User Tag List

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Junior Firpo

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mia7007 View Post
    He is from Domimican republic, does he have any EU passport?
    he has spanish citizenship. he already played for spain u21

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mia7007 View Post
    He is from Domimican republic, does he have any EU passport?
    Yep, Spanish one. Actually, he is registered as a Spanish player.
    Fear of the squat
    Fear of the squat
    I have a constant fear
    Valverde's here next year

Valverde after Copa defeat: "I'm fine.. but when you lose you are always worse than when you win."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would not count as a foreigner even if he didn't have an EU passport. Dominican republic has signed the Cotonou agreement.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "El futbolista del Betis, de vacaciones tras ganar el Europeo sub 21 con la selección española, es una de las primeras opciones del club catalán para reforzar el lateral izquierdo. Según apunta Muchodeporte, la oferta llegaría a unos 20 millones de euros más la cesión de dos jugadores. Y uno de ellos sería Juan Miranda."
    We apparently offered 20M and Miranda+another player on loan for Firpo. I don't believe Betis would accept this but it's a good starting point if true.

I would give them Rafinha (we won't get much selling him anyway so including him in a deal like this is probably the best option to get rid off him) and also Miranda in property if we include a buy-back. And then maybe loan someone like O.Busquets, maybe even Puig who I think Rubi would probably like and give him some valuable La Liga experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really great to see that we're interested in him. We badly need an LB and Firpo is one of the most promising ones out there. He can rotate with Alba and can eventually replace him if he lives up to his potential.
    I believe his release clause is 30m so I think if they dont accept our 20m + Miranda, we'll eventually pay the 30m.
    "It is what it is"- Ernesto Valverde after suffering a humiliation in the UCL.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His clause is 60m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    His clause is 60m
    oh wow. I dont know why I thought his clause is 30m. Makes sense then why other clubs aren't going for him. Lets hope Betis accepts our offer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafinha + Miranda (with a buyback option) + Alena or O. Busquets on loan + 20m

Seems fair and possible. VFC, I believe, is offering Mina + one player on loan + 15m for Gomez who is valued at 40 to 50m.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were rumours Liverpool is prepared to pay 50M but I doubt as they already have a good LB. Moreno has left so they'll need another LB but will probably go for someone cheaper. City was also interested but they've paid 60M for Mendy two years ago, they renewed Zinchenko who Pep really likes and then also bought back Angelino from PSV so they now have 3 LBs.

We'll see what will happen but if there is no true interest/offers from big EPL clubs it would be a good news for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abidal did say today that there would be more defensive signings to come so lets hope we buy him.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was also reported last week that Valverde has demanded LB position to be addressed first so I think we'll have some news over the next week or two. Would be ideal to have Griezmann and new LB available for the start of preseason or at least before we go to Japan.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    Griezmann + Firpo and we should be okay. We do not need any more signings.

We need to sell Rafinha + either Vidal or Rakitic and maybe loan one of Alena or Puig.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romero claims, Firpo is our number one option this summer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Romero's intel is true. This is the position that I feel that we really need to strengthen.

I'm worried that Bartomeu had to borrow 35 million to make the Griezmann purchase. The board really needs to make some sells if they want to sign Firpo.

Or better yet just get Filipe Luis for free on a short term contract and sign Firpo or someone else in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there will still definitely be sales. Lets hope Rakitic and Coutinho are two of them.
    Signing Firpo would be really great news. He can actually compete with Alba.