Diego Palacios

xXKonan

img_femartinez_20190605-111307_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_gettyimages-1147125625-kXEC-U462694593777uIF-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Full name: Diego José Palacios Espinoza

Date of birth: July 12, 1999

Place of birth: Guayaquil, Ecuador

Height: 1,69m (5'7)

Playing position: Left-Back

Current Club: SD Aucas (Was on loan at Willem II)

According to Ferran Martinez (MD), we are in negotiations with SD Aucas for the signing of Palacios for the B team but with first team projections. Apparently, he's been a standout player for Eucador's U-20 team so far during the U-20 World Cup.

xXKonan

[tw]1141742440463982592[/tw]

Says he wants to opt for Barca B, rejecting the likes of Lyon, Ajax, and PSV. We will still need to negotiate with his club still. If true that is actually surprising on His part as all three options are better for him in terms of development.

Porque

[tw]1141742440463982592[/tw]

Says he wants to opt for Barca B, rejecting the likes of Lyon, Ajax, and PSV. We will still need to negotiate with his club still. If true that is actually surprising on His part as all three options are better for him in terms of development.

It's a good opportunity for him if we sign Filipe for a season rather than a big investment like Firpo- which seems to be the case. One season in the B team then straight to the first team to compete with Alba.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's a good opportunity for him if we sign Filipe for a season rather than a big investment like Firpo- which seems to be the case. One season in the B team then straight to the first team to compete with Alba.

The question is, is this guy good enough to even have the potential to play in the first team? If not, it is unrelated to our LB situation and any remedies for it.

Messi983

We don't know if he's good enough but if Ajax, PSV and Lyon who all have good scouting are after him this means something. I still doubt he would choose playing in Segunda B instead of Eredivisie/Ligue 1 but we'll see.

Porque

The question is, is this guy good enough to even have the potential to play in the first team? If not, it is unrelated to our LB situation and any remedies for it.

I posted that we should sign him just before MD broke the initial story so I am happy about his signing.

His offensive fullback play suits Barcelona. It is one or those signings where you either do a year in Barcelona B with the chance of first team promotion or you move to an Ajax, Dortmund, Lyon and maybe Barcelona doesn't come back again because the price has gone to high. Think Davinson.

If he signs for us I like this guys attitude and he may get first team opportunities sooner than expected.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I posted that we should sign him just before MD broke the initial story so I am happy about his signing.

His offensive fullback play suits Barcelona. It is one or those signings where you either do a year in Barcelona B with the chance of first team promotion or you move to an Ajax, Dortmund, Lyon and maybe Barcelona doesn't come back again because the price has gone to high. Think Davinson.

If he signs for us I like this guys attitude and he may get first team opportunities sooner than expected.

I agree with the part about his attitude, willing to play in a lower league and having the resolve and patience to prove his worth.

I don't know anything about this guy. Is he any good? Do you think he has a good chance/potential to be promoted to the first team? I am all for signing youngsters with big potentials.

Lastly, how is he defensively?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Porque

I agree with the part about his attitude, willing to play in a lower league and having the resolve and patience to prove his worth.

I don't know anything about this guy. Is he any good? Do you think he has a good chance/potential to be promoted to the first team? I am all for signing youngsters with big potentials.

Lastly, how is he defensively?

Judging solely from the U20WC he is solid. Better than Wague for example.

Messi983

I've watched Ecuador games against South Korea (semifinal) and Italy (3rd place) and was really impressed. He looks solid defensively and very good offensively.

Now I really want us to sign him and will be disappointed if we miss out on him though I would understand if he would prefer playing for PSV or Lyon over Barça B. It's just two games and I don't know how consistent he is and how he's doing against older/better opponent but I think he's too good for Segunda B. I understand why the club wants him to adapt but if we get him (and at the same time sign a veteran like F.Luis as Alba backup then he won't get opportunity to play for the first team next year if not for injuries) it would probably be better to loan him to La Liga team.

Porque

How so? Wague has been decent at the real World Cup, and is playing well in this African Cup of Nations as well.

I was judging Wague purely on his defending in the B team. I haven't seen him in the ACN yet but may tune into the knockout phase.

Home of Barca Fans