La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

George_Costanza

Wow, Zidane is almost as bad as EV. I mean there are many similarities between the two like if a Madrid player performs very well i.e (F. Valverde), he is on the bench the next game. :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
I watched a bit of Madrid and fell asleep. Just woke up. Ended 0-0? :lol:

How bad you have to be to fail to score at home against this Betis side? I remember them on Camp Nou being comical.

We'd probably beat them away. It's Bernabeu in most cases. They're far better when half a stadium isn't booing them half an hour in.

Vilarrubi

Still can’t get over the fact we lost to Levante and both Madrid’s didn’t capitalise LOL

A couple of seasons ago Real would have jumped at the chance of going above us when we fuck up.. Valverde seems to have stolen Zidane’s black magic from his previous time at Madrid.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nowt to do with Valverde. It’s CR. And it’s nothing to do with his goals. Read Marcelo’s players tribune piece.

serghei

Nowt to do with Valverde. It’s CR. And it’s nothing to do with his goals. Read Marcelo’s players tribune piece.

Not only CR. Ramos, too. And some of the others. Your team has had great leaders in these big moments on CL. It is a matter of mentality. There are different ways of winning. We've won by being better and more skilled than everybody else. You guys won by imposing your will to win over others.

You can't win 4 out of 5 CLs just by being more skilled than the competition. Pep's Barcelona couldn't do that, you can't have skill superiority over all big moments in all big games. And when you invariably don't, you have to know how to suffer and impose your will on the opponent. Something we didn't do vs Inter or Chelsea, even though we had great superiority skill-wise and football wise. Ronaldo and Ramos were the best at this, and this is why I can't hate them no matter what they do.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Not only CR. Ramos, too. And some of the others. Your team has had great leaders in these big moments on CL. It is a matter of mentality. There are different ways of winning. We've won by being better and more skilled than everybody else. You guys won by imposing your will to win over others.

You can't win 4 out of 5 CLs just by being more skilled than the competition. Pep's Barcelona couldn't do that, you can't have skill superiority over all big moments in all big games. And when you invariably don't, you have to know how to suffer and impose your will on the opponent. Something we didn't do vs Inter or Chelsea, even though we had great superiority skill-wise and football wise. Ronaldo and Ramos were the best at this, and this is why I can't hate them no matter what they do.

Ramos fed of CR as well, they had many clashes over team issues, but undoubtedly that duo was what made us serial winners. I mean, when Ramos succumbs to a very similar rhetoric that Busi uses i.e. games are more even now than ever before, then you know it's not the Ramos of old. But it doesn't matter, he's still the guy you'd run into the fire with.

Still the only real cure is to replace the players that lost their steel touch and let the newbies forge it. Give it 2 years. Summer 2021 will be the time of judgement and fight between Barca and Real in the run for Mbappe. Whoever wins this battle will likely be the next serial Liga winner.

serghei

Ramos fed of CR as well, they had many clashes over team issues, but undoubtedly that duo was what made us serial winners. I mean, when Ramos succumbs to a very similar rhetoric that Busi uses i.e. games are more even now than ever before, then you know it's not the Ramos of old. But it doesn't matter, he's still the guy you'd run into the fire with.

Still the only real cure is to replace the players that lost their steel touch and let the newbies forge it. Give it 2 years. Summer 2021 will be the time of judgement and fight between Barca and Real in the run for Mbappe. Whoever wins this battle will likely be the next serial Liga winner.

Yea, but I don't think it's simply the absence of Ronaldo. The cycle looks done. You are basically us post Guardiola. It's hard to regain that. It sounds like a cliche, but things really do go in cycles.

Sure, you need to build a new team, like we do. It's Liverpool's time now. They have a hot team rolling on full tilt, with maybe City as the main challenger. Barca, Madrid, Bayern, are forging a new cycle. It's gonna take time until one of them lands a manager who is skilled at building a cycle. It's gonna take more than what Zidane did before.

Don't think Mbappe is a guarantee of any sorts btw. Like who gets Mbappe is gonna dominate for sure. It's about the manager more. Who gets a manager that doesn't sing the tune of the veterans will build a new generation faster. Someone who is hard willed, a bit dictatorial and very competent. So far, both Valverde (actually the biggest veteran nuthugger out there) and Zidane don't seem willing to take the ship from the veteran's hands and into new waters.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea, but I don't think it's simply the absence of Ronaldo. The cycle looks done. You are basically us post Guardiola. It's hard to regain that. It sounds like a cliche, but things really do go in cycles.

Sure, you need to build a new team, like we do. It's Liverpool's time now. They have a hot team rolling on full tilt, with maybe City as the main challenger. Barca, Madrid, Bayern, are forging a new cycle. It's gonna take time until one of them lands a manager who is skilled at building a cycle. It's gonna take more than what Zidane did before.

It will and if it is Zidane for the time being then so be it, Madrid fans should have no animosity towards the guy who could have easily dodged the bullet, but came back and is doing what he feels we need at the moment.

I think most of it with the current side was Ronaldo. Several players are adjusting and finding their groove again under Zidane without Cristiano because they're still able (Kroos, Casemiro, Benzema), but some are clearly finished or nearly there indeed i.e. Marcelo, Modrić, Ramos. Also looks like Varane and Hazard utility are the next big worry. The former might be a bigger problem than the latter too.
All in all, including all the other positives like Fede Valverde, brave young guys in Reguilon, Mendy, Hakimi, Rodrygo and Vini, possibly Jović, maaaaaaaaybe Ceballos down the line, I think positives weigh out the negatives of the current affairs. I certainly think we're better for it than you lot are going to be. You'll honestly, honestly find it impossible to fill the mental void of any guys who have ever played with or play in a similar way peak Messi did. Same goes for supporters who will find it very hard to let the memory go. No RW will be treated normally in the next decade by the fans, always going to be through a certain prism. And only those 'untainted' by playing next to a GOAT will be able to play without the complex.

It's only annoying most people, because it gives a shitty Barcelona side more historical statistics than they deserve. I don't particularly care. People heed the numbers too much and we all know which titles and eras are and should be most cherished.

Last edited:

serghei

I frankly see us in the same boat more or less. If we get an inspiring manager, something we've lacked for a long long time, I think we'll be great. There's some important pieces missing for the reconstruction to properly happen and this is valid for both teams.

It doesn't help that both the fan bases demand big titles every year. So it's not like you can focus on the next 2-3 seasons and forget about trying to win La Ligas and CLs in the meantime.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The gap between the 1st and the 13th place is only 5 points. Thanks to everyone being shit we are having the most competitive season in ages.

El Gato

Villarato!
The gap between the 1st and the 13th place is only 5 points. Thanks to everyone being shit we are having the most competitive season in ages.

It's not just top3 being shit you know. This is a different landscape. We live in a time where for 2 seasons in a row 5th topscorer played for a team that got relegated last year. It's a time where teams associated with lower table are able, because their squad can be reasonably deep, to mount a run of games in autumn and earn enough points to never worry about going lower than 10th in the season. It's a time where no team really fears going bust and subsequent relegations due to wage disputes. A time where Odegaard makes Sociedad a top4 challenge and if they had at least one more talent of that kind, they'd be guaranteed that spot. It's very different to 10-15-20 years ago. There is hardly a team that doesn't have enough quality to put up a collective fight on a given day. These days it can so easily go tits up at half time. Any team against any other one.

Home of Barca Fans