Neto

xXKonan

Norberto+Murara+Neto+Valencia+v+Barcelona+0fAOEo1B8vDl.jpg

kD6ZBQI.png

Since he's apparently our number 1 option to replace Cillessen, I thought I would start a topic on him. According to MD, it appears he will sign for Four Seasons with the club despite some uncertainty of the deal in recent days.

michelco

Alemany pretty much confirmed Valencia is selling Neto due to his/his agents demand of a new contract at the end of the season with salary above their salary cap, and refusing to back down from said demands

clemente

I don't get why would a 29 y/o would go to barca for some 8 Copa games per year. Even a double wage is not worth it.

EdmondDantes

Apparently Marcelino isn't fond of him and wouldn't start him this season anyway. Plus, he was second choice at Juventus as well.

Arizona Scott

I don't get why would a 29 y/o would go to barca for some 8 Copa games per year. Even a double wage is not worth it.

Shoot I would. Rather bit a bit player on a supreme club/team and soak up the Barca atmosphere than as a regular for a much lesser team at half the wages. Plus you might get that chance if 1st choice goals down so you are motivated to be ready.

Guess it depends on the player/situation, reflection on their career, and what they want. Neto has been on both sides, so to make more money and back up at Barca is very understandable and he should be very informed.

Arizona Scott

Want to reiterate Neto was #2 in the league in saves % behind Oblak last year and the year before he was 3rd behind Oblak and MATS.

Now it doesn't account for style of play (which could impact the nature of shots taken against them), and distribution is important for a Barca keeper, but those a promising stats for a #2 goalie.

xXKonan

Sport claims, that If Neto isn't happy in the one season we give him we will let him go next summer.

soul24rage

Sport claims, that If Neto isn't happy in the one season we give him we will let him go next summer.

Neto should just look at the games Cillessen played over the past 3 years. He has to have a decent idea of what he's getting into.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So stupid if true. Why would we buy a backup keeper with a condition to sell him after just one season if he is not happy (which backup keeper is happy?)? Not to mention how the hell are we going to sell him for 15m next summer when we were struggling to sell Cilessen for 20m? But I believe this is the kind of stupid stuff this board + Segura and Abidal could do.

xXKonan

From what I've read from Valencia fans, the reason he's leaving Valencia is that he had a falling out with Marcelino and one of the reasons they stated that Neto wasn't happy that Marcelino was playing Jaume Doménech in the league during the final games in order to get him ready for the Copa Final.

When you read stuff like that you wonder why he wanted to come here. If Cillessen couldn't make a dent in trying to get the number 1 GK spot from Stegen, how could Neto? not that he's a bad keeper or anything but he won't be a starter here either.

Unless he's here for the wages and having Barcelona on your CV to go along with Juventus, Fiorentina, and Valencia is something to be proud of+winning trophies.

Messi983

just get a younger GK as backup. this is a pointless signing

Why? No younger GK who is good enough would want to sit behind MATS and they also need to play to develop. Getting a veteran GK is totally understandable when you have a worldclass GK who is only 27.

BarçaBarça

Why? No younger GK who is good enough would want to sit behind MATS and they also need to play to develop. Getting a veteran GK is totally understandable when you have a worldclass GK who is only 27.

Agreed. And the business is fine too. Valencia will pay more for Rafinha or Denis than market value. At the same time we can sell Neto for 15M next summer if he doesn't want to be on the bench anymore, and then we can promote Inaki Pena.

Devils

How much we paying for him fam? If it's 30m we would be fools.

Could easily get Onana for around 30m from Ajax.

Top keeper.

Home of Barca Fans