La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

serghei

Pretty interesting battle in the relegation zone. Is there 1 single team that is almost certain to get relegated? I think not. I think Leganes and Eibar are the 'favorites' to go to segunda this season.

El Gato

Villarato!
Difficult to think Leganes will survive without Braithwaite and En-Nesyri.

Mallorca are also probably not good enough, home record far too poor.

Espanyol have a run of rather easier fixtures so should get enough points to get up to 18th.

The only other team I think may still be in the conversation is Valladolid, but they're alright at home.

Messi983

I think Lega is as good as relegated. You can't win games when you can't score.

I've said about Mallorca yesterday they'll probably need to get more points from away games but they have a very difficult schedule there still playing against some top teams. Home games against Celta and Leganes will so be crucial.

Espanyol have an important game at Valladolid today but they'll again be without RDT. I still think Abelado will eventually save them.

Celta is in good form (7 points in last 3 games) and have good enough team to be saved but I'm still not totally sure about them.

Eibar doesn't really look good this season but they still have a lot of experience in these situations so I expect them to stay up.

I think Alaves could still get in troubles but in opposite to other teams in the relegation battle they have not one but actually two players who can score (Joselu and L.Perez both with 9 goals) so this could save them.

Should be interesting until the end, the same as a competition for European spots. There are currently just 6 points difference between 3rd Getafe and 9th Granada. And we have two important games later today. Getafe vs Sevilla and AM vs Villarreal.

CatalinR10

ASSpanyol losing away to Valladolid.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
There were only 3 choices based on RFEF criteria (a referee cannot be allocated for 2 games of a given team in the same calendar month):
1) Lahoz
2) Munuera Montero (recently reffed Barca - Mallorca 5:2; Getafe - Madrid 0:3 or in 18/19 Barca - Eibar 2:2 and Madrid - Sociedad 0:2)
3) De Burgos Bengoetxea (Madrid - Levante 3:2; Barca - Villarreal 2:1; Valladolid - Madrid 0:1)

Neither of the others reffed any major Derby as far as I can see. On paper De Burgos only had one hard game, Atleti vs Sevilla in 18/19.
E: Correction, De Burgos did ref a SuperCopa Clasico in 2017/18, the game that ended 1:3 to Madrid at Camp Nou. And Liga Madrid Derby in 16/17 ending 1:1, as well as Valencia - Madrid 2:1 in that same season. He's also a European & international licensed. So I guess he's not so green.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans