10 Years on BarcaForum

BarcaOG

Banned
Hi all,

I just wanted to celebrate the decade I've spent with you all here. I signed up the summer of the sextuple after lurking most of that season--how times have changed! We were so dominant then; in the few years that followed, up until 2012 or so, I felt every Champions League campaign was ours to lose.

I have never been a very active poster here, but I have always kept an eye on things: on some great, and some not so great, discussions. I have seen many great posters come and go, and a fair number of very annoying personalities my fellow long-timers will remember, that earned themselves justified bans.

I want to acknowledge also the presence and contribution of our non-Barca fan members: especially Real fans, who inject some much needed diversity into our discussions. Depending on the season and who we face in the CL we have had great Liverpool, Chelsea, Juventus etc. fans come and go throughout the years. They never stay for long though.

I also want to thank the mod team here: this is a very clean forum, where nonsense, unnecessary flaming and other noxious content is kept to a minimum. It's not an easy job--I've seen many decent forums collapse into anarchy over time. This one seems as robust as ever.

That's all! Thank you for the journey. Here's to another decade!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations [MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION] :beer:

Things changed quite a bit. As you said, people come and go. Amd maybe we won't ever see the excitement of 2009 but we are still here, for better and worse. :rockon:

BarcaOG

Banned
Congratulations [MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION] :beer:

Things changed quite a bit. As you said, people come and go. Amd maybe we won't ever see the excitement of 2009 but we are still here, for better and worse. :rockon:

Here for the long term indeed! And you as well, fellow old timer! :lol: 2007/2008 was probably not the best year to be a cule.

ebc_99

You just made me realise I have been on for about 10 years as well. I used to use another forum, I think fcbes.com, and I switched over to this one as there were a lot more people. I don't always post but I read through it every other day or so. I wonder if I will be still visiting in 2029, Hopefully, the next decade can be as successful as this one has.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You just made me realise I have been on for about 10 years as well. I used to use another forum, I think fcbes.com, and I switched over to this one as there were a lot more people. I don't always post but I read through it every other day or so. I wonder if I will be still visiting in 2029, Hopefully, the next decade can be as successful as this one has.

Hello, comrade from fcbes! Nice memories from there during Rijkaard and Ronaldinho era:)

Home of Barca Fans