La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Messi983

F*** RM, refs and the title. We have a chance to send Asspanyol to Segunda on Wednesday.

I wouldn't mind if this would be the only game we would win for the rest of the season eventhough a draw would be enough to send them packing.

raskolnikov

Look how clueless and in denial Madrid Fans are. Now imagine them wearing ref outfits. How would they ever be objective? That goes for 9/10 refs.

They are really lying to themselves convinced that this is a fair la liga victory.
Or have casuals push the "sometimes you are lucku, sometimes you are not" narrative.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This would not have been a discussion had Barca not been garbage. Whether they are valid or not, looking for excuses to justify the team completely losing it will do nobody any good.

Givenchy

This would not have been a discussion had Barca not been garbage. Whether they are valid or not, looking for excuses to justify the team completely losing it will do nobody any good.

exactly. La liga has been poor this season, both Barca and Madrid are looking average these days we just happened to play more shit than they did

ofc Madrid will get the benefit of the decisions from refs, nothing new there. if VAR actually worked and we had it 4 years ago they also wouldn't of won those 3 CLs in a row

jamrock

Didn't see the game, but Madrid benefited from another iffy ref call again? Not surprised.

I swear real Madrid has to be the luckiest team in the world, whether it be in the Cl or la liga. They truly have me believing in voodoo.

But if we did our jobs it wouldn't have mattered.

serghei

Us being shit this season and Madrid being backed by VAR and refs are two separate discussions. Seems like the only way to win La Liga is for us to be great and have a good amount of points advantage over Madrid.

When both are good, or both are mediocre, they will cheat their way to the title as per usual in recent times.

Last edited:

Catta

Didn't see the game, but Madrid benefited from another iffy ref call again? Not surprised.

I swear real Madrid has to be the luckiest team in the world, whether it be in the Cl or la liga. They truly have me believing in voodoo.

But if we did our jobs it wouldn't have mattered.

Its not luck, its corruption.

KingLeo10

Us being shit this season and Madrid being backed by VAR and refs are two separate discussions. Seems like the only way to win La Liga is for us to be great and have a good amount of points advantage over Madrid.

When both are good, or both are mediocre, they will cheat their way to the title as per usual in recent times.

Yup, don't understand the defeatist "we didn't deserve to win" narrative.

In fact, that is a major problem with Barca fans. You can win without being at your best. Just because we've won all 5 of our CL that way doesn't mean it's the only way and we should accept favoritism.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My problem is this excuse being used by certain fans and media members to claim that this Barca team is good enough to win major titles when in fact they are not, and even if they are, I'd rather something drastic to incur for major changes to happen.

serghei

Yup, don't understand the defeatist "we didn't deserve to win" narrative.

In fact, that is a major problem with Barca fans. You can win without being at your best. Just because we've won all 5 of our CL that way doesn't mean it's the only way and we should accept favoritism.

Yea, because in the end every title matters.

My problem is this excuse being used by certain fans and media members to claim that this Barca team is good enough to win major titles when in fact they are not, and even if they are, I'd rather something drastic happen for major changes to happen.

This Barca team is not good enough, but if we still win, because Madrid can't speculate that, than we should be allowed to. This title fight would be neck and neck even right now without the blatant favoritism post lockdown.

serghei

And about that piece of shit Manzano, this guy is tied year after year with some of the biggest referee errors connected to Madrid. If there's a ref that is crooked in this league, it's him.

snowy

I think soon PSG will bottle the bottling job and win it.

They won't just win it, they'll wine it :neymar:

100 Parker Points

2_1.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
"the VAR official, Gil Manzano alleged that there was no intent on behalf of Ramos to upend his opponent, but that's not the issue. The intention aspect has been removed from the rule book so this too is a spot-kick".

How do you expect anyone to care about the quote if you don't provide the source?

Imo they should do as in tennis and allow the coach and/or captain to call for a challenge (or in this case VAR review) when they feel a decision is not right. Much better than just allowing the referees to use the VAR when only themselves want to.

How do you expect this to work?

Ref A makes a decision
VAR says look again
Ref A looks, sticks with it
Coach uses challenge
VAR looks, sticks with it

or

A makes a decision
Coach says challenge
VAR/ref A checks, sticks with it

Challenges solve almost nothing and work on the assumption a challenge will make the referee change his mind, which won't help anyone since the ref makes the initial decision over his understanding of the protocol.

Just because we've won all 5 of our CL that way doesn't mean it's the only way and we should accept favoritism.

Prove the favouritism.

Home of Barca Fans