Barca pre-season 2019

serghei

We pass too much to Messi, because Busi and Raki are static af and can't make a forward pass to save their lives.
FDJ combinations with Messi will be a joy to watch.
Add to that Arthur and a real workhorse like S.Roberto or Alena and we are ready to go.

Exactly. You have to be blind to not see the lack of movement and energy of Busquets and Rakitic. Most of the time they stand around like fucking poles while the 3rd midfielder is on the ball.

This is somehow OK for some, because Rakitic scores 3 goals per season in La Liga, 2 of which are for statistics.

But leave it for Valverde to completely fail to observe that the best midfield performance in preseason didn't have any of Busi and Rakitic in the formation. The clown will completely default to these two has-beens starting with the Bilbao game.

Last edited:

eaman

I'm not even talking about the final third. It's simple transitions to choose to pick Messi, when they could have looked for a wide player, especially during counter attacks.

They hope for Messi to dribble his way through when theres a much simpler option. Not the case with Ronaldo.

Not an exaggeration at all.

Ok but it's not all the time. And ya it wouldn't be the same with Ronaldo in those instances because he prefers the ball going wide for crosses into him and he also doesn't have the ability of Messi in the middle of the park

LMTR14

second half of last test was the first time dat team looked like actual barcelona! well I'm excited for the first game in 2 days...

serghei

Dembele played well in his last game, but he has a long way to go. We can't wait for him indefinitely so he can learn how to not misplace standard easy passes all the time. It's now into his 3rd season, these silly but very dangerous mistakes should've been eliminated from his game already.

It's justified that he will get on the bench as soon as Messi is back. He clearly is our 4th best forward. No complains here for me.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans