Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Yeah, I've seen Fuchs was discussed in another thread. We should definitely follow him but don't know if he (the same probably stands for Pau Torres as well even though he's already establishing himself in La Liga) can be seen as someone who could get straight into our first XI which we'll most likely need from the next season. We already have some good CB talents like Todibo and Araujo who could be good 3rd/4th CB option for the future but we need a starter so I wouldn't mind to spend a bit more if we'll find the right player. I would actually gladly pay 80m for Konate if this would mean we won't buy Neymar.

Riordon

Yeah, I've seen Fuchs was discussed in another thread. We should definitely follow him but don't know if he (the same probably stands for Pau Torres as well even though he's already establishing himself in La Liga) can be seen as someone who could get straight into our first XI which we'll most likely need from the next season. We already have some good CB talents like Todibo and Araujo who could be good 3rd/4th CB option for the future but we need a starter so I wouldn't mind to spend a bit more if we'll find the right player. I would actually gladly pay 80m for Konate if this would mean we won't buy Neymar.

Agree, we need someone who can go into our starting 11 right away. But is Konate really that good? I have seen some games with him where he has been great and others he didn't impress. And thats for 80m. For 80m you usually get top CB's like Laporte, Van Dijk, etc...and not a talent. But lets see if he is really 80m, I think we might find a deal for 60m-ish.

I don't want Neymar either at all cost. The market for wingers is dire. Richarlison is my best bet.

khaled_a_d

Regarding Eriksen he has looked very poor lately, one can hope it’s due to the contract situation. Maybe we would be better of paying whatever Napoli want for Ruiz.

Discussed Bruno Fuchs yesterday. He for sure looks interesting and highly rated. He is very impressive playing out from the back. I must admit I don’t like the idea of paying 80m for Konate so hope we are looking at alternatives. Pau Torres also.

Where is the 80M figure coming from?

Porque

Was going to suggest keeping an eye on Marcus Thuram for that LW/ST role with Ansu but then I saw he's with F*cko Raiola.

I was never that much of Pogba fan, but the way Arthur and De Jong play together, he would be ideal 3rd MF option.

We need one beast in midfield, to win 3-4 balls every match, who is dominant in the air, has scoring ability. Even current Sissoko would be good in my opinion.

Zidane82

I was never that much of Pogba fan, but the way Arthur and De Jong play together, he would be ideal 3rd MF option.

We need one beast in midfield, to win 3-4 balls every match, who is dominant in the air, has scoring ability. Even current Sissoko would be good in my opinion.

That defensive position could be filled with one of so many options- it’s ridiculous that we are now light in that position

Andresito

Staff member
How good is Marc Roca? He was pretty impressive at U21 Euros.

Espanyol not looking very good and are currently in the relegation zone.

Riordon

We need to over the next two-three years to reconstruct our attack. In a 433 there are two templates we can construct our attack after

TEMPLATE 1
False 9/second striker/roaming striker and two wide players who can run in behind

Examples:

Mane-Firmino-Salah, Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale, Villa-Messi-Pedro

TEMPLATE 2
9 who can run in behind, one wide player who can run in behind, one wide player who is a great creator

Examples:

Neymar-Suarez-Messi, Sane-Aguero-Sterling, Ronaldinho-Eto’o-Messi, Henry-Eto’o-Messi

Right now we have a forward line filled with creators from Dembele to Messi, no balance or idea at all.

I don’t have any specific names in mind but personally I like template 1 more. Template 2 require a creative winger and these are typical generational players, Neymar, young Messi, Ronaldinho etc. Wide players who can run in behind are difficult to find but they exist.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans