User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win La Liga?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atlético de Madrid

12 23.08%
  • FC Barcelona

27 51.92%
  • Real Madrid

9 17.31%
  • Sevilla

1 1.92%
  • Others (please specify which team)

3 5.77%
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: La Liga 2019/20

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    It's not just top3 being shit you know. This is a different landscape. We live in a time where for 2 seasons in a row 5th topscorer played for a team that got relegated last year. It's a time where teams associated with lower table are able, because their squad can be reasonably deep, to mount a run of games in autumn and earn enough points to never worry about going lower than 10th in the season. It's a time where no team really fears going bust and subsequent relegations due to wage disputes. A time where Odegaard makes Sociedad a top4 challenge and if they had at least one more talent of that kind, they'd be guaranteed that spot. It's very different to 10-15-20 years ago. There is hardly a team that doesn't have enough quality to put up a collective fight on a given day. These days it can so easily go tits up at half time. Any team against any other one.
    As tight as the table may be right now, I am sure that Barca/Real/Atleti will separate themselves from the pack pretty soon. As for 4th place, it can go to just about any of the other 10 teams, with Valencia/Sevilla being the favorites. Maybe Villarreal as well.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Centauri B View Post
    As tight as the table may be right now, I am sure that Barca/Real/Atleti will separate themselves from the pack pretty soon
    But I think you've missed my point. Of course they can run away, they're still the wealthiest and with most quality. But we're no longer in a time where any given lower table side is practically guaranteed to lose by 3+ goals against anyone from top10. Gradation of clubs does not exist as much anymore, 4-15 is basically a shuffle and thus any of them can be strong on their day. This is why I kind of sympathise with the 'there are no easy games anymore' narrative by Ramos, Busquets, Valverde, Zidane, Mourinho.., because it IS partly true.
    Last edited by Wolfe; 3rd November 2019 at 11:18 PM.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More feels like the level of Barca, real and ATM has dropped a lot than other clubs being stronger.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just top3 being shit you know. This is a different landscape. We live in a time where for 2 seasons in a row 5th topscorer played for a team that got relegated last year. It's a time where teams associated with lower table are able, because their squad can be reasonably deep, to mount a run of games in autumn and earn enough points to never worry about going lower than 10th in the season. It's a time where no team really fears going bust and subsequent relegations due to wage disputes. A time where Odegaard makes Sociedad a top4 challenge and if they had at least one more talent of that kind, they'd be guaranteed that spot. It's very different to 10-15-20 years ago. There is hardly a team that doesn't have enough quality to put up a collective fight on a given day. These days it can so easily go tits up at half time. Any team against any other one.
    Except on Camp Nou where everything is still the same as in recent seasons and teams are still too scared to play their game. And this is why we are still favorites for the title, in spite of everything.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I think you've missed my point. Of course they can run away, they're still the wealthiest and with most quality. But we're no longer in a time where any given lower table side is practically guaranteed to lose by 3+ goals against anyone from top10. Gradation of clubs does not exist as much anymore, 4-15 is basically a shuffle and thus any of them can be strong on their day. This is why I kind of sympathise with the 'there are no easy games anymore' narrative by Ramos, Busquets, Valverde, Zidane, Mourinho.., because it IS partly true.
    LOL too bad a shitter like Valverde nearly went unbeaten with the weakest Barca team ever and you trying to sell this stronger league bullshit

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Except on Camp Nou where everything is still the same as in recent seasons and teams are still too scared to play their game. And this is why we are still favorites for the title, in spite of everything.
    +1 This is why Valverde shouldn't be credited too much for the La Liga titles. We've won 8 titles in the last 11 years, two of the years we didn't win we were only 3 points behind (one with Tata lol) and we have Messi who has made La Liga his bitch. The theory that we could be worse without Valverde because he's won those La Liga's is laughable, as I just said in another thread we could win most home games with a plank of wood as manager.
    #ValverdeOUT

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    La Liga feels very weak right now. Reminds me of the Premier League when Leicester City won it

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vamos Celta. @Devils
    #ValverdeOUT

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madrid looking class.
    #ValverdeOUT

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Real are gaining form. Hazard looking good this game and I gotta say Mendy is looking like steal so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Valverde cheerleader in his natural habitat View Post
    Good, let them win the overrated CL and we'll continue to dominate La Liga.
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    CNN is probably the most reliable source of news

#factsfirst
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBZ sweating bullets his beloved EV won't get a free Liga title.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am watching madrid play
    They look much better than we do
    I will cling to that old rugged cross and exchange it someday for a crown

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    I am watching madrid play
    They look much better than we do
    I thought you didn't watch football.

Now you got time for both EV barca AND Madrid?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    I thought you didn't watch football.

Now you got time for both EV barca AND Madrid?
    I got a paid subscription, am unemployed with time in my hands
    I will cling to that old rugged cross and exchange it someday for a crown

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.