Neto

Messi983

It looks like Valencia might not buy Suarez after all and they don't even want to pay 15m for Rafinha. I am not sure what benefit there is to gain by helping them. It is not like we are getting Lee Kang-in.

35m is way too much for an average keeper like Neto. Keylor Navas is reportedly to be sold for only 10m.
Idiotic deal all around.

Denis has rejected them and it's very unlikely they would ever pay 15M for Rafinha regardless of this swap. Those are all separate deals/negotiatons from a JC/Neto anyway so no need to include them here.

See, there is a limited market for Keylor who is a better GK and was actually a starter in multiple CL winning seasons for Madrid so I don't know how you can expect there would be a bigger market for JC.

There was no club willing to pay 20M for Jasper at the moment and it's very likely there would be no club prepared to pay that in this transfer window (don't forget EPL transfer window is already closing in around 5 weeks) at all if there won't be any movement from "big name" players like DDG or Donnaruma that would cause a domino effect.

Jasper has said in an interview last month that he wants to sign for a club from a top 5 league who will play the CL so his options were limited from the start.

- in La Liga Valencia was the only option.
- none of the top 4 clubs in the EPL needs a new GK. Some of them would probably need a better backup but wouldn't pay 20M for one and well, JC wants to be a starter so this is irrelevant.
- in BL Bayern still has Neuer and I don't see Dortmund, Leipzig or Bayer paying that much for a GK
- Juve seems to be happy with Szczesny (and they will probably get Buffon back as a backup if they'll sell Perrin), Napoli has just bought Italian U21 NT GK last season, Inter doesn't need a GK and Atalanta wouldn't pay that much
- in France only PSG would be able to pay 20M+ but they are looking for a younger/better GK or they will just keep Areola for another season

Now assuming that Benfica was really interested and would convince JC to join them. I doubt we would get more than 12M as it was reported.

So which club exactly do you believe would so easily pay 20M for him?

We don't know exactly what clauses are in Neto's contract but I don't believe we'll ever fully pay 35M for him because he'll be sold before then. So we'll make a few millions profit from a swap for people looking from this perspective. But as I've said before clubs like Barça don't care as much about cash flow or net spend money than they do about players amortisation costs. And here we made a 29M benefit selling Jasper. I have forgotten exactly how much Valencia benefited from this deal but we were not just helping them. As for Neto his cost for the club next season will be around 6,5M (26M initial transfer fee/ 4 year contract). Don't know if/how exactly bonuses are calculated here but if they are fully included then he will cost us around 8-9M instead.

malvolio

Ultimately, the 'deal' means we swapped a settled keeper for a 1 year older one who is not rated as high yet paid more in wages.

this not only proves that you are an arrogant moron, but also the fact that you don't know shit and you did not even care to inform yourself about the bullshit you are posting. well done, you imbecile! :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Straight swap for a player of roughly the same level. Contrary to what people are saying, Cilessen is not that good of a GK.

God Serena

Straight swap for a player of roughly the same level. Contrary to what people are saying, Cilessen is not that good of a GK.

Same case as with Bravo. Since he's not Mats people rate him as our best goalkeeper but the moment he steps away he'll flounder and vanish.

Messigician

Keep calm, Neto is a very good keeper, we should be fortunate he is happy to remain here as a backup he could start for many many clubs.

We have by far the best backup keeper in the world

Messi983

img_ssole_20190709-114545_imagenes_md_terceros_netoo-ksTH-U463389102528faE-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

[tw]1148528308184932352[/tw]

[tw]1148535022875553793[/tw]

[tw]1148537329440776192[/tw]

[tw]1148547128370847744[/tw]

PhilS

Seems like a fine move, getting a proven keeper this good who is willing to be #2. I remember him as a fine shot stopper, we'll have to see how well he can adjust to the unique demands of being a Barca keeper. If he leaves after one season, that makes sense. Barca needs reserves who are too good to put up with not playing much, so there should be a lot of turnover among the non-regulars every season. You just need a handful of players outside the first 11 who stick around for multiple seasons to play quite a bit as most-used alternates. Like Artur, Semedo, Umtitti.

raedkuwait

Let him play CL games, maybe our luck would change and we stop conseding shit load of goals in CL league games, ter had his chances for so many years and he has showen he is not good in CL and would bottle under pressure.
Now watch ter lovers kill me :)

God Serena

Let him play CL games, maybe our luck would change and we stop conseding shit load of goals in CL league games, ter had his chances for so many years and he has showen he is not good in CL and would bottle under pressure.

There's no point "Killing" a man who spends his entire day screaming at rocks about how aliens are wiping our memory, which is essentially all your Mats hate boner is at this point.

MTL_Barca

Also let's play Malcom instead of Messi in CL, maybe our luck will change who knows :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans