren't Barca of 2008-2012/2016 anymore. Need to sell ourself. If Piques situation was pointed out, plans to form de Ligt into a future cornerstone and specified on how and why we would do it, and with his friend Frenkie being here as well... I can't believe it wouldn't have changed his mind.

Then again de Ligt and Mino probably agreed on the commission fee, and if one club was willing to pay it, did he have a choice at the first place?

It sucks, but we should just have paid the fee.

Havesaks

Lukas Klostermann in stead of Semedo? Market value 35m, age 23, contract ends 2021, and playing club is Leipzig.

Is he a gem or your standard Semedo type player? Good but not really good enough to be permanent first choice here.

There must be something going on with that RB spot at least with all those rumours. This Roberto-thingy has been going on for too long, and as Semedo isn't the solution, is transferable for 40-50m, I'm pretty happy about us being linked with RB's.

JohnN

We have a real problem at right back, even though with all our problems it may seem small.
We can either play a really good defending right back in Semedo, who is kind of useless in attack, or a slightly more attacking right back in Sergi who is not good defensively. This won't cut it for a team like Barca.

gasgas

How about a dynamic team ey
With everyone tasked to make runs and runs and more runs because you will be found with a pass
For next season ey

Emerson......Pique.......Todibo.......Alba
...............de jong........arthur
Olmo..............eriksen...........Coutinho
........................messi...................

:stv172:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
How about a dynamic team ey
With everyone tasked to make runs and runs and more runs because you will be found with a pass
For next season ey

Emerson......Pique.......Todibo.......Alba
...............de jong........arthur
Olmo..............eriksen...........Coutinho
........................messi...................

:stv172:

that's genuinely atrocious lol

FCBfan22

Don't care about transfers as long as we don't change the coach.

He has the knowledge to make everyone play below their standard.

Rory

According to transfermarkt contracts that are expiring in 2021 so could potentially be bought for lower than market price:

23 or below
Sane LW,
Upamecano CB,
Klostermann RB,
Olmo CAM?,
Ferran Torres RW,

Above 23:

Alaba 27 LB,
Thiago 28 CM

Not saying I want these players but it's high time we brought some players in without blowing away our entire transfer budget. A large squad overhaul is needed, selling Coutinho and dembele would raise funds for 4 of these players to come in. That's not counting selling one if not both of Vidal and Rakitic. And at least one of Pique, Busquets or Suarez being moved on. Our transfer policy lately has been shocking

HT1214

How many shit cb will it buy till he know
that we just need one like Thiago

Barca should pay 100m to buy 1 vvd. But not buy 5 36m Lenglet. It can't fix any problem.
We did that before. We miss T.Silve and Hummels and buy the Arsenal captain.:pique:

Home of Barca Fans