La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

KingLeo10

Zidane will have won 2 Ligas and 3 CLs (maybe 4?) in 4 years of managing in the top flight. That is outrageous. I don't rate him all that much tactically, but credit where credit is due.

Winning mentality.

That combined with a talented set of players as he had usually gets great results. Don't need to be a master tactician.

fergus90

Zidane will have won 2 Ligas and 3 CLs (maybe 4?) in 4 years of managing in the top flight. That is outrageous. I don't rate him all that much tactically, but credit where credit is due.

What Madrid have is fight and desire, Ramos for all his aggravating behaviour is a true leader and fights to win everything, that kind of fire has gone since Puyol and Xavi left.

Zidane of course was a legendary footballer he instantly garners respect from any player who's managed by him. I think they've got La Liga in the bag for certain, however City I fancy will brush them aside as they've looked very sharp since the restart too.

Morten

What Madrid have is fight and desire, Ramos for all his aggravating behaviour is a true leader and fights to win everything, that kind of fire has gone since Puyol and Xavi left.

Zidane of course was a legendary footballer he instantly garners respect from any player who's managed by him. I think they've got La Liga in the bag for certain, however City I fancy will brush them aside as they've looked very sharp since the restart too.

Its not as simple as having been a great player, there are plenty of examples where previous star players failed as coaches.

fergus90

Its not as simple as having been a great player, there are plenty of examples where previous star players failed as coaches.

I never said it was as simple as that, but it helps when people under you respect you. Being Zinedine Zidane definitely helps with that, especially when he's also managing World Cup winners and multiple CL winners. You contrast that with the current situation at Barca it's night and day.

In fact you can say that applies to sports club of any level, there's been a few times at football teams I've been played for where the majority of players don't like a manager, so your willingness to fight for everything is non existent, even at those much lower levels.

Morten

I dont think Zidane is bad tactically.
If you compare us to last season, its obvious Zidane have us better set up defensively, we are simply better organized.

Its not groundbreaking, but its something

El Gato

Villarato!
He hasn't done anything different tactically to improve D. Defensive solidity is almost solely the effect of introducing Mendy and Fede.

Morten

Did you see Man city thrash Liverpool 4-0?

Tbf, Liverpool had nothing to play for and had just celebrated winning the title.

That said, its all well and good keeping clean sheets against teams like Getafe, i dont see how we are going to keep City from scoring.

They can be vulnerable at the back, but do we have the firepower to outscore them? Doubtful.

El Gato

Villarato!
I like the personnel choice today, but no idea why Zidane insists on Asensio LW and Rodrygo RW. Seriously reduces our attacking potential.

Home of Barca Fans