La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Centauri B

It's not just top3 being shit you know. This is a different landscape. We live in a time where for 2 seasons in a row 5th topscorer played for a team that got relegated last year. It's a time where teams associated with lower table are able, because their squad can be reasonably deep, to mount a run of games in autumn and earn enough points to never worry about going lower than 10th in the season. It's a time where no team really fears going bust and subsequent relegations due to wage disputes. A time where Odegaard makes Sociedad a top4 challenge and if they had at least one more talent of that kind, they'd be guaranteed that spot. It's very different to 10-15-20 years ago. There is hardly a team that doesn't have enough quality to put up a collective fight on a given day. These days it can so easily go tits up at half time. Any team against any other one.

As tight as the table may be right now, I am sure that Barca/Real/Atleti will separate themselves from the pack pretty soon. As for 4th place, it can go to just about any of the other 10 teams, with Valencia/Sevilla being the favorites. Maybe Villarreal as well.

El Gato

Villarato!
As tight as the table may be right now, I am sure that Barca/Real/Atleti will separate themselves from the pack pretty soon

But I think you've missed my point. Of course they can run away, they're still the wealthiest and with most quality. But we're no longer in a time where any given lower table side is practically guaranteed to lose by 3+ goals against anyone from top10. Gradation of clubs does not exist as much anymore, 4-15 is basically a shuffle and thus any of them can be strong on their day. This is why I kind of sympathise with the 'there are no easy games anymore' narrative by Ramos, Busquets, Valverde, Zidane, Mourinho.., because it IS partly true.

Last edited:

serghei

It's not just top3 being shit you know. This is a different landscape. We live in a time where for 2 seasons in a row 5th topscorer played for a team that got relegated last year. It's a time where teams associated with lower table are able, because their squad can be reasonably deep, to mount a run of games in autumn and earn enough points to never worry about going lower than 10th in the season. It's a time where no team really fears going bust and subsequent relegations due to wage disputes. A time where Odegaard makes Sociedad a top4 challenge and if they had at least one more talent of that kind, they'd be guaranteed that spot. It's very different to 10-15-20 years ago. There is hardly a team that doesn't have enough quality to put up a collective fight on a given day. These days it can so easily go tits up at half time. Any team against any other one.

Except on Camp Nou where everything is still the same as in recent seasons and teams are still too scared to play their game. And this is why we are still favorites for the title, in spite of everything.

Messigician

But I think you've missed my point. Of course they can run away, they're still the wealthiest and with most quality. But we're no longer in a time where any given lower table side is practically guaranteed to lose by 3+ goals against anyone from top10. Gradation of clubs does not exist as much anymore, 4-15 is basically a shuffle and thus any of them can be strong on their day. This is why I kind of sympathise with the 'there are no easy games anymore' narrative by Ramos, Busquets, Valverde, Zidane, Mourinho.., because it IS partly true.

LOL too bad a shitter like Valverde nearly went unbeaten with the weakest Barca team ever and you trying to sell this stronger league bullshit

Vilarrubi

Except on Camp Nou where everything is still the same as in recent seasons and teams are still too scared to play their game. And this is why we are still favorites for the title, in spite of everything.

+1 This is why Valverde shouldn't be credited too much for the La Liga titles. We've won 8 titles in the last 11 years, two of the years we didn't win we were only 3 points behind (one with Tata lol) and we have Messi who has made La Liga his bitch. The theory that we could be worse without Valverde because he's won those La Liga's is laughable, as I just said in another thread we could win most home games with a plank of wood as manager.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Damn Real are gaining form. Hazard looking good this game and I gotta say Mendy is looking like steal so far.

George_Costanza

pHa1vNM.png

Home of Barca Fans