Hiroki Abe

EdmondDantes

[MENTION=20666]maldhowayanr[/MENTION]

Slightly off-topic, but since you seem to know a lot about Japanese players, what's the deal with Reo Hatate? Is there any chance of him signing for a European club soon?

I was quite impressed with him in the Toulon Tournament this summer.

Messi983

BTW, we are apparently also interested in Jun Nishikawa but he'll only turn 18 next February (Japanese clubs can't sell their players before they are 18) so we can't sign him before next summer.

FC433

Slightly off-topic, but since you seem to know a lot about Japanese players, what's the deal with Reo Hatate? Is there any chance of him signing for a European club soon?

No idea. I have not actually watched Abe. The only player that I have watched was Kubo.

Donatello

From what I've heard, even the Japs don't rate him that high. Kubo is much better in terms of marketing and sporting abilities, there's no doubt about that.

They think it was too early, because he is no way a barca material yet, more of a mid tier club level talent.

This signing was made purely to save face and to calm down fans.

xXKonan

Ferran Martinez talked about the "Marketing Aspect" of this signing which I understand but at the same time really disappointing if they just based his signing just off that and instead of his supposed potential.

Messi983

Bartomeu trying to save face after losing on Kubo.

We didn't lose on Kubo, we decided not to give him wages he wanted and got at RM. If we would seriously want him we would offer him more than 250k/year.

this brings back memories of keirrison

How so?

We've paid 15M for Keirrison and he never played a game for us. Hiroki was bought for Barça B for 1M and even if he'll never make it to the first team he still shouldn't be considered as a flop. Signing him was a low risk/potential high reward move from a sporting standpoint and a very good marketable opportunity as well.

From what I've heard, even the Japs don't rate him that high. Kubo is much better in terms of marketing and sporting abilities, there's no doubt about that.

They think it was too early, because he is no way a barca material yet, more of a mid tier club level talent.

This signing was made purely to save face and to calm down fans.

He was the best young player in J1 League last year so at least some people in Japan must rate him.

He's not Barça first team material yet (and probably never will be) and that's why he'll play for Barça B. I'm pretty sure he's good enough for Segunda B and will prove that when he'll adapt.

There is no need to calm down fans, lol. Is anyone really upset we didn't overpay for Kubo who I think is very overrated here and he'll probably play for Getafe or Leganes in 2-3 years.

Also, why was this thread moved to the first team sub-forum? It should be under Barça B & La Masia.

Last edited:

Co0ter

So we overpay 10s of millions for other players but we couldn't increase a small amount of chump change to bring back a superior young player that grew up in La Masia, was displaced from it because we broke the law then wanted to come back...and we couldn't give him a bit of extra money? He was loyal, yet half of you want Neymar back and he disrespected the club in the worst way possible.

They now wasted money on buying a player that doesn't have half the potential Kubo has.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So we overpay 10s of millions for other players but we couldn't increase a small amount of chump change to bring back a superior young player that grew up in La Masia, was displaced from it because we broke the law then wanted to come back...and we couldn't give him a bit of extra money? He was loyal, yet half of you want Neymar back and he disrespected the club in the worst way possible.

They now wasted money on buying a player that doesn't have half the potential Kubo has.

How was he loyal if he joined Madrid? If he were truly loyal, he would never gone to them.

Leo_Messi

I am yet to watch a single minute of a football match featuring Kubo or Abe but judging from videos, statistics and trajectory so far, they appear to be players of a similar level. The only difference being that Kubo is 2 years younger and 4 cm taller. Both played in the Copa América during which they received their senior debuts as well.

Anyway Abe is traveling with the seniors to Japan.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...-con-el-primer-equipo-a-la-gira-de-japon.html

Home of Barca Fans