Diego Palacios

xXKonan

That's peanuts for all things considered.

He will likely be a starter if Miranda leaves which is very likely at this stage. There's Ignasi Vilarrasa but he's not really anything special at least in comparison to Miranda and Palacios.

Andresito

Staff member
He'll be like another Wague and show that he's too good for the B team and we will end up buying him.

But not sure what we will do with him after that if that scenario does happen. Considering we just bought Firpo for the first team and if he shows he's the real deal as well there won't be room for Palacios at the moment.

Guess he would probably go out on loan or be sold with a buyback.

Alba will be 31 next season so a 1-loan would be more suitable before coming back and competing with Firpo, or maybe even 2 years at Barca B if they gain promotion. This is the best case scenario though, that both Firpo and Palacios showing promising signs this season.

But I must say this Palacios deal almost guarantees us a profit. Any numbers on how much we paid for the initial loan?

xXKonan

According to Moises Llorens, it seems there's another twist in this saga.

He's going to the MLS to sign with LAFC as they offered much more money than us apparently.

Messi983

According to Moises Llorens, it seems there's another twist in this saga.

He's going to the MLS to sign with LAFC as they offered much more money than us apparently.

Barça signing Firpo apparently also played a role in his decision. Makes sense because he would have a hard time breaking into the first team in the next 2-3 years but even if we probably lost on Palacios because of him signing Firpo was absolutely a priority and the right move.

It's a shame because I've really liked what I've seen from Palacios in U20 WC and was looking forward to him joining us. Probably won't take long before he'll come to Europe anyway. Good luck.

Will be interesting to see if this will change our plans regarding Miranda. It shouldn't as I still believe he needs to play at a higher level than Segunda B and he should be loaned out to develop. Don't know if we'll try to bring another LB talent if Miranda leaves or we'll be good with Vilarasa/Jaime and possibly promote/use a Juvenil A player like Mika Marmol. He only turned 17 a month ago so don't know if he's ready for Barça B. I've also heard good things about Alejandro Balde but he's even younger.

Home of Barca Fans