La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Vilarrubi

Madrid won’t be playing home games at the Bernabeu when the league resumes. Games to be played at the Alfredo Di Stefano Stadium.

Andresito

Staff member
Madrid won?t be playing home games at the Bernabeu when the league resumes. Games to be played at the Alfredo Di Stefano Stadium.

God damn toilet renovations again :mou:

No but honestly, smart and opportunistic to do renovations now and minimize the loss of income.
Somebody will have to correct me on this but I heard they won't play at Bernabeu even at the start of next season due to these renovations.

El Gato

Villarato!
I think that is the case indeed. Plays very well into the current situation actually. Di Stefano minimises the ticket revenue, but also decreases the impact of any assholes breaking the social distancing guidelines if crowd gatherings are eventually allowed come September.

Will be so weird seeing Hazard etc play at a Castilla stadium tho, as if it's some friendly in Morocco :lol:

TrueCule

I noticed an interesting pattern in Bundesliga after the corona outbreak. If I counted correctly, there were 8 home wins and 36 matches were played after the resume of the competition, which is only 22.22%. In addition two of these wins were comfortable Bayern's wins. That's shockingly bad for the home teams. I wonder if this will reflect in La Liga matches too. I think that it will reflect there too and that home teams won't have such an edge they would've had if they played in front of the home crowd. Tbh this will probably suit us more since we had more trouble getting good results in away matches in the past, especially in the CL.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I noticed an interesting pattern in Bundesliga after the corona outbreak. If I counted correctly, there were 8 home wins and 36 matches were played after the resume of the competition, which is only 22.22%. In addition two of these wins were comfortable Bayern's wins. That's shocking bad for the home teams. I wonder if this will reflect in La Liga matches too. I think that it will reflect there too and that home team won't have such an edge they would've had if they played in front of the home crowd. Tbh this will probably suit us more since we had more trouble getting good results in away matches in the past, especially in the CL.

True but Camp Nou is our fortress.. so downside and benefit.

Andresito

Staff member
True but Camp Nou is our fortress.. so downside and benefit.

I don't think the fans are what makes Camp Nou a tough ground. The size of the stadium and the pitch has an intimidation factor, one that Madrid won't have now that they don't play at Bernabeu.
Let's just hope we get the Bundesliga effect when playing away.

Horatio

You're welcome
also lets not forget the quality of the soil; length of grass, amount of water sprinkled. Barca still relies on its passing game, so different conditions of the soil and grass affects them tremedously.

FinBarcelonafan

also lets not forget the quality of the soil; length of grass, amount of water sprinkled. Barca still relies on its passing game, so different conditions of the soil and grass affects them tremedously.

Exactly. Villains will always overflow the pitch when Barca is playing. Making the game less about skill on ball. Easy to stop Barca.

TrueCule

Atletico's old stadium also had such grass that didn't suit our team. They deliberately made it that way so it was harder for our team to play there.

soul24rage

New fixtures have been announced:

vs Sevilla away - Friday, June 19
vs Bilbao at home - Tuesday, June 23

Only 2 days of rest for each match for Barca.

For RM:

vs Sociedad away - Sunday, June 21
vs Mallorca at home - Wednesday, June 24

Messi983

15915568546845.jpg

Andresito

Staff member
Statistically sure. But home/away advantage is gone, Madrid will even play at their reserve stadium, so the prerequisities are very different now.

Home of Barca Fans