Junior Firpo

Leo_Messi

CatRadio now saying that Firpo is Barca's priority and the deal should be closed by next week. Great news.

[tw]1151239124797382656[/tw]

Fantastic indeed. Can easily see Cucurella and Rafinha financing the entire deal or the vast majority of it.

EDIT: Really cool with the potentially first (if I am not wrong) Dominican to play for Barça. Beautiful country with some rather beautiful women as well and Dominican Spanish is a very cool dialect too.

Cucu was clearly bought back to be sold for more money or be used in attain someone like Firpo.

Valverde wasn't fond of Cucu, and I'm not sure his great season at Eibar did anything to change that.

No doubt about that. Have in mind that Cucurella has played almost entirely as a left midfielder or even attacking left midfielder throughout his Eibar stint. Only played 3 games as a nominal left back.

Contrary to Firpo who has played the vast majority of his games as a genuine left back or wing-back in Setién's preferred 3-4-2-1 formation. Played as a regular left back for the national team this summer in all the matches as well.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]1151239124797382656[/tw]

Fantastic indeed. Can easily see Cucurella and Rafinha financing the entire deal or the vast majority of it.

EDIT: Really cool with the potentially first (if I am not wrong) Dominican to play for Barça. Beautiful country with some rather beautiful women as well and Dominican Spanish is a very cool dialect too.

No doubt about that. Have in mind that Cucurella has played almost entirely as a left midfielder or even attacking left midfielder throughout his Eibar stint. Only played 3 games as a nominal left back.

Contrary to Firpo who has played the vast majority of his games as a genuine left back or wing-back in Setién's preferred 3-4-2-1 formation. Played as a regular left back for the national team this summer in all the matches as well.
Yep, Cucu struggled a bit at LB during the one season he played in the 2nd division when the B team was promoted. I thought, man if he's struggling here I don't think he has a future at LB for us or in general.

Sure he's young but he really exploded at LM/LW and that is likely where his future lies.

khaled_a_d

Yep, Cucu struggled a bit at LB during the one season he played in the 2nd division when the B team was promoted. I thought, man if he's struggling here I don't think he has a future at LB for us or in general.

Sure he's young but he really exploded at LM/LW and that is likely where his future lies.

tbh barca full back seems more of a midfielder/winger anyway.
Alba was a winger converted to LB, Roberto was a midfielder converted to RB, Semedo & Digne was supposed to be attacking fullbacks who earn their spot based on offense not their defense and here it was the opposite.
Even when Alves left he was more of RWB/RW after Barca.
That is why I don't have a problem with Firpo being attacking talent, he will get his his defensive duties learned and will be able to integrate well here.

Raketa10

Sell Cucu, Miranda and Rafinha, with that money we can finance Firpo and we are set to go!

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Will have to improve a lot but his spatial awareness and individual defensive skills still look more solid than Shitberto.

Raketa10

Will have to improve a lot but his spatial awareness and individual defensive skills still look more solid than Shitberto.

He is definitely fine for a LB backup, will he develop to a starting material one day or not is questionable but I doubt we'll find a better solution for 25 mil at the moment. It's hard to find a great LB for a backup since he won't get a lot of playing time if Alba stays healthy. On the other hand it's better to go for a young player because if he flops here there is still a good chance we will be able to regain that 25 mil by selling him. IMHO at 25 mil he is a no brainer.

Last edited:

Devils

[tw]1151098652510818304[/tw]

Breathtaking player.

Look at the first clip where he destroys that clown Roberto. Smh.

stk93

stegen - alba, lenglet, pique, semedo - firpo, busq, rakitic, roberto - messi, suarez

finally valverde can win ucl😉

cro-man

I am not sure if this guy is the right man for the job but we need someone who can compete with alba. I am still shocked what he did against pool...

xXKonan

Alba is one of those guys, once he loses his athleticism his decline will be pretty steep I bet.

He was never the most technically gifted player, but he made up for it in his athleticism and his ability to drive into Space and play 1-2's with Messi, etc and was elite at doing just that. But once he loses that he won't be anywhere near effective going forward and defending.

Guys like Marcelo, Alves, etc have the sheer technicality to make up for losing speed and athleticism, but with guys like Alba that is not the case sadly.

Home of Barca Fans