Neto

Andresito

Staff member
Neto asked to leave the club a few days ago, club said no, Probably because nobody could pay enough for Barca to not write it off as too big of a loss in the books.
According to Ojo Romero.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
We should sell him anyway. It is nice to have a really good backup gk but in our situation it is a luxury. La Masia kids should take the 2nd and 3rd spot. Would earn a fraction of Neto's wages too.

JamDav1982

We should sell him anyway. It is nice to have a really good backup gk but in our situation it is a luxury. La Masia kids should take the 2nd and 3rd spot. Would earn a fraction of Neto's wages too.

If Neto goes they can have players from B team as 2nd 3rd choice when highest played is Segunda level which is in reality 3/4/5th level really.

They would probably sign another GK and possibly go for likes of Rui Silva as linked.

Pena and Tenas should be sent on loan to prove themselves at some level. Too big a risk to take.

JamDav1982

Neto asked to leave the club a few days ago, club said no, Probably because nobody could pay enough for Barca to not write it off as too big of a loss in the books.
According to Ojo Romero.

He asked to leave weeks ago and before both previous cup ties.

behindbrowneyes

Read he was disappointed that he didn't play in Supercopa and asked the club to leave. Club denied him leaving in January and since then he isn't training well. That was the reason MAtS played yesterday.

feggydinho

Made some really good saves today, which might've had Ter-Stegen standing like a statue again. We would've tried alternating between Neto and Ter-Stegen to put more competition in the GK role

Altomonte

not playing Neto when MAtS was playing on on e leg may have been Koeman's biggest mistake. It started even before the Granada defeat.

Messi983

Sport saying we're negotiating with both Milan clubs about Neto. Not sure I really believe these rumours. Milan have just bought Maignan and Inter still have Handanović so he wouldn't be a starter in either team.

And I'm sure if they'd take him it would be on loan or swap some of their rejects. Better sell him to Everton or another EPL club.

khaled_a_d

Sport saying we're negotiating with both Milan clubs about Neto. Not sure I really believe these rumours. Milan have just bought Maignan and Inter still have Handanović so he wouldn't be a starter in either team.

And I'm sure if they'd take him it would be on loan or swap some of their rejects. Better sell him to Everton or another EPL club.

He is 37 and not a top GK anymore tbh.
For free or close to that, Neto would make sense to them.

Messi983

He is 37 and not a top GK anymore tbh.
For free or close to that, Neto would make sense to them.

Sure, that was my point. They'll only take him for next to nothing but we shouldn't settle for that imo.

And he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter which he wants so Inter doesn't make much sense. Still more than Milan though who have just bought a good young GK. Unless they want to have a backup with Serie A experience if Maignan would struggle but either way we won't get anything valuable in return so it's better to take whatever money we can get from EPL.

Home of Barca Fans