Do you want the club to sign Griezmann?

Do you want the club to sign Griezmann?

• Total voters

Xaviniesta

Since there are many different opinions on the Griezmann thread, Im curious to know where the Barcaforum stands on his possible signing

Options:

Yes - we should sign griezmann

No - we shouldn't, there are more important priorities that need to be addressed in the squad

I'd prefer us to sign a different forward - we should sign a forward, but not griezmann

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

As I see it he will steady deliver goals as part of a 2 or 3-man attack. With our more attacking setup (compared to Atleticos) he will get more chances --> more goals than now, even though he may never reach peak Suarez / Messi-levels, but few do anyway. He puts in a lot of defensive work which is crucial for our attacking setup. He can play on the right when Messi is rested, and in my opinion he should bench Suarez sooner rather than later.

The thing he lacks that I also want for our attack is speed. Dembele has it, so it should be a coachs job to balance that need, but overall we should look for this skill in new players as our old players are way to slow right now for modern football (Rakitic, Arthur, Busquets, Suarez especially).

Reports say he could even be used in midfield from time to time, which could be interesting, but shouldn't be the main use of him, as I see it. He is miles better than Jovic, way more stable than Neymar, and we need real competition for Suarez right now, not next year. In the end his performance on the field matters for us, as it did with Suarez amidst bite-drama, so if he get off to a good start with continuous goals, every concern about his media-persona will be forgotten quickly.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Ofc. What better options are out there? Continuing with Suarez as the starting CF is suicide. Barca should have done it last summer. Let's not throw another season away.

serghei

I would but might be too much for poor Ernie to handle. He seems to not have a clue how to use versatile players who don't have a very clear position.

He could be Coutinho 2.0.

KingLeo10

I would but might be too much for poor Ernie to handle. He seems to not have a clue how to use versatile players who don't have a very clear position.

Anything to get Suarez off the field though. We can't afford 2 forwards with zero workrate in the big games. And Suarez doesn't score often enough in CL to compensate for it anymore either.

jamrock

No

1) Have some pride for godsakes
2) actually have a plan & idea of how the club wants to move forward.

Andrew M

Of course there will be some doubts as to how Valverde will calibrate the team, but Griezmann is a better player than Coutinho for sure

snowy

It's a yes for the Griez! World class player both technically and mentally strong enough not to fall victim to the Barca pressure cooker.

Obviously answered in context _ based on the players current board would be willing to sign. Otherwise, I'd rather go with my selection in the Our Starting XI poll.

As for the off-script scenario of grabbing both him and ney, it could be a redeeming move by Barto but only if he's savvy enough to use the ney signing to offload the lesser performing/apt players whom he gave lengthy extensions to (Sergi and all the vets apart from Pique, Alba and Leo). Pique still has 1 or 2 more years in him. So does Alba but I'd like to see Firpo in our squad to keep him on his toes.

But since giving the boot to Jawsito ain't gonna happen, go-to-tactic would be the 352 [532 in defense & 334 in attack]

_____________Suarez
_________________ Messi
Ney _ Arthur_ de Jong _ Griez _ Demb
_ _ Lenglet _ _ Pique _ _ Todibo/Sem

Take HR, Tuchel, Bielsa as coach or put Valv on the rhyno-wolwerine cross-genetic radical mutation program xz8 and you're good to go "-)

y4bx77za
valvwolv 2.0 hehe

Should one of the superstars give him shit, resist the urge to shred him to pieces! but bench him and go a more traditional 433. Should a few get injured, no probs, promote Alena, Puig and Wague and outbid Bayern for Havertz next year

Squad depth is critical as it allows for rotations and variety. Rotate/rest all the players (including Leo) to keep overuse injury at bay and keep them fresh come CL crunch time.

Gotta be bold to get the trophies :laliga: + :copa: + :champions:

errr + a dash of luck :D

Home of Barca Fans