La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

serghei

You don't have to be a genius to see when the title fight is very close, Madrid suddenly get many mistakes in their favor in most of their hard games. Especially in the 2nd part of the season. And we get the contrary. When the title is decided earlier, those mistakes magically don't happen anymore.

Problem is Madrid are the emblem team of Spain, and Barcelona is a Catalan club often associated with the pro-separatist movement, and anti-Spanish values. Most referees are probably Real Madrid fans. No matter how hard you try to hide that, this will always influence some decisions they make.

It's in a way normal that a club booing the national team of Spain on their stadium don't get fair treatment in the Spanish league from Spanish refs, especially when up against Spain's emblem club. It's sort of like Madrid was playing in a Catalan league. Imagine the "mistakes" that would happen in key games against them. As long as the politics are the way they are, there will always be solid grounds for possible bias against us, when in close duels with Real Madrid.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yep. Don't have to be a genius to see all this gunk is media fodder designed to appeal to guys like serghei :)

El Gato

Villarato!
Solid argument.

Still waiting for proof for this conspiracy, favouritism or whatever you call it. Can't wait. Just warn me when you're going to provide it so I can go get some decent beer.

KingLeo10

This whole burden of evidence is sort of funny.

Generally, people who assess evidence for an alternative hypothesis (RM being favored) against a null hypothesis (no favoritism) don't have an intrinsic link towards one of the hypothesis being true. You being a RM fan are going to tend to weigh evidence towards the null and us being Barca fans will tend to weight evidence towards the alternate.

There isn't any science to this. It's all opinions and in the end, neither party will convince the other.

serghei

Generally, people who assess evidence for an alternative hypothesis (RM being favored) against a null hypothesis (no favoritism) don't have an intrinsic link towards one of the hypothesis being true. You being a RM fan are going to tend to weigh evidence towards the null and us being Barca fans will tend to weight evidence towards the alternate.

There isn't any science to this. It's all opinions and in the end, neither party will convince the other.

Some Madrid narrow title losses where they score goals 1 m in and are disallowed, or opponents play 2 keepers and get away with it would help. :lol:

I've been watching La Liga constantly for over 15 years and I've yet to see such things happening to Madrid.

While we were robbed almost every other game, the refs in Villareal - Madrid 2-3, were seen leaving the stadiums with Madrid bags after dictating one of the most hilarious penalties ever seen.

El Gato

Villarato!

Only if you're being utterly dishonest about the data.
You and I both know that the very least people could do is do their legwork WRT the data i.e. assemble an honest database through one season in Microsoft Excel with relevant links + videos/gifs of the best possible quality showing incidents in question, and upload it to Google Sheets or something. Calls in favour and calls against. Yellow cards, pens given/missed, red card given/missed. It's not hard to do at all. Point is these vacuous fools can't be arsed to do it or are too stupid to realise they need to in order to prove that 'alternative hypothesis' of theirs. It's far far far easier to just send 2-3 links of some calls that went in favour of Madrid/against Barcelona and voila - fact proven.

Nor do they have the slightest awareness of protocols, how RFEF keep track of mistakes, how they hire and dismiss referees etc. etc. And they still talk like they know shit :lol:

Hence the only reasonable treatment is to call these people out for the mugs they are, since it is they who are making the utterly baseless accusations designed to tarnish reputation. Based on absolutely nothing, but their hunch. Don't have to look far but the post above.

This whole narrative that the media also L O V E to latch onto is designed to tap into the age old victimhood complex stemming from the results of the bygone eras. It's "Madrid is Franco's club" with a different flavour and seasoning. Nothing more. Zero science and research at the core of the claim and therefore zero value. To be ignored. Or better yet, ridiculed without remorse.

Last edited:

serghei

Utterly baseless :lol:. Man has problem with his eyes...

I'm waiting for the law of coincidences to finally hit Madrid in these close seasons. Never happens. It's great when coincidences somehow land in your favor every time you need them.

Next season I'm gonna keep a count of referee errors in Barca and Madrid close games where valuable points are won or lost between them. I hope Wolfe won't show up with his bullshit when that happens.

Let's hope it will be a close season. Closely watch Manzano. That guy is highly suspicious.

There are 3 refs in La Liga above any suspicion. Even if they make mistakes. Martinez Munuera, Del Cero Grande, and Lahoz (he's an unbiased idiot). At the opposite end is Gil Manzano.

Last edited:

serghei

I told you when watching Sociedad - Madrid that Madrid will be given help vs Bilbao as well, and miraculously, that's exactly what it happened. Coincidence, I know... :lol:

Itrurralde, former Spanish ref says that 90% of the refs are Real Madrid fans. Coincidence I know, or lies. I would like Wolfe to prove to me that Iturralde lied. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Please do, make the database, at least then people might not actually see you as Messigician type amoeba.

I'll make a dropbox for you even where you can post chopped up clips even - you might actually learn to handle images without embarrassing yourself like you did after Sociedad game. Can't wait to see that RELIABLE DATABASE assembled by a guy who can't even tell a bicep from a shoulder, while referring to absent evidence for a claim he's made that he can't back up :lol:
Also can't wait to see all the documented incidents where Barcelona have had a decision go in their favour. Should be a great read. Definitely a rarity on this forum that glosses over it and pretends like everything's clean and pristine all the time and Barcelona get the brunt of it 95% of the time with the reverse being true in case of Real :lol:

PS Be sure to make it on a service that logs the edits you make for all eyes to see. We wouldn't want to compromise the integrity of the study!

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Interesting conclusion. Care to elaborate where you got it from?

Itrurralde, former Spanish ref says that 90% of the refs are Real Madrid fans. Coincidence I know, or lies. I would like Wolfe to prove to me that Iturralde lied. Good luck with that.

Oh nah, that's not a problem, I'm sure he didn't. Bigger problem is the one you have - finding proof for Iturralde's opinion, and better yet, that his assumption of unconscious bias holds any water and that anyone being anybody's fan sways the result. With data of course. Feel free to call when you do.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Want proof?

No. I'd like to find out where your conclusion of "Wolfe is making Real Madrid look like a victim in La Liga" came from. Which part of my post led you to this statement. It's very curious indeed.

PS You better google the understanding of the word 'proof' since you used it erroneously.

Home of Barca Fans